Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Update?

Robert Burton

Wait! No drop shipping without official inspection and long term testing. Here is St Louis. Testing-r-us inc, Bob Lambiase sole proprietor.

ERROR IN LAST POSTING THE POSTING SAID

Jeff Millard wrote:

Gar,
If you can't figure out where to spend your money... Buy CCRs and have them drop shipped to my house. That way you won't spend it on something that's bad for you...

Jeff

it SHOULD HAVE SAID

Gar,
If you can't figure out where to spend your money... Buy CCRs and have them Overnight shipped to my house. That way you won't spend it on something that's bad for you...

Titus Carnathan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• caniac

• TitusCarnathan

• Denise Brunner

Denise Brunner wrote:

LOR and Dan has been great with me, I love their product and their customer service. I was going to purchase at least 10 more CCR's this year along with the superstar software. I missed the superstar software by only a few hours, in fact paypal took the money out of my account but it was returned by Brian (oh boy was that a tease). If the release of S3 is much later in the season, I will not have the time to redo my entire display as I have planned. I have already added 4 more controllers this year and plan on 4 more. The channel count is high and I am re arranging my entire display so for me time is all important.

Please Dan give us a hint of the progress and planned date???

Denise

I will talk with the programmers next week and come up with a schedule.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Denise Brunner wrote:
LOR and Dan has been great with me, I love their product and their customer service. I was going to purchase at least 10 more CCR's this year along with the superstar software. I missed the superstar software by only a few hours, in fact paypal took the money out of my account but it was returned by Brian (oh boy was that a tease). If the release of S3 is much later in the season, I will not have the time to redo my entire display as I have planned. I have already added 4 more controllers this year and plan on 4 more. The channel count is high and I am re arranging my entire display so for me time is all important.

Please Dan give us a hint of the progress and planned date???

Denise

I will talk with the programmers next week and come up with a schedule.

Dan

3 cheers for Dan!!!! Hip, hip, hoooray!!!
:P

I'm very excited about S3, I feel like I got 10 times my moneys worth out of S2.
Hope to hear soon...:D

Jim Saul wrote:

scubado wrote:
Bump.

Any news yet?

He said bump, but we all know he meant drool :D

Plead
Beg
Cry
Whine
Please? :-)

Dan will likely have to answer these questions (due to NDA's)..

But is the GUI in S3 any different to that of S1 and S2?

Is S3 an continuation of S2 or have some things been rewritten/redesigned?

Is the new animation screen implemented into current S3 beta's?

Have any of the following been addressed in the current beta's? -

• Different play modes when animator is open/closed - e.g. play full sequence when animator open, play current screen view when animator closed.
  • Right click sequence tab menu - option to close selected tab or close all but selected tab.
  • Keyboard shortcut for lowering selected cell range intensity in 10% blocks (Ctrl + Up = +10%; Ctrl + Down = -10%). Should apply to fades as well.
  • Way of setting start and end times of channel fill tool - click in an empty spot would fill as now, click and drag would fill only in the highlighted section (thereby allowing fills from/to 0%.
  • Provide a method for choosing which effect a fill takes - the effect from the cell before (as now) or the effect from the cell after - intensity/twinkle/shimmer.
  • Expand channel name column to a user-set width or automatically fit in long channel names.
  • Will the toolbars be split up into smaller groups so that they can be moved around to suit the end user (currently they are in two groups)?
  • Twinkle/Shimmer speed settings (would need firmware changes I'd gather)

Is there going to be a complete new feature list release as was done for 2.8.x?

Mountainwxman wrote:

S3 is going well in beta testing. We are pleased with the results. No bugs have been found so far.

Was there a beta version released

T110431 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
S3 is going well in beta testing. We are pleased with the results. No bugs have been found so far.

I have not gotten one either??

Paul Roberson wrote:

T110431 wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:

No, Mountainwxman has been privy to help with more of an alpha/beta type build before the wide released beta. :P I wished I was so lucky!

William likes to stir the pot every now and than.
Its also like poking at the fire.

Thomas

Guest wbottomley

TGabriel wrote:

William likes to stir the pot every now and than.
Its also like poking at the fire.

Thomas

Thomas... that has become a tradition I've grown accustom to. lol.

Jeff Millard wrote

cyberfix wrote:
Paul Roberson wrote:
T110431 wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:

No, Mountainwxman has been privy to help with more of an alpha/beta type build before the wide released beta. :P I wished I was so lucky!

You too...

Jeff

Okay, that means I was suckered twice. I just remembered reading something similar in the beta group:
"The new version has some very nice features. I can't say what they are until it's released but you'll like them.

No one will be disappointed for sure."

I will add Mountainwxman to the boy who cried Santa list! haha

So the wait continues....

you guys may know this but for those of us that don't is this a free version to all licensed users or do we have an "upgrade" fee.

caniac wrote:

you guys may know this but for those of us that don't is this a free version to all licensed users or do we have an "upgrade" fee.
I think it depends...

as Dan has mentioned in another thread, since acquiring the SuperStar Software, obtaining that portion of the the software will probably require a "License Fee"...