Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
paulanator

Flip Horizontal Vertical and Mirror Features

Recommended Posts

Thanks BobO

Looking at getting two CCF's when they come out.
Still don't know if they will be set up RGB or will they be added to S3 in the "pick" box.

Guess I have a new mission this weekend!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad to see this! I asked about this back in 2009. And was told there was nothing. I cannot wait until the official release!

Thanks

Bob!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks testers!
Please pick up version 0.9.4 which corrects a RGB sort problem.

Not addressed yet
Found that very large flips are taking a long time but give accurate results.


Flipping 25 RGB to a square which output 4 times the events took under a second.
Input that result (50 rgb) and it took 30 seconds.
Input that result (100 rgb) and it took 35 minutues! A huge block to flip for sure but I will see what is wrong.
Didnt try to input that but it could take more than a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This error is popping up in SE right? Before you have used ClipboardFlipper. Are you seeing this dialog when you click save clipboard?

SESaveCBDialog.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In your LOR folder is a program called LORpost.exe
Try running that to set up your folders including your clipboard folder.

If you know how to use REGEDIT, you can look here to find if your clipboard folder is set up.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaShared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Found that very large flips are taking a long time but give accurate results.

Flipping 25 RGB to a square which output 4 times the events took under a second.
Input that result (50 rgb) and it took 30 seconds.
Input that result (100 rgb) and it took 35 minutues! A huge block to flip for sure but I will see what is wrong.
Didnt try to input that but it could take more than a day.


Found the snag that was slowing it down. A much larger flip with over 130k events and larger than many complete sequences was done in 30 seconds. Version 0.9.5 has been uploaded with this fix.

Very close to first release. I am now opening up testing to anyone who asks via PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ItsMeBobO wrote:

In your LOR folder is a program called LORpost.exe
Try running that to set up your folders including your clipboard folder.

If you know how to use REGEDIT, you can look here to find if your clipboard folder is set up.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaShared

Want a good laugh! I did the LORpost.eve, and it installed what it had too. Than I did the check on the reg files. And found the clipboard file.

I checked the LOR directory, and saw the new folders. Visualizations & Clipboards! lol, and they were the folders that I did not know what they were for, and deleted when I installed LOR on my new Laptop! lol, I'm such a dumb-ass!

Well now that I know what the clipboard folder is for, whats the Visualizations folder for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:
In your LOR folder is a program called LORpost.exe
Try running that to set up your folders including your clipboard folder.

If you know how to use REGEDIT, you can look here to find if your clipboard folder is set up.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaShared

Want a good laugh! I did the LORpost.eve, and it installed what it had too. Than I did the check on the reg files. And found the clipboard file.

I checked the LOR directory, and saw the new folders. Visualizations & Clipboards! lol, and they were the folders that I did not know what they were for, and deleted when I installed LOR on my new Laptop! lol, I'm such a dumb-ass!

Well now that I know what the clipboard folder is for, whats the Visualizations folder for?


Now I'm not saying this is what the folder is definitely for, but taking a wild guess here on the Visualization folder, I think it may be used for the Holiday Lights Designer software, which is a seperate program that you can purchase and interfaces with the LOR Sequencer. The program is supposed to allow for better visuals of the "animation window" with better looking graphics and such.

Now I may be incorrect, so hopefully, if I am and someone does know something different, they'll inform us of what the Visualization folder is for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BobO,

Working great, played with it all night, and no problems found so far. I like the extra little options, very helpful.

The only problem I thought, was user error :)

Thanks,

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

paulanator wrote:

BobO,
Working great, played with it all night, and no problems found so far. I like the extra little options, very helpful,


Thanks Paul and everyone. No problems reported with the beta release for a week now. I am ready to announce release v1.0 on a new thread. Just need to get a download page ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ItsMeBobO wrote:

I am ready to announce release v1.0 on a new thread. Just need to get a download page ready.

and before you know it, Dan will be announcing he has bought the rights to your software program and you will be working at LOR!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey BobO,
I had not downloaded the final version yet, was in the middle of sequencing, needed the flipper bad, went to use it, and the beta expired....

It worked earlier tonight, but it is now 1:30 am.. so my software turned into a pumpkin!!!

Of course I went to your link and got the new version, like I should have already done.

Thanks again, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but you have saved me a ton of time, and I am sure the others too!!!

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey BobO,
would it be a pain in the butt (I Know I am... lol) to put a minimize button on the flipper window in your next release?

It would be really handy.

Thanks,
Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

paulanator wrote:

put a minimize button on the flipper window in your next release?Paul


Sure. Somehow I didn't notice the min button was missing. Just noticed there is no icon too. Doh. Later today maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I know this post is SUPER old, but it's the only one I came across that addresses what I'm trying to do. Is there a flipping function native to the LOR software yet? If not, are there any workarounds for flipping complex sequencing as mentioned above?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! Is there, by chance, another place to view the flipper video (I'm assuming it's an instructional video). I've tried opening it on both a mac and a PC and it freezes both. I actually lost 3 hours of sequencing last night because it froze my PC (I'm such an idiot, I know...that'll teach me not to save as I go). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, the flipping program is AMAZING! It's so useful and simple. Thank you so much for making this free.

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×