Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Update?

Robert Burton

I know there is a thread somewhere about this. Curious on several fronts;

1) Features?

2) Cost to upgrade?

3) Time line on when it is going to be available?

With limited funds this year to go towards my Christmas Light addiction, I am wanting to prioritize where those pennies are going to go :D

Robert
Fayetteville, GA

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• caniac

• TitusCarnathan

• Denise Brunner

I don't think S3 is that close yet. I think the next couple upgrades will still be S2.

I remember we all talked about S2 coming out for about two years before we finally got a beta version to try out.

That means I will not be ordering more CCR's this year.... If I can't program them (easliy) .................... I was really looking foward to upgrading to them this year !!!

It makes sense to show S3 in Gatlinburg...It may not quite be ready for release (or maybe it will), but that would be my guess if I were running things...

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

Randy wrote:
It makes sense to show S3 in Gatlinburg...

Yeah, so all seven people who go will get to see it... :cool: 

Jeff

Is that including the coordinators too? :D

I'm trying to include everyone and count them twice so the numbers will look great.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Orville wrote:
S3 release date (a best guess) December 21, 2013.:)

That's just mean spirited... breaking grown men's hearts like that. Next you'll be telling us there isn't a tooth fairy! Harsh man, real harsh!

Jeff

Aww gee, well I guess I'll have to tell you the real date then and make it even worse, that should be April 32nd, 2069. When all the new calendar dates are changed and updated and the months are all longer by 2 to 5 days!:shock::):D

Sorry Jeff, just couldn't resist.

p.s. I'd love to actually see S3 relesed within a few days, so we could all get it and start utilizing it, but we all know that's not going to happen that fast.

Orville wrote:

S3 release date (a best guess) December 21, 2013.:D

We'll never get to see it then, the world is supposed to come to an end in Dec. 2012 :shock:

I would think if S3 it not going to be ready for quite awhile, then they should resume selling the SuperStar Sequence Editor for those who have multiple CCR's or plan on getting them...

Well if nothing come out in future month for software I might start to look difference direction I going with RGB pixel this year i need a good software Come on Dan you need to make big move Fast or Update that go on :D

jimswinder wrote:

I would think if S3 it not going to be ready for quite awhile, then they should resume selling the SuperStar Sequence Editor for those who have multiple CCR's or plan on getting them...

I thought Dan said it would be out this year but i can't find the thread, I'm sure with the acquisition of super star they will have something out soon just for this reason ,we can only hope

Dale J wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I was going to add 12 ccr's to my display this year. I missed buying the SS editor by one week. Now i am wondering if it will be out this year, I have multiple songs done except for the ccr's. I am not going to buy anymore ccr's till the program comes out. Hope it does this year.

I would love to see a new visualizer. Being able to lay in elements without having to draw them out...would be really great. I really love the new RGB features in the newest update. Really helped me with the Rainbow Floods. CCR's, RGB "pixel stuff" and other really cool things in that direction will have to wait this year.

I honestly think a new visualizer will be a big seller for any new upgrade coming soon.

Robert
Fayetteville,GA
http://www.burtonchristmaslights.tk/

Dale J wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I thought Dan said it would be out this year but i can't find the thread, I'm sure with the acquisition of super star they will have something out soon just for this reason ,we can only hope

This is from Dan, posted on http://www.superstarlights.com:

Of course only time will tell, but I believe that incorporation of SuperStar, a new visualizer, new communications options, optimizations for larger sequences, sequence shortcuts that help with large and small displays and a number of other items is making this year’s release of S3 an exciting one.

LOR and Dan has been great with me, I love their product and their customer service. I was going to purchase at least 10 more CCR's this year along with the superstar software. I missed the superstar software by only a few hours, in fact paypal took the money out of my account but it was returned by Brian (oh boy was that a tease). If the release of S3 is much later in the season, I will not have the time to redo my entire display as I have planned. I have already added 4 more controllers this year and plan on 4 more. The channel count is high and I am re arranging my entire display so for me time is all important.

Please Dan give us a hint of the progress and planned date???

Denise

I'm in the same boat as Denise...complete display change with multiple CCR's (and hopefully CCB's)...

was counting on Brian's Software to lessen the "sequencing burden" of multiple CCR's...

Now I don't know if I should go ahead and configure my channels for the multiple CCR's or go back to plan "A" and just use last years LED's...

or do both!!

Only about 212 sequencing days left!!! :P:?

ERROR IN LAST POSTING THE POSTING SAID

Jeff Millard wrote:

Gar,
If you can't figure out where to spend your money... Buy CCRs and have them drop shipped to my house. That way you won't spend it on something that's bad for you...

Jeff

it SHOULD HAVE SAID

Gar,
If you can't figure out where to spend your money... Buy CCRs and have them Overnight shipped to my house. That way you won't spend it on something that's bad for you...

Titus Carnathan