Light-O-Rama Forums

Rare Mini Trees

DrNiceGuy

Hello, Everyone!

It's been awhile since I skipped 2010 due to a move. As with many of you, now it's crunch time for 2011. However, I need some help...

I'd like to purchase the exact boxed Target trees (new or used) shown below. Has anyone seen these? If anyone can help find more or has some to sell, please let me know. I'd like to hear from you, and I'm willing to pay top dollar.

Thanks!
-Roy

Attached files 243506=13252-Target Mini Trees.jpg

I did a search to see what I could find, but seems everyone is out of stock on the "walkway" style of trees. Not sure these are the same type (they look like it).

I found them here (3 pack and 6 pack - unfortunately out of stock):
http://www.christmastreesgalore.com/specialty-christmas-trees/walkway-christmas-trees/prelitwalkwaystaketreessetof3.cfm

(Even though the url shows 12 pack, it's only a 6-pack). Still out of stock unfortunately!
http://www.christmastreesgalore.com/specialty-christmas-trees/stake-trees/specialty-christmas-trees/topiary-trees/prelitwalkwaytree12pack.cfm

Maybe you can e-mail them and find out when they may get some more in.

Every site I looked at that sold these, seems every one is "out of stock".

Good luck on getting what you need or finding them in-stock somewhere!

caniac wrote:

we have twelve of them but not in the box and multi color.

Hi Caniac,

PM sent.

Thanks,
-Roy

Mike Cole wrote:

How many do you need, and what would you like to pay?.......

Hi Mike,

PM sent.

Thanks,
-Roy

Orville wrote:

I did a search to see what I could find, but seems everyone is out of stock on the "walkway" style of trees. Not sure these are the same type (they look like it).

http://www.christmastreesgalore.com/specialty-christmas-trees/walkway-christmas-trees/prelitwalkwaystaketreessetof3.cfm

(Even though the url shows 12 pack, it's only a 6-pack). Still out of stock unfortunately!
http://www.christmastreesgalore.com/specialty-christmas-trees/stake-trees/specialty-christmas-trees/topiary-trees/prelitwalkwaytree12pack.cfm

Hi Orville,

Thanks for looking into this... I believe I saw this website 2 seasons ago when they were still in stock. However, I didn't purchase any because I wasn't quite sure they matched all of the Target ones I have now. They look very similar. Plus, at the time, I didn't know I would need them now! For 2011, I'm trying to increase my mini tree count for what I want to do. I'd like for all of them to be same since they will be in close proximity to each other and for consistency. I also plan to showcase the mini trees as the main part of my display. That's if I end up with enough...

Thanks!
-Roy

DrNiceGuy wrote:

Orville wrote:

Hi Orville,

Thanks for looking into this... I believe I saw this website 2 seasons ago when they were still in stock. However, I didn't purchase any because I wasn't quite sure they matched all of the Target ones I have now. They look very similar. Plus, at the time, I didn't know I would need them now! For 2011, I'm trying to increase my mini tree count for what I want to do. I'd like for all of them to be same since they will be in close proximity to each other and for consistency. I also plan to showcase the mini trees as the main part of my display. That's if I end up with enough...

Thanks!
-Roy

No problem. just trying to help locate items when I can for a fellow enthusiast.

I'm seriously considering using some 4' artifical Christmas trees that I can usually pick up for around $5 each at the local Family Dollar store when they come in this year. I already have 2 4', 2 5' and 1 6' that I'm considering using in the display this year, if I opt to use different sized trees instead of all being uniform. Still debating this one over and over in my mind. What little is left of it. LOL

Just have to find a way to mount them since their bases all broke, thinking a piece of PVC staked into the ground and another piece of PVC screwed to the remnants of the trees bases to hold them upright, and slide that into the staked PVC piece that would be just a slight bit larger than the base PVC I'd use on the tree itself.

Just not sure if I want to mess with it, do it another way, if I do it at all. Decisions, decisions. LOL

Orville wrote:

DrNiceGuy wrote:
Orville wrote:

Hi Orville,

Thanks!
-Roy

No problem. just trying to help locate items when I can for a fellow enthusiast.

I'm seriously considering using some 4' artifical Christmas trees that I can usually pick up for around $5 each at the local Family Dollar store when they come in this year. I already have 2 4', 2 5' and 1 6' that I'm considering using in the display this year, if I opt to use different sized trees instead of all being uniform. Still debating this one over and over in my mind. What little is left of it. LOL

Just have to find a way to mount them since their bases all broke, thinking a piece of PVC staked into the ground and another piece of PVC screwed to the remnants of the trees bases to hold them upright, and slide that into the staked PVC piece that would be just a slight bit larger than the base PVC I'd use on the tree itself.
Someone suggested in another post about using fence post green stakes to setup the trees. I plan to use this idea this year.

Just not sure if I want to mess with it, do it another way, if I do it at all. Decisions, decisions. LOL

scubado wrote:

Someone suggested in another post about using fence post green stakes to setup the trees. I plan to use this idea this year.

That may work except the trees I have don't have an opening in the base, they have a "stake type point", so the trees I have need to slide into an opening to hold them upright.

They just aren't a long enough stake to put them in the ground! Need something in the ground they can go into.

Uness the fence stakes you're referring to are a rounded type aluminum pipe, then I could slide the tree down into that. If it's just a solid stake, won't work for these trees I have.

But was a good idea.

• 1 month later...

Orville wrote:

Uness the fence stakes you're referring to are a rounded type aluminum pipe, then I could slide the tree down into that. If it's just a solid stake, won't work for these trees I have.

But was a good idea.

Hey, Orville:

The fence stakes are the way to go. They are the green ones that look kinda like a U when viewed from the end. On the ground end there is a flat piece of steel - looks like a spade or shovel. Get the 3' ones and driver. Drive 'em a foot or so into the ground, then sidle the tree up next to it. You have to work it between the branches to get the trunk of the tree as close to the stake as possible. Then use two zip ties to strap the tree tightly to the stake.

Since the stakes are molded into a shape rather than flat or tubular, they are VERY stable (don't bend in the wind). They're already green (good Christmas camo). Easy to use (the driver makes short work of placing them, and you don't take a chance on pounding your hand/wrist with a hammer or sledge). With some wiggling they come back out of the ground fairly easily (surprisingly easy considering how stable they are). And they're low cost (around $3 to $4 each).

I currently use 14 artificial trees in my display. All are mounted using varying lengths of these fence stakes (available in 3', 4', 5' and 6'). I love these little things.

• 1 month later...

I am planning on dumping the tomato cages this year and going with these same kind of trees this year.

A store up here in Edmonton, Alberta Canada was selling them for $20.00 (a box of 3 trees). I saw some boxes with two trees and a few more lights on the trees.

Of course I say that now and I could change my mined in October. lol

• 1 year later...

Bump for 2013.

Still looking for more of these mini trees... clear or multi.  Paying top dollar.  Let me know!

Thanks!
-Roy

Bump for 2013.

Still looking for more of these mini trees... clear or multi.  Paying top dollar.  Let me know!

Thanks!

-Roy

are these becoming your minions?

I have a butt load of them.. how many are you wanting?  I will ask my wife if she wants to part with them.

I have a butt load of them.. how many are you wanting?  I will ask my wife if she wants to part with them.

ok how many is a butt load :rolleyes:  B)

somewhere between 30 and 42 trees if I remember right..   Still have to ask the wife if she wants to get rid of them.. I used them in my show the last two years..

are these becoming your minions?

Absolutely, and thanks again for your contribution!