Light-O-Rama Forums

remove CCR from sequence

ainsworth

Is there a way to delete a CCR controller from a sequence. I have tried using the channel property grid, but when I ask to delete a CCR controller I get a message "Component channels cannot be removed from RGB channels".

Seems strange because if I right click on one of the channels in the sequence editor I can in fact delete it.

Thanks for the help

Bruce

I think you just found a MAJOR GLITCH in the S2 2.9.4 Software.

I just added an CCR to see what issue you were having and here is what I found out:

Added CCR, which added a LOR Controller and assigned it unit ID 01 automatically (i would think it would have selected ID 04, since I already have 3 LOR CTB16PC controllers installed (not any CCR types) or at least allow me to select which ID I wanted. This does appear to conflict with an existing controller with the same ID #. But since I don't have a CCR, not really sure how their controller ID works in conjunction with other LOR controllers like the CTB16PC.

Went to the Tools property grid to try and remove it. Nope, can't do it.

In the property grid, you CAN NOT remove any of the CCR channels either! They just stay put.

So I tried changing the ID to an ID not currently in use, ID 05 on all 50 channels, still got teh same message you got, can't remove the controller.

There is a work around, and it is a pain in the butt, but here's how to remove the CCR Controller

Go back to the main sequencer screen, right click on a channel, select delete RGB Channel, click Yes or hit "Y" key on keyboard (I would click remove RGB Channel abnd then with my other hand, hit Y to delete mthe channel.

Once all 50 channels are deleted, now go to tools and go back to Channel Proiperty Grid, you should see one box with CCR Controller (or similar) in a box,m you can now clcik on the RED X beside it and the controller will be removed.

LOR needs to make deleting channels a lot easier than this, should be able to select multiple channels and delete them all at ones, instead of one at a time.

Also need to fix the Channel Property Grid for the CCR channels, as you can not delete any of them in there. They do not delete, tried everything I know and they just stayed put in the property grid.

This is with version 2.9.4 of the S2 Sequencer software.

Yes, like stated, it's a pain, but its the only way currently to remove a CCR controller from the S2 software that I could find.

The add device panel does let you select the unit ID.

AddDevice.jpg

On the channel property grid you can only delete actual channels which have a unit and circuit. The RBG 'channel' is a composite of three actual channels having no assigned circuit.

ItsMeBobo, does the CCR Controller interfere with any other controlelr with the same ID #?

That's something I'd be very interested to know about.

If I have a CTB16PC as Unit ID 01, then add a CCR controoler and it also puts it as Unit ID 01, wouldn't there be a conflict here and the CTB16PC would try and light anything in the RGB channels or vice versa?

Before I start messing with (or buying) CCR's or CCB's I want more info on how these controller types get along with each other, especially if they are also being ID'd the same number that an existing LOR CTB16PC or other controller that IS NOT a CCR/CCB controller.

If you assign any unit/circuit combination to more than one channel you will see crazy stuff. Both 'channels' (lines in SE) will send commands to the actual device with that unit/circuit. So you are never really sure why things go off when there is no off where you are looking, its the other line is SE with wrong assignment that is turning the circuit off. All the LOR devices play nice with each other and must have unique ids. Proper id assignment is up to you to get right.

I hope that you are able to get a CCR/B string to play with as they are really fantastic. The two seasons I used them have been my best shows I am very happy with them. After you get one and work with it you may find the software is sufficient to do all needed tasks and is getting better.

Orville wrote:

ItsMeBobo, does the CCR Controller interfere with any other controlelr with the same ID #? 

That's something I'd be very interested to know about.

If I have a CTB16PC as Unit ID 01, then add a CCR controoler and it also puts it as Unit ID 01, wouldn't there be a conflict here and the CTB16PC would try and light anything in the RGB channels or vice versa?

Before I start messing with (or buying) CCR's or CCB's I want more info on how these controller types get along with each other, especially if they are also being ID'd the same number that an existing LOR CTB16PC or other controller that IS NOT a CCR/CCB controller.

Orville wrote:

Before I start messing with (or buying) CCR's or CCB's I want more info on how these controller types get along with each other...

