Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ron Amedee

New Condo

Tried with the camera on "movie" already..NOT GOOD !!!Gotta get a Flip or something..But that cuts into the CCR budget!!...Will have 4 contollers and 7 ribbons by christmas..Will borrow a video camera from someone to film..Still need FM Transmitter and SOOOO MUCH more!!! This is insanity at it's finest !!!! Not to mention 4 more controllers and Lots of LED's..Started out thinking maybe 80 channels..Now probally 680 plus !!

Last year I wanted to go from 32 to 64 channels but somehow I ended up with 96. There is no telling what I'll end up spending this year. I also do not have a video camera either.

Ron Amedee wrote:

Gotta get a Flip or something

For videographing CCRs, a Flip will probably disappoint you. The CCR is just too bright and the colors wash out. I like the job the Flip did with my display - all except for the CCRs. The best time of day to capture the CCR colors is actually before dark.

Thanks George..Just can't decide where to put the money for first year..Going TOOO BIG..but what the hey...GOO BIGGG or GOOO HOME !!

I hear you with having to prioritize... but IMHO your first priority should be an FM transmitter. If people can't hear the music the lights make no sense. But having said that, the Flip with HD is freakin' awesome for $129.

Guest guest

Jason Burge wrote:

I really feel sorry for "northerners" in the winter but it would be nice to spend the summer up north.;) yea it is already in the 80's everyday here with humidity rising.

Wish it was in the low to mid 80's ghere, that's not so bad, but in my area and per my digital thermometer that is mounted above my sliding glass door at our apartment, here in Florida, it got to 94 degrees in my area. And that sensor is basically SHADED too that feeds the thermometer, so if it were in direct sun, probably would have read 100!

I'm all ready for the fall/winter season to come back and it's not that far into the HOTTEST part of Florida yet.:shock:

I much prefer a nice temp that is steady from 62-68 degrees, now if I could find a place that stayed that temp all year round, I'd have found my perfect place to move and live!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Tried with the camera on "movie" already..NOT GOOD !!!Gotta get a Flip or something..But that cuts into the CCR budget!!...Will have 4 controllers and 7 ribbons by Christmas..Will borrow a video camera from someone to film..Still need FM Transmitter and SOOOO MUCH more!!! This is insanity at it's finest !!!! Not to mention 4 more controllers and Lots of LED's..Started out thinking maybe 80 channels..Now probably 680 plus !!
you might want to hurry on the purchase of a Flip, Cisco is shutting down that company (they bought them a few years back and then suddenly realized they aren't in the camera business).

Guest guest

Orville wrote:

Jason Burge wrote:
I really feel sorry for "northerners" in the winter but it would be nice to spend the summer up north.;) yea it is already in the 80's everyday here with humidity rising.

Wish it was in the low to mid 80's ghere, that's not so bad, but in my area and per my digital thermometer that is mounted above my sliding glass door at our apartment, here in Florida, it got to 94 degrees in my area. And that sensor is basically SHADED too that feeds the thermometer, so if it were in direct sun, probably would have read 100!

I'm all ready for the fall/winter season to come back and it's not that far into the HOTTEST part of Florida yet.:shock:

I much prefer a nice temp that is steady from 62-68 degrees, now if I could find a place that stayed that temp all year round, I'd have found my perfect place to move and live!

I'm dying to get back home to the heat...I did actually see the sun this week in seattle (thanks Jimswinder...:D), was crazy enough to go see the mariners/tigers game last night, and it was NOT baseball weather...

Ron...nice enclosures..good luck with them.. (weak attempt to un-hijack the thread...)...