Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
james campbell

house from the movie Deck the Halls

Recommended Posts

curious,the house in deck the halls with Danny Devito ,anyone know if that is a members house? That house is a big reason I am here today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That house was a stage set built specifically for the movie. In fact both houses were built for the movie. The computers that controlled the house were in the other house where they could watch the program in action. There is some great bonus features about all this on the DVD.
They even built a dome over the two houses so they could film the night scenes during the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The movie was originally entitled Wreck the Halls, it was shot in Cloverdale, British Columbia and other locations throughout Metro Vancouver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

evan.a wrote:

The movie was originally entitled Wreck the Halls, it was shot in Cloverdale, British Columbia and other locations throughout Metro Vancouver.


I've got a comedy Christmas song called "Wreck the Halls", used it in my Christmas Display in 2010. Don't think the song or that title would have actually fit the movie quite as well as what they changed it to: "Deck the Halls". Not really sure that was a good title for it either though. LOL

More like "How to annoy your neighbor during Christmas".:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Mitchell wrote:

That house was a stage set built specifically for the movie. In fact both houses were built for the movie. The computers that controlled the house were in the other house where they could watch the program in action. There is some great bonus features about all this on the DVD.
They even built a dome over the two houses so they could film the night scenes during the day.

Thats good to know. I need to get the dvd,as I only saw it on tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I a total geek because as I watched the show I was trying to figure out how many channels, DMX, ect, it was taking to create the effects they did in the show? :dude:

Does the extra on the DVD go into how many lights, channels, DMX, ect they used to create the effects?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

james campbell wrote:

Brian Mitchell wrote:
That house was a stage set built specifically for the movie. In fact both houses were built for the movie. The computers that controlled the house were in the other house where they could watch the program in action. There is some great bonus features about all this on the DVD.
They even built a dome over the two houses so they could film the night scenes during the day.

Thats good to know. I need to get the dvd,as I only saw it on tv

I only saw it on one of the movie channels commercial free. So I guess I need to go find and buy the DVD too to see what all the extra goodies are about in the making of the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

I've got a comedy Christmas song called "Wreck the Halls",:D

Are not referring to Wreck the Malls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Steven wrote:

Orville wrote:
I've got a comedy Christmas song called "Wreck the Halls",:P

Are not referring to Wreck the Malls?


You're going to love this, that IS the song, but on the CD I have, it has "Wreck the Halls" as the title of the song, not Malls!

Looks like a misprint that made its way out the door. I know it's by Bob Rivers, but on the CD I have, it's a collection of Comedy Christmas songs. And when I ripped it from that CD, that is the title it gave it as well.

I always thought it was strange to be called "Wreck the Halls", when they were singing "Wreck the Malls" and I never knew that was the "correct" title of the song.

For the last, oh, 5 or more years I think, I've always known the song as "Wreck the Halls"! Even the sequence I have for it has Wreck the Halls as the name for it. I had no idea of the other, correct name of the song.

Learned something new I really didn't know.

Thanks for bringing this up Steven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

james campbell wrote:

curious,the house in deck the halls with Danny Devito ,anyone know if that is a members house? That house is a big reason I am here today.

James that is ONE EERIE avatar you have there. Just noticed it, and that looks downright creepy. But I like it!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

james campbell wrote:
curious,the house in deck the halls with Danny Devito ,anyone know if that is a members house? That house is a big reason I am here today.

James that is ONE EERIE avatar you have there. Just noticed it, and that looks downright creepy. But I like it!:P

I did a screenshot from Christmas vacation btw did you notice the signature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...