Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR help

Guest guest

Hi, I haven't checked my regular email this weekend so no replies...

You do not have communication with the board. First thing to do is reset the controller to make sure it does not have something scrabmbled in it.

To do so: Power off. Set unit ID to "00", power on for 5 seconds... Then power it off and set the unit ID back to "01".

This was working before so you did have the configuration setup and working. We can verify that the USB is working but checking in the Hardware Utility that a new comm port appears when you plug the USB device in.

If you see this new comm port and select it AND the led on the LOR keeps blinking then something is broken. We have an email and will check it on Monday morning. If necessary we will send you what every is necessary to get you up and running.

I think first thing I would do is verify thet the Cat5E cable has good continuity, second try pluging it in to the second ethernet connection on the board, I have a board that has a bad connector (I ended up just putting that controller at the end of my string of controllers and it works fine, just hope I don't have another one break).

Bill

thanks, This is my only controller so i cant do that.

i already have reset the controller many times. Umm, maby i shoud speak with someone over the phone?

i wont be able to do that till thursday, because I have drama crew till 10 all week.