Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Update?

Robert Burton

Guest guest

I'm still curious as to know what the NEW License is going to be called, we have BASIC, BASIC+, and ADVANCED (is there one between BASIC+ and ADVANCED? I don't recall.)

So what's it going to be:

"SUPER ADVANCED" due to the addition of the Super Star software or will we now have an ADVANCED+ license?

Inquisitive minds want to know.....:P

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• caniac

• TitusCarnathan

• Denise Brunner

The "Superstar" software was a separate package developed by one of the forum members for sequencing multiple CCRs (Cosmic Colour Ribbons). Dan has effectively bought the rights to the software, and employed the author too. This software is due to be merged with the "generation 2" LOR software known as S2, to become S3.

When the software licenses were introduced in one of the versions of S2 a while back, there was a comment that those that had purchased S2 software would probably not need to buy a new license for the upgrades until S3 was released. S3 has other options too, including the ability to run Ethernet networks. There was a thread on it a while ago.

Regards,

Alan.

jimswinder wrote:

caniac wrote:
Just what is SuperStar Software and what is its relevance to LOR.
Curly...

you gotta get out of your cave more often!!! LOL

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/26054.html

http://www.superstarlights.com/
Hey, I'm a newbie!! Don't pick on me because I am pretty!!!

Guest wbottomley

cyberfix wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote
cyberfix wrote:
Paul Roberson wrote:
T110431 wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:
S3 is going well in beta testing. We are pleased with the results. No bugs have been found so far.

Was there a beta version released

I have not gotten one either??

No, Mountainwxman has been privy to help with more of an alpha/beta type build before the wide released beta. :)  I wished I was so lucky!

You too...

Jeff

Okay, that means I was suckered twice.  I just remembered reading something similar in the beta group:
"The new version has some very nice features. I can't say what they are until it's released but you'll like them.

No one will be disappointed for sure."

I will add Mountainwxman to the boy who cried Santa list!  haha

So the wait continues....

Never believe anything I say unless you already know the truth or have researched and found it to be the truth. :D

He's a weather forecaster... does that give you a hint how reliable his words are?

I am starting to think this thread is a ping pong.

I've seen hijacked threads. I've seen threads that bounce off topic and bounce back. This thread has bounced off and back so many times, it has become a ping pong thread.

My offical weather forcast is this thread is it will bounce off topic 3 more times before someone asks what is up with the s3 release.

So does anyone know about the S4 release? I hear it is going to stop the ice over your house so you can run your display in any weather.

KenL_MCSE wrote:

I am starting to think this thread is a ping pong.

I've seen hijacked threads. I've seen threads that bounce off topic and bounce back. This thread has bounced off and back so many times, it has become a ping pong thread.

My offical weather forcast is this thread is it will bounce off topic 3 more times before someone asks what is up with the s3 release.

So does anyone know about the S4 release? I hear it is going to stop the ice over your house so you can run your display in any weather.
The changes originally slated for S4 will be rolled into S-Vista/XP release otherwise known as M7 currently it is code named "Crouching Tiger".

Now that is funny! - true geek humor!

For those of you that are not in the business that
Caniac and I are in - code name "crouching Tiger" is an iside joke.

First bounce....

KenL_MCSE wrote:

First bounce....
and what "business" would that be?

geeky, nerdy software engineers??? :P

jimswinder wrote:

KenL_MCSE wrote:

First bounce....

That is the part that makes it funny on the 'outside'.:P

jimswinder wrote:

KenL_MCSE wrote:

First bounce....

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Guest guest

I'm sorry, I'm awaiting the release of S9, it will have 6 times the power of S3.

Some of S9's features:

Will have an "automatic sequence generator" that will automatically sequence any song you have, in any format and place all lighting effects in the desired channel or tracks and at the correct beat locations.

Multi beats can be done at once in seperate channels or tracks and will work with the "automatic sequence generator" so no more fumbling with doing one track or channel at a time.