There's no difference in CCRs or any other controller in that each controller in the network has to have a different unit ID number. All controllers, including CCRs, come set by default as unit #1.

Thanks folks. I thought that may be the case, but NOT having an actual controller for a CCR, since I don't even have a CCR (yet), I would have figured it would default in the software to 0 since no controller was physically there.

Also since there were other controllers ID'd as 01-03, I would hope the sequence editor would have been smart enough to know this and make the next controller in line as ID #04, it does this with the CTB16PC controllers, why doesn't it work the same with the CCR controllers?

Even if I don't have my CTB16PC's connected, when I add in a controller after those that had, or have been installed, the sequencer automagically sets the next controller as the following number in sequence, have Unit Id 01, 02, 03, the next CTB16PC I add goes to ID 04.

Just wondering why it DOES NOT work like this with the CCR option when added. Seems a royal pain in the butt to have to go through and manually change all 50 channels to another ID number, and I'm guessing if one uses macros, has to do this 157 times?

Making me rethink this whole CCR/CCB thing, as that is by far way too much extra work that SHOULD NOT be needed or required!

Orville wrote:

Thanks folks. I thought that may be the case, but NOT having an actual controller for a CCR, since I don't even have a CCR (yet), I would have figured it would default in the software to 0 since no controller was physically there.

Also since there were other controllers ID'd as 01-03, I would hope the sequence editor would have been smart enough to know this and make the next controller in line as ID #04, it does this with the CTB16PC controllers, why doesn't it work the same with the CCR controllers?

Even if I don't have my CTB16PC's connected, when I add in a controller after those that had, or have been installed, the sequencer automagically sets the next controller as the following number in sequence, have Unit Id 01, 02, 03, the next CTB16PC I add goes to ID 04.

Just wondering why it DOES NOT work like this with the CCR option when added. Seems a royal pain in the butt to have to go through and manually change all 50 channels to another ID number, and I'm guessing if one uses macros, has to do this 157 times?

Making me rethink this whole CCR/CCB thing, as that is by far way too much extra work that SHOULD NOT be needed or required!

You must have a special version of the software. When I "Insert Device Below" it always defaults to Unit ID 01. I simply use the arrow to change it to the correct unit ID.

If I go to the Channel Property Grid and add a new controller it still defaults to Unit ID 01, and I simply chose the Unit ID for that device.

Adding a CCR controller to the sequence is no different, nor more difficult than any other controller.

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:

You must have a special version of the software. When I "Insert Device Below" it always defaults to Unit ID 01. I simply use the arrow to change it to the correct unit ID.

If I go to the Channel Property Grid and add a new controller it still defaults to Unit ID 01, and I simply chose the Unit ID for that device.

Adding a CCR controller to the sequence is no different, nor more difficult than any other controller.

Sorry, I was wrong on that one. My error, I was thinking of the Hardware utility apparently when you do a "refresh" to find your controllers.

The sequencer does require you to enter the next controller ID number in you're using. And doesn't do it automagically like I had thought. Had to double check that after reading your response Don.

Although that would be a very nice feature to incorporate into the sequencer.

Again, my apologies, I royally boo-booed on this one!

He doesn't have a device George. Orville is not talking about the device set to unit one. I am so confused by the switched pronouns used for LOR or the poster. The panel I posted shows that the user has full control to select the unit to use when adding a device and its not the software choosing incorrectly.

It would be improper to presume a next sequential number as the unit the user wants to create. My config has all kinds of unit gaps in it. The iDMX is F0 and the CCRs start at 20. The DIO in another place with all the regular ones starting at 1. I prefer a gap after the DIO for when another comes along.

I am dropping out of this thread.

• 4 years later...

Was there ever a resolution on how to removed a device without manually removing the individual channels?  I'm in 4.2.6 and still getting this error.  How do I remove a device and its associated channels without doing so to each channel individually?

This is a trip on the way back machine.   

You should be able to delete channels in a few clicks.  Your CCR should have a group.  If not create one.  When closed left click and select remove channel group. 

• Like 1

That seems to have worked.  So I guess this is a bug in the software that has persisted since 2.9.4!

Simple solution, but different technique than adding/removing other devices!

Thanks for your help!

Josh

• The topic was locked