Light-O-Rama Forums

Finally a picture

ItsMeBobO

Bob! How did I miss this? Thanks! I am ready to buy!

I wonder if they will be the same brightness and price. It looks like they snap in to the single screw mount.

-Logan

khawes wrote:

looks like two sizes to me :P

It is hard to tell but yes I agree at least two sizes.

Can't wait to see more about what mounting options are available. Would like to mount in a straight line in the grass. But not on 2x4..something which will not warp and that is 25 feet long.

I would have guessed that the c7, and c9 bulbs are only there as a size comparison?

Guest guest

ItsMeBobO wrote:

khawes wrote:
looks like two sizes to me :P

It is hard to tell but yes I agree at least two sizes.

Can't wait to see more about what mounting options are available. Would like to mount in a straight line in the grass. But not on 2x4..something which will not warp and that is 25 feet long.

I'm assuming the round black discs with the keyhole in them shows the mounting option? Thinking the bulb and base snap onto that mounting piece...?

Just enough information to create more questions and make us all beg Dan for more...

So this is purely my own conclusion, but I believe this to be correct. The red bulb is simply a size comparison to the CCB (much like a screw or battery being placed to the side of something small in size!) There are two sizes.

Why? Look at the size of the wire of the CCB and the threads on the standard bulbs - they don't change whereas the overall size does. Also note that the lens on the 'standard' bulbs is red. This would make generating of blue or green colours impossible because the red lens physically filters any light generated to be red.

See attached file...

Attached files 245470=13365-ccb-vs-normal.jpg

I'm hoping the picture is not 'actual'. I would hope the wire will not be white.:shock:

Paul Roberson wrote

I'm hoping the picture is not 'actual'. I would hope the wire will not be white.

I can almost say for sure it will be white just like the CCR wire is. The wires look exactlly like my CCR'S.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

No experience on grass mounted lights since my grass is covered in snow for Halloween, but I'd think wire tying them to a 1/2 inch PVC would be the way to go, 2-3 U shaped "staples" to hold them it to the ground and you are done. Plus they would be far less visible during the day than a 2x4.

Past that, the bulbs look AWESOME, can't wait to see them up close.

I've searched for info on the new CCB and have a guess on how it might work. I'm looking for input on whether this would work:

A spiral tree x' tall, x' diameter at bottom
1 100' CCB used as 2 50'
a double spiral 50' each (one end reversed)
Now Add a star from a spare LOR controller channel

I could now copy my CCR programming to each leg?

Any engineers out there who can fill in the x's? I plan on using rebar with a heavy guage wire for the spiral.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked