Light-O-Rama Forums

Contest Time - Announcement

Guest Guest

jstorms wrote:

scubado wrote:
John, I was just checking out your videos,  Very well done!  I'm curious what brand of lights you were using?  Too intense to be from Walmart.  I'm assuming they are full wave too?

Lights are from whoever has them on sale: Multicolor strands from Costco, trees and snowflake markers from Walmart, nets from Lowe's, Wreaths from Garden Ridge, deer also from Walmart.

2010 I found the big sales at Target, Home Depot, Walgreens, and our local grocery chain HEB.

They seem brighter than other videos, I figured they were CDI's fullwave lights or similar. Maybe it's your camera settings, anyway, it looks great.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miaskiewicz christian

• marquisite

• Surfing4Dough

• jstorms

Mountainwxman a écrit:

One would have never thought they won the contest.

Congratulations and enjoy your prize and congrats to the others as well.

http://www.lightorama.com/Videos2010.html

Sorry but when I click on the link there is only a blank page... I can see no winner. :-(

Am I the only one ?

All I can see is :

LogoMaster300.png Video submissions from 2010 Placeholder

evan.a wrote:

crackchecker

has to be the best sig I 've seen, might have to make tee shirt for the mini.

You might want to check out this old thread where some of this was discussed (seems to me it also happened over on PC too--haven't been there in a while though).

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum25/21610-1.html

Below was something I designed at that time.
4403758520_5a9eaf0bcb_z.jpg?zz=1

Check out both pages of files here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/surfing4dough/sets/72157623029969897/detail/

Surfing4Dough wrote:

evan.a wrote:
crackchecker

has to be the best sig I 've seen, might have to make tee shirt for the mini.

You might want to check out this old thread where some of this was discussed (seems to me it also happened over on PC too--haven't been there in a while though).

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum25/21610-1.html

Below was something I designed at that time.
4403758520_5a9eaf0bcb_z.jpg?zz=1

Check out both pages of files here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/surfing4dough/sets/72157623029969897/detail/

I'll take credit for work I didn't do any o'l time... But yah, I didn't come up with it.

So do we know why there has been no winner announcements yet?

Is it that there's a draw for the grand prize? Many more entries to this year competition compared with the last (especially with being able to enter using a form on the LOR site now)? Problem with the form not saving the details properly?

Not that I'm one to be impatient but I would hate for there to be problems with this year's entries :P.

Can only hope the winners will be annonced as an Easter surprise - after all Easter is later this year? :P

marquisite wrote:

So do we know why there has been no winner announcements yet?

Dan had announced that they had a drive go down with no backup so they were starting the reviewing process again.

Moral of the story - BACK UP!
Remember Jesus saves and you should too!

Dan posted that they had a hardward failure and lost all the video files. He said they were all safe on backup and would be recovered but they had to watch them all and judge them still. He said it would be a couple weeks.....which it has now been.

Oh ok, thanks. I did read through the thread but must have missed Dan's post.

Too bad that the video files were the victim of a hard drive failure. Some of my old sequences were victim to my own HDD failure a season or two ago but thankfully I had a backup handy and the event wasn't during show time :)

So I'm guessing shortly after Easter is when we may see the results..?

And the winners are...

Donald DUCK :

- the 13th thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me :
hardware failure !

Attached files 243286=13244-Christmas-Lights-Donald-Duck.jpg

cenote wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
And the winner is....

All of you...:D

a light-o-rama user...

Mountainwxman wrote:

And the winner is....

Just wait a minute the enveloppe being opened...

That envelope must have been super-glued shut..

It requires the upmost precision to avoid ripping the important names inside. :D

All the suspense is killing me! Enough already!!! I don't think my static has a chance of winning, but... I would like to see the best of the best. Maybe even a few ideas might spawn from them.