Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BrownOut

All cut up

Guest guest

BrownOut wrote:

I have never seen Spaceballs... :) I guess I should??

Basically if you like Star Wars you'll love SpaceBalls, it's a Mel Brooks movie that is a Star Wars Spoof and it is funny as hell! I actually like it better than Star Wars!:shock:

I laugh hysterically at a lot of the stuff in SpaceBalls. If you enjoy spoofs and comedy movies, you'll really enjoy this one!

Guest guest

caniac wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
I have never seen Spaceballs... :) I guess I should??
oh yes, it perverts all things sacred about Star Wars but not as bad as the Family Guy version.

Gad, I don't care much for the "Family Guy" version, SpaceBalls IS FAR, FAR BETTER and FUNNIER TOO!!!

Guest guest

caniac wrote:

Is this where I play my trump card and whip out my AARP to blame it on old age?

Alzheimers perhaps? LOL

I have seen the Family Guy version, (DVD version much better than what aired on cable) but not seen the original Star Wars. Guess I have two movies to watch then.

Guest guest

BrownOut wrote:

I have seen the Family Guy version, (DVD version much better than what aired on cable) but not seen the original Star Wars. Guess I have two movies to watch then.

BrownOut, you'd have to watch several of the Star Wars movies as Mel Brooks incorporated elements from the various Star Wars movies.

Hope you got a lot of hours to spend watching movies since I think there are 5 or 6 Star Wars movies, but only one SpaceBalls. SpaceBalls runs about 2 hours, but all those Star Wars movies are going to take over 10-12+ hours to watch!:shock:

Maybe you can watch them and sequence at the same time?

Orville wrote:

caniac wrote:
BrownOut wrote:
I have never seen Spaceballs... :D I guess I should??
oh yes, it perverts all things sacred about Star Wars but not as bad as the Family Guy version.

Gad, I don't care much for the "Family Guy" version, SpaceBalls IS FAR, FAR BETTER and FUNNIER TOO!!!
the first two Family Guy one's were good but the last one really blew chunks.

Orville wrote:

BrownOut wrote:

BrownOut, you'd have to watch several of the Star Wars movies as Mel Brooks incorporated elements from the various Star Wars movies.

Hope you got a lot of hours to spend watching movies since I think there are 5 or 6 Star Wars movies, but only one SpaceBalls. SpaceBalls runs about 2 hours, but all those Star Wars movies are going to take over 10-12+ hours to watch!:shock:

Maybe you can watch them and sequence at the same time?

yep, you pretty much have to have watched all six Star Wars in order to get the humor in the Family Guy versions. The first two will get you up to speed to understand SpaceBalls.

Boy that does look really nice. I admire your courage of cutting them up and just making it work!

Thank you all for the nice words. I have been working on patterns that look good to music in the dark. The moon project didn't look as cool as I thought it would... doesn't really look like a moon at all.. Trying other shapes now. I want year one of LOR to be good. I have one arch minus two pixels too. My cat named Termite helped.

-Logan

The good news is you can't really tell it is that much shorter when placed in the yard next to the others. =^..^=

When i get the next 4 in june..Cutting 'em also for the GAZEBO POST !!! Working on my Chee to get the SAMARI warrior inside me ready to cut 'em up!!!

Brownout very nice job, i dont think i could cut mine up either if i had one, still waiting for the CCB's but ill keep um in one piece, also keep the videos and pic commin

what is the difference between CCR's and CCB's? I know what a CCR is but haven't seen anything called a CCB.

;-) arches have been done. Working on sequencing and trying to imagine what my house will look like with CCBs. I am using the first half of the music video "Cascade" by Deluka. Can't wait for my snow tubes from CDI. I got 25 of the 48" tubes. Should be very bright at the point of the song "on, off, like a light switch".

That star looks great! And I'm even more excited to hear when someone else hasn't watched Star Wars Either!!:D

Spaceballs may be one of my most favorite movies.

jeffandnicole wrote:

That star looks great! And I'm even more excited to hear when someone else hasn't watched Star Wars Either!!:D

Spaceballs may be one of my most favorite movies.
well buy/rent the first three star wars movies and watch. then rewatch spaceballs, it will be even funnier. take a break and then watch the first two Family Guy knockoffs starting with Blue Harvest then Something, Something, DarkSide.

Once you have finished watching the Star Wars, Space Balls an Family Guy, find the robot chicken star wars episodes to put it all in the correct perspective. :D

JoeKinne wrote:

Once you have finished watching the Star Wars, Space Balls an Family Guy, find the robot chicken star wars episodes to put it all in the correct perspective. :P
yep

I haven't thought of that movie in 25 years or more. Hilarious.

Logan..During your Samari Warrior CUTTING up the ribbons, Did you try inputting the data Paralell to the front of two ribbons using two power sources? Wandering if that would solve the intesity issues of running multible ribbons off of one controller. I will be running three ribbons off of one and really don't want to light 9 pixals at once if possible. Don't mind if all three mirror each other because that is what I want to do with only one controller!!!

Jeff
Thats exactly it.I will have a long run of 38 ft. If i used three ribbons end to end with one controller I would be lighting up 9 pixals for each channel, Thats 27 rgb nodes per channel. I won't be utilizing micro's because i want the control of small "tight" chases. If it works like i hope it will react like three ribbons end to end but with only one controller and extra power brought to the second two. That way i only have to program 50 channels not 150. I have been sequencing for 7 controllers and thank goodness for copy and paste!!!