Will automatically sequence CCR's, CCF's, CCB's and RBF's. As well as any other RGB or RGBW lighting device.

Will ALLOW any lighting effect, blink, shimmer, fade up, fade down in the automatic sequencer generator.

Will allow you to verbally communicate with the softare to tell it EXACTLY how you want your display elements set up, it also works with defining your channel button text.

Animation window display will now display lights exactly as you would see them, and now allows overlapping colors for those special light strings you create for your dsplays using several strings of single color lights.

Animation window can draw your display by voice commands as well, just tell it what you want and it'll draw it up for you.

Animation window will now allow smooth circle(360 degree view) commands for those Mega Trees and other items that are circular in nature that are in yur displays.

And if you can find the secret word, the new S9 software will spit out a special little helper to completely build your display for you while you're occupied with family, work or other things you need to do. You will have to specify what Holiday or you may get Halloween at Christmas.

Or you can still do it all manually, it'll be your choice.

So what's up with S9?

Yup Geek and Nerdy,
That is the part that makes it funny on the 'outside'.

And as for the S9 release, I was thinking for of a holographic room, kind of like they had on Star Trek Next Generation.

Why not just hold out for S10...

where we will just hand out "virtual glasses" and they can "view" our displays directly from a feed from our computers...

no display set-up
no display take down
no worries about weather
no worries about squirrels chewing SPT2 wire
no worries about winds toppling your mega tree
no worries about neighbors complaining about the noise

and probably not a whole lot of fun...

*sigh*... progress...

Orville wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm awaiting the release of S9, it will have 6 times the power of S3.

Some of S9's features:

Will have an "automatic sequence generator" that will automatically sequence any song you have, in any format and place all lighting effects in the desired channel or tracks and at the correct beat locations.

Multi beats can be done at once in seperate channels or tracks and will work with the "automatic sequence generator" so no more fumbling with doing one track or channel at a time.

Will automatically sequence CCR's, CCF's, CCB's and RBF's. As well as any other RGB or RGBW lighting device.

Will ALLOW any lighting effect, blink, shimmer, fade up, fade down in the automatic sequencer generator.

Will allow you to verbally communicate with the softare to tell it EXACTLY how you want your display elements set up, it also works with defining your channel button text.

Animation window display will now display lights exactly as you would see them, and now allows overlapping colors for those special light strings you create for your dsplays using several strings of single color lights.

Animation window can draw your display by voice commands as well, just tell it what you want and it'll draw it up for you.

Animation window will now allow smooth circle(360 degree view) commands for those Mega Trees and other items that are circular in nature that are in yur displays.

And if you can find the secret word, the new S9 software will spit out a special little helper to completely build your display for you while you're occupied with family, work or other things you need to do. You will have to specify what Holiday or you may get Halloween at Christmas.

Or you can still do it all manually, it'll be your choice.

So what's up with S9?

If you signup now it will include a little "go-bot" that will setup your display for you based on how it is setup in visualizer. In S10 you will also be able to program to change your display setup on the fly (move your lights to different parts of your yard based on the music playing). HOWEVER, it will only run on Windows 13 which will require you to reboot no less than three times during a 30 minute show.

caniac wrote:

HOWEVER, it will only run on Windows 13 which will require you to reboot no less than three times during a 30 minute show.

lol...thank God some things will never change!!!!

jimswinder wrote:

Why not just hold out for S10...

where we will just hand out "virtual glasses" and they can "view" our displays directly from a feed from our computers...

no display set-up
no display take down
no worries about weather
no worries about squirrels chewing SPT2 wire
no worries about winds toppling your mega tree
no worries about neighbors complaining about the noise

and probably not a whole lot of fun...

*sigh*... progress...

S11 will come with a weather dome option that will retract when the weather is nice. Guaranteed to keep your display dry and induce cardiac arrest to vandals.