Light-O-Rama Forums

Wrong Colors Turning On

CLD Kevin

So I bought a few CCR's and they been sitting in the boxes. Tonight I ran a sequence test on the first set and it worked great. The second CCR set pixels 6 thru 17 are not turning on the correct colors or no light at all. Then I ran both CCR at the same time, first set is still perfect...same problem with the second. I reverse the unit numbers and also completely changed them to different unit numbers and the problem did not follow. Same color problem with pixels 6 thru 17. When red is supposed to come on...they are green. When blue...they are purple and so on. I reset the controller and it ran the color test...all looks good, but did not fix the problem. I also tested through the Hardware Console, the correct colors does turn on. For some odd reason it doesn't like the data from the sequences. I know its not the sequence cuz it works perfect with the other CCR. Firmware is 1.06. Any suggestions?

Tomorrow I will check the remaining sets.

Kevin

OK...after more testing, I was able to fix the problem, but I don't know why it occurs. Originally, I had the first and second CCR assign to unit 10 & 11. 10 was the problem...11 worked perfect. I reversed the unit numbers and still problem with first CCR. I then I tried changing to unit 12, 13 and 0A. Still same problem. The sequence I’m using already has channels assign to units 1 thru 9 for my other controllers so I couldn't use those.

So I made a completely new sequence and created a CCR Unit 1. I cut and pasted all CCR programming from other sequence and ran it….worked perfect. So why will it work perfect as unit 1…but wont as unit 0A, 10, 11, 12….but my other CCR works perfect on those unit numbers? ?

I tested all units. All but one are no working correctly. The one unit I have no problem works on any unit number I assign. The rest works perfect, but only as the default unit...unit 1. If I assign it unit 2, 5, 9, 0A, 10, 14, ect...wrong colors will appear or some of the pixels will not turn on at all. I double and triple checked to make sure all were config correctly. Am at a loss. Did I get a bad batch or I'm I missing something?

Same thing happened to mine.....Plug in just that unit to the RJ45....Unplug the power adapter...Hold the reset button while you power back up...The lights will blink a few times and you should be OK.

Ron Amedee wrote:

Same thing happened to mine.....Plug in just that unit to the RJ45....Unplug the power adapter...Hold the reset button while you power back up...The lights will blink a few times and you should be OK.

Now it works:)

I did hold the reset button before, but maybe not long enough? I held it for a about 5 secs and let it run through the color patters and now its working on any unit number I assign.

Thanks

BTW, Anyone notice when if you fade using a mixed color, specifically half of one of the colors (ex. Orange - 100% red & 50% green), you will notice the orange will fade to red about half way instead of fading all Orange. Its really noticeable when you use a short fade several times in a row. The red kinda pops out between the fades. But using 100% of two different colors doesn’t show. Doesn’t show up on the visualizer…only on the actual CCR.

Almost always such problems (not necessarily this one) are caused by the CCR Controller' Unit ID Mode being in Legacy Mode. A CCR always reacts to extended addresses (addresses above 16) Thus when in Legacy Mode, a controller will sort of look like it is working in Normal mode. That is, it will work on addresses beyond 16.

For example in Legacy Mode if you have the Unit ID set to 01 then (some what unexpectedly) Address 01.17 will work just as it does in Normal Mode. . However in Legacy Mode 01.17 is the same as 02.01 because the unit is reacting to multiple unit IDs and extended addresses. Thus a Unit in Legacy Mode can appear to operate perfectly, as if it is in Normal Mode, as long as none of the Unit IDs directly above it are being used. Then when you start using a unit address above it things get confused.

Dan

• The topic was locked