Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sasmuse

LOR Spring Sale .... disappointment

So aside from using a CC on the LOR web site or using Paypal, What else is there?

crackchecker wrote:

So aside from using a CC on the LOR web site or using Paypal, What else is there?

That is all that we accept online. You can pay by check/money/PO, etc.. but need to call us to do that.

We accept: Visa/MC/Amex/Diners/Discover/PayPal

Dan

I spent $403.00 on my starter package with a MC Debit card.

Plan on a CCR or Two in a few weeks..Why wait soo long to save $100.00 when i can be practicing squences till thanksgiving

The problem with most debit card transactions is you don't get the same consumer protection you get with a credit card purchase. But, it is all beside the point now. Hopefully I won't have the same issue in the summer if I decide to try CCR's. Thanks for all the input from everyone.

Ron Amedee wrote:

I spent $403.00 on my starter package with a MC Debit card.

Plan on a CCR or Two in a few weeks..Why wait soo long to save $100.00 when i can be practicing squences till thanksgiving

Because in the summer sale (If they do it again) you could win your purchase for free!!

I am a medium volume PayPal user, and it can be hit or miss I found. At times, it seems like there is no lag time, others can lag for 30 seconds to a minute for log-in process. Something I found out, seems like if you log in to your account before hand, and leave it open, when your buying something online, it goes a lot faster. Used PayPal last night, and was in and out in about a minute and thirty.

Dan, thanks again, and maybe now since we have the sale over, we can get a release time for S3.... :D

cenote wrote:

Dan, thanks again, and maybe now since we have the sale over, we can get a release time for S3.... :P

Nooooo...release time for the CCB's and the new Superstar Sequence Editor for the CCB's!!!!

Then the new visualizer!!! :D

LightORamaDan wrote:

We would rather not take PayPal at all. It is significantly more expensive for us vs. Credit Cards.

Dan

That's good to know, I will make my summer purchase via credit card.

I was fortunate that LOR (Dan) gave me a sale price after I checked out. What a customer service.... I understand all the frustration. I was ready to wait for the summer sale. My suggestion for LOR is maybe they can do it like Creative Display does- allow buyers to lock in to the sale price with deposit. Just a thought. Again thank you LOR.

Gee whiz guys. To the whiners, grow up! Dan tried to make everyone aware that there was going to be a limited amount of certain items. Hell I like to buy the CBT16PC kit that requires soldering, but without a high power heat sink. All available this year is the one with the high power heat sink. Which cost more than the regular priced one I want.

But you dont see me and many others getting all worked up. Please quit pissing in LOR's wheaties.

I was not able to get any CCR either. Not the end of the world. The customer service from Dan and the gang is second to none. It was a clearance reduction sale. If they are out Oh well. Just order what you need during the Summer sale. Most companies would not evan offer the new items as sale items, They would be charging full rate for the good stuff. Dan and LOR rocks. They are so customer minded it is ridiculous.
Dan keep up the good work.
Thanks for everything you guys do for us addicts.
Don C.

Max-Paul wrote:

Gee whiz guys. To the whiners, grow up! Dan tried to make everyone aware that there was going to be a limited amount of certain items. Hell I like to buy the CBT16PC kit that requires soldering, but without a high power heat sink. All available this year is the one with the high power heat sink. Which cost more than the regular priced one I want.

But you dont see me and many others getting all worked up. Please quit pissing in LOR's wheaties.

Max that is the best comment on every sale, Next to William and you's...

I gave out some secrets about grab and run. didnt know if it helped. but summer sale will be soon.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

And it isnt You's.. it's Yuns!!! (west PA)
I was told if you go a bit further east like WV. My FIL told me that they say "Your'ns". Pronounced "urines". And in southern MO and further south it's "you all".

Can I ask .....

When will the order start going out ?!

Do we get a confirmation when they do ?

Just want to keep an eye out for the package !!

Dave

Guest wbottomley

RaceMedic wrote:

Can I ask .....

Dave

You can check the status of your order through the confirmation email.

texascop wrote:

I had my order in and on the Paypal site in less than 25 seconds and got a "does not accept funding source" message. It would have been nice to know that in advance. After that, it was too late. I can accept sold out.

I will second that. My primary method of payment is to use my checking account. I had to waste time setting up a credit card in order to even get the order to go through. Was not at all happy about that. Luckily, I managed to get what I wanted.

0-Gary-

Mountainwxman wrote:

RaceMedic wrote:
Can I ask .....

Dave

You can check the status of your order through the confirmation email.

Thank-you !

I was not aware of that !

Dave

Max-Paul wrote:

Please quit pissing in LOR's wheaties.

Ahhhh..no WONDER Dan is a champion!!! :D

my 2 cents, I prefer paypal for all my online transactions. I never have a problem and i didnt last night. I have 2 sources of payment set up in my paypal account, 1st is direct bank draft and a backup is a credit card. That way if paypal cant talk to my bank it reverts to the credit card with out having to ask me.

I dont really like giving any merchant my credit card ( although with LOR I have a few years of trust so it wouldnt be an issue) Discover has a nice feature where I can have them assign a one time use account number to my transaction, that way if someone snags that account number, it is dead after the first transaction i made.

I am really sorry about those who has trouble with paypal last night, just wanted to give my opinion and experiences.

Also I received a message today that my stuff has already been shipped... WOW

Guest guest

Max-Paul wrote:

TJ Hvasta wrote:
I was told if you go a bit further east like WV. My FIL told me that they say "Your'ns". Pronounced "urines". And in southern MO and further south it's "you all".

Not quite right with the "you all", it's actually, Ya'll {pronounced "yawl"}. 'specially down heerya in Flur-ee-da. ROFL

Think yourselves lucky here in New Zealand we don't get a look in:X

redsea300 wrote:

Dan and LOR rocks. They are so customer minded it is ridiculous.
Dan keep up the good work.
Thanks for everything you guys do for us addicts.
Don C.

Had a problem last year with a board and e-mailed Dan on a Sunday morning early and wasn't expecting to hear anything till Monday.....Dan had replied seraval times and we had a fix before noon on Sunday!!!! AWESUME!!! Lor is #1 and will always be controlling my lights! Thanks again Dan for the fantastic products and customer service!

John

Max-Paul wrote:

I have to agree Max, Lets just keep complaining enough and get Dan pissed, then maybe he will not do the sale again!!!!! I got nothing this year, but the summer sale is coming, so give it a break.

Orville wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
TJ Hvasta wrote:

Not quite right with the "you all", it's actually, Ya'll {pronounced "yawl"}. 'specially down heerya in Flur-ee-da. ROFL

And th' plural is "all'ya'll"

Guest guest

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Orville wrote:
Max-Paul wrote:
TJ Hvasta wrote:

And th' plural is "all'ya'll"

Yes it is!;):D