Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linkers

Bartlettguy67

I'm looking at getting a pair of ELL for my display this coming Christmas. My PC is located in the back office and the controllers are on the fence right off the office outside. I don't have aluminum siding on my house, so that would not be an issue. Will the tranmitters transmit through wooden walls without any issue?

Bartlettguy67 wrote:

I'm looking at getting a pair of ELL for my display this coming Christmas.    My PC is located in the back office and the controllers are on the fence right off the office outside.  I don't have aluminum siding on my house, so that would not be an issue.   Will the tranmitters transmit through wooden walls without any issue?

I used a pair of ELL's for my display last year. Like you, my office was where the signal transmitted from to the control boxes outside. I had no issues at all. The ELL worked as promised. I'll be using them again this year. It sure beat drilling holes or leaving a window cracked for the cable run.:D

Thanks for the information. Last year was my first animated display, and I ran the cat 5 cable out one of the back windows. Thanks for the info. From what I hear, its worth the purchase.

I have used 3 ELLs for a few years now without any issues, and highly recommend them.

The only thing to be aware of is that if you have a very large network, and sequence music using small time intervals, etc (ie .02, or .05 seconds), and use lots of fades, twinkles, etc - in other words where you run a display with a lot of network activity, you may come up against the speed limitation ELLs have, (if memory serves me 56K or so, but as it's been a few years since I read the manuals don't quote me), which you won't with direct wire.

I feed my main system directly with CT5 cable, and use my first ELL after my 7th controller to connect with the other 2 ELLs and their controllers. I have never encountered any speed limitation issues.

Greg