Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR help

Guest guest

I sent this message to dan , and i was posting this because it might help out other people with this problem.

hello,

past june I ordered a 16 channel light bord with the kit. I did a fourth of july show, to test out my sequencing skills. The show went very well, and now im taking out my lor out to test it before christmas, and it isn't working. I hooked up my bord to the usb adapter. then to the computer but the computer doenst reconize the bord. thanks for any help.

regards
nick

BTW: the light keeps flashing on the board

If it is connected, but nothing is activated, It's not going to do anything. Connect it atOpen the hardware utility and in the top righthand corner it says "Max __240__ units" Change that 240 to 10 or so, then click refresh. It will search for a controller.

oh, and BTW,
Make sure the COMM port is right...

did it all, the show runs, which means that the usb adapter works, but the bord light wont stop blinking,or run the show. i went to the had ware utility, but whne it says to look for the com port, it says that there isn't a bord connected, whne i already conected it

Sounds like you're not getting a signal from the cable... I'd change out the network/phone cable running to your director controller... Doesn't sound like it's getting any juice...

Also, I have the USB Adapter, you want to make sure that the cable is seated very well... Mine popped out a couple times, and I was lost...

ndiaz wrote:

the show runs, wont stop blinking,or run the show.

So, does the show run or not? Not the animation show on the computer. The show out of the controllers. In the above sentence, you said the show runs but won't run the show. So which is it? If the actual show out of the controller didn't run then you don't know if the USB adapter is working or not.

Did you go to Hardware Utility and click on the "Auto Configure" button to find the comm port to your controllers?

Tom

sorry, what i ment to say was that the show was told to run, and i heard the music, but the cotroller wouldn't controll the lights.

EAB: I tried that last night. i even hooked up the internet cords to try them, but it wont work. tonight after church, i will see if its loose

yea, i tried all my sequences.

but when i go into the hardware utility, it says that it cannot find controllers. so i wnt to the com port section, and it couln't find it on their either.

Well I talked with Nick,

He ran a show back on 4th of July and everything ran fine. He's using the same computer with the same connections and just replugged everything up again yesterday. We went over the channel config stuff, the connection stuff and what ever else we could think of. I finally told him to make sure everything was backed-up and un-install and re-install LOR and see what happens. But he also mentioned a situation with his USB adaptor/cables. The sequence was running last night with music but nothing to the controllers. He unplugged the cat5 cable from the USB adaptor to the controller, no change. Then he unplugged the USB adaptor and the music stopped playing (I think I explained this all right). He plugged it back in and the music was able to play again. So it might be a USB adaptor (it is an "LOR" USB adaptor by the way) or the cable. We will see.....

Tom

I didn't see this question anywhere....are you plugged into the correct cat5 connector on the board? My boards all have 2 cat5 ports (and one phone port) that all connect to something different.