Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing For Future CCB's

jimswinder

I am wanting to get a head start on sequencing for my future purchase of the LOR CCB's...

Would I be wasting my time if I used the current CCR's as a substitution when setting up my Channel Configuration and then just swap them out if and when the CCB's come out with the new software that will support them?

Won't the CCB's be pretty much the same as the current CCR product in terms of a RGB device setup and how they look in the sequence editor?

Inquiring minds NEED to know as there are only 233 days till the "lights go on"!! :)

RGB is RGB!!! I say practice on the CCR's there is minimal if ANY difference. The only thing i see different is 3 LED's under a molded cover.! Just wondering where are the IC chips for control...Must be in the bases of each Pixel.

But will they act as two 50 RGB channel units or a single 100 RGB channel unit. Dan had mentioned that there could be two 50 bulb strings connected to one controller... I think.

BrownOut wrote:

But will they act as two 50 RGB channel units or a single 100 RGB channel unit. Dan had mentioned that there could be two 50 bulb strings connected to one controller... I think.

I guess what I want to know is will I be able to copy and paste the events created from the CCR into a sequence with the CCB's without any worries?

The basic's are the same..I am ordering extra "replacement" ribbons..Add alittle more power and have 32'8" of ribbon utilizing one controller.

You can wait till the summer sale and struggle the learning curve right before display time...

Everyone has their own way to do things...I just want to steal the best ones !!!

Its all about FUN not struggle!!!

jimswinder wrote:

BrownOut wrote:

I guess what I want to know is will I be able to copy and paste the events created from the CCR into a sequence with the CCB's without any worries?
I have the same question... can't wait to see the final details. Sounds like they will be posted mid month from what Dan has said.

There may be a difference the in number of controller channels. For sure the Cosmic manual says they will have the same macro commands. Dans most recent post says the 'double' with have 100 continuous channels. For creating the config I would wait for the 100 channels. However...since you dont have it yet. You can use 50 twice and start programming.

When S3 is released you can create a config and copy paste the sequence into the new channels.

A 50 bulb CCB looks exactly like a (50-pixel) CCR from the sequencing/macro control perspective. When the CCB controller has two 50-bulb strings on it it looks like two CCRs. This was done to make sequences work for either device in any configuration.

We will be incorporating a 'flip' option in the CCB and then the CCR controllers. This reverses the order of the pixels so instead of the pixel nearest the controller being #1, it would be #50.

You can, of course, simply configure a 100-bulb CCB set in the Sequence Editor as 100 contiguous RGB pixels and sequence it as such. You could do the same with two CCRs.

Thanks John!!!!!

I guess I now have no more excuses not to start sequencing!!! :D

LightORamaJohn wrote:

A 50 bulb CCB looks exactly like a (50-pixel) CCR from the sequencing/macro control perspective. When the CCB controller has two 50-bulb strings on it it looks like two CCRs. This was done to make sequences work for either device in any configuration.

We will be incorporating a 'flip' option in the CCB and then the CCR controllers. This reverses the order of the pixels so instead of the pixel nearest the controller being #1, it would be #50.

You can, of course, simply configure a 100-bulb CCB set in the Sequence Editor as 100 contiguous RGB pixels and sequence it as such. You could do the same with two CCRs.

Thanks John for the info. This clears up my confusion on the 50 vs 100 channels for a macro. SUPER GREAT to hear the ends will be flippable. This has caused me a lot of setup issues with multiple CCRs where the controllers are in the middle but I want the two arches to move the same direction and use the same macro. :D

• 2 months later...

Jeff Millard wrote:

LightORamaJohn wrote:

I can't wait for this feature. I'll be setting 3 controllers up in a single case with 3 ribbons split into 6 8' arches. A flip feature would make setting un the first CCR (which will be going the wrong way) easy as pie.

Jeff

Jeff, are you sure it's not the other 2 that are going in the wrong direction? :D

Greg

• The topic was locked