Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Don Krasley

Our Display/Videos

I uploaded some videos to Vimeo but then I was too busy to post a message.
Please check them out, here's my favorite and actually a new song for 2011 that I got done early!

Hope you enjoy!

Guest guest

Don Krasley wrote:

I uploaded some videos to Vimeo but then I was too busy to post a message.
Please check them out, here's my favorite and actually a new song for 2011 that I got done early!
http://vimeo.com/19154406

Hope you enjoy!

That was TOTALLY AWESOME! (1812 Overture) Loved it!

fantastic

checked out your older videos, and i like the new look

Thanks, but you know it looks so much better here!
I do appreciate the comments. It means a lot to hear you guys say kind words about my display. You know people come by and see the stuff and usually they have no idea what it takes to do this stuff. To get such kind comments form other CrAzY people is great!
Thanks again!

Thanks Melvin! To be honest, I amaze myself sometimes too. When it all comes together I feel like a little kid!

WOW!!! That is a great layout Don!!!

Man..wish I had a lot of space like that!!! LOL

What's next? Arches all the way around the circle!!!

Man, you guys sure know how to make a guy feel good!
If you saw me outside the other July working on this layout, you would have said I was nuts! Maybe thats why our new neighbors look at us funny. They were moving in when I was working on it!
I'm not adding a whole lot this year. Money is tight and I was off work for 5 months. I did buy more controllers last week but that will give all 128 strings on the mega tree a circuit and I will have another 4 controllers closer to some of the stuff so I don't need all the cords!
Did I mention I used 2.38 miles of cords this year?

Attached files 240896=13091-190936_1659066120803_1361664251_31607288_176461_o.jpg

Don Krasley wrote

Did I mention I used 2.38 miles of cords this year?

Have you heard of this new product?

it's called SPT 2!!! LOL

That's a pile of cords!!!

Well, as I grow, I have used some SPT wire but as an electrician I know the nuisance trips on the GFCI's are less using a quality cord. I had NO trips last year on pre-made cords. All my trips were from circuits using SPT cords. I won't say it won't happen but when they run across the ground pretty far or on the roof, I won't use the SPT as much.
Have you heard, the one who dies with the best/most cords wins? LOL!

Don Krasley wrote:

All my trips were from circuits using SPT cords. I won't say it won't happen but when they run across the ground pretty far or on the roof, I won't use the SPT as much.

Have you heard, the one who dies with the best/most cords wins? LOL!

I use SPT2 exclusively...so I guess I will be the first to die!!!! lol :P

Well, I won't say your crazy but to each their own. I buy a cord or 5 every time I go to lowes! It's expensive but not much more than zip cord and ends and you nevere know when you may be asked to run a line to the end of the street! :P

Very cool display, very well done. Take a bow, you deserve it!

As with everyone else, I loved it!!!!

Gave me goosebumps...

Dan C wrote:

As with everyone else, I loved it!!!!

Gave me goosebumps...

Thanks everyone! And Dan, I'm with you, it gives me goose bumps too! I love to see patriotic songs sequenced and in a display. I have some other patriotic songs I plan to sequence for this year too.
*bows*
Thanks again!

WOW! You guys are awesome! I have almost 100 hits to this video since I posted it here! I appreciate all the hits, comments and help everyone provided me here. I would not be here with this video if everyone had kept the bar low. But you guys raised the bar and I tried to do my part put forth the extra effort to make something great for all the children of the world to see. I love this hobby so much!
I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and this hobby has provided me with the vessel I needed to distract me from the habit and move on to something worthy of the time I spent smoking. April 1st is 23 months smoke free and later in April I will celebrate my 49th birthday and the day I started to take the prescription drug Chantix, that helped me separate myself from smoking.
The lights in this video were all purchased with the money I DIDN'T spend on cigarettes for 1 year! I purchased over 40000 lights from NOT smoking funds! If this was church, this would be my testimony to Light-O-Rama and how it changed my life!
Now when I want to smoke, I smoke in lights!
Thanks again everyone!
Don Krasley

Way to go Don! That's wonderful. Keep sequencing---it's a much better habit!

Thanks! and unless I'm stupid (and I am) I won't get shocked and die from it. Smoking kills!