Light-O-Rama Forums

Long Fade

Ron Amedee

OK been "Playing" with the CCR for almost two weeks and finally got around to doing an animation of 3 hours with a fade every 5 minutes.

The strange part is during the first 30 seconds of the fade it goes to the final color and stays there for the remaining 4 and a half minutes !!!

I will use the CCR's year round as mood lighting on the Gazebo and would like a "GRADUAL" fade so you really wonder "Wasn't the lights Blue before? Why are they Red now? EFFECT....

Ron Amedee wrote:

The strange part is during the first 30 seconds of the fade it goes to the final color and stays there for the remaining 4 and a half minutes !!!

I will use the CCR's year round as mood lighting on the Gazebo and would like a "GRADUAL" fade so you really wonder "Wasn't the lights Blue before? Why are they Red now? EFFECT....

What's next?? CCR's in the bedroom?!?!?

Oh wait...maybe that's why your fades only last 30 seconds.... :P

Ron Amedee wrote:

Jim..You been talkin' to the wife??

Talkin'?

Nope...haven't been talkin' to the wife.... :shock: :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

OK enough playing, Still have the same problem !!!! Can 5 minute fades be done? Are is the firmware unable to do this with CCR's?
Also downloaded into the CCR 14,650 bites into the CCR for standalone operation and the sequence plays perfect on "TEST SEQuence" yet first 5 pixals don't lite during first 5 minutes of the standalone sequence.

Thanks Jeff
I found the same thing...Currently doing a thirty second fade for 2 hours to see if file size has something to do about it. I hope after two hours it will just start up again since I have it set to Run whenever powered.
I will be loading it as stand alone operation to avoid using the laptop for just mood lighting.
Stand alone will only handle 10.000 commands and at 5 minute fades for three hours I was using 14,450 commands, Still not bad for this tiny controller!!!
For the people without a CCR the controller is the size of a pack of cigarettes!!

I would like to propose a test for you. My CCRs are not hooked up or I would do it myself.

Create a 5 minute sequence with 30 second timings. Then add 10 fades from 0 to 10, 10 to 20, etc
This simulates a continous fade but sends it as 10 events to the controller.

My bet is it will do all 10 fades correctly.
The problem is the internal ccr timing cant count past 30 seconds. Also.. it may not be exactly 30 seconds but somewhere around it.. maybe 32 seconds.

Wow Jeff..Thanks
I guess we learn something new every day.
Thanks BobO..{The master of Ribbon cutting!}
Jeff shoot me the sequence so I can see If I grasp this concept!!
LOR community ROCKS !!!

My answer from the help desk confirms it.

A Light-O-Rama help desk staff member has replied to your request, #130687 with
the following response:

Unfortunatly fades have a maximum of 25 seconds. This has been the case for LOR
since day one. It most likely is not all that well documented but it is out
there some place.

You will need to break your fades into sections that are less than 25 seconds
long.

Thank you all!!!!

Kool ALEX is like yankee land compared to here !!!
Watch the discovery channel {Swamp People} WE is some backwoods hicks...CAJUNS !
At least thats how we are betrayed on TV!!
We even laugh at that show...Like where do they find these people!!!
Must have been in the air force!! I did the navy on pier 12 Norfolk,Va.78-81 CVN-68 NIMITZ

• The topic was locked