Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sasmuse

LOR Spring Sale .... disappointment

Mountainwxman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
rwertz wrote:
Cracker wrote:
For the future...Avoid paypal for this. Takes too long for a 5 min fire sale. Had the same problem last year. Best to use CC.

I was thinking the same thing. This is the first year I tried PayPal and I couldn't believe how slow it was (compared to other PP transactions). I'll go back to typing everything in next year.

I used Paypal, and had no issues. Very fast for me. I do have a 1T speed, but who knows?

Dan thanks for everything!

I look forward to the new S3 later this year. Have you's came up with a price on the renewals from the S2 roll out? I know mind has expired, but I want to renew my upgrade license.

Failed English huh?

What did I say wrong?

I went thru paypal and placed two orders one for controllers and one for a mini director. As of now I don't have a conformation on either order. I am in LIMBO.

Earle

TRUST ME I NO ENGLISH EXPERT BUT IT MIGHT BE THE

YOU'S

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Failed English huh?

What did I say wrong?

Have you's ....

though I did not try to buy anything still a HUGE THANKS to Dan and all his gang for making a great product(s)...

martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Its a NY accent thing....think about it as he saying it...sounds right to me :)

Cracker wrote:

martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Trust me been an Irish man the last thing i speak is the Queens english,

DISCLAIMER (if i offend anyone in any way no harm intended)

Mountainwxman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I used Paypal, and had no issues. Very fast for me. I do have a 1T speed, but who knows?

I look forward to the new S3 later this year. Have you's came up with a price on the renewals from the S2 roll out? I know mind has expired, but I want to renew my upgrade license.

Failed English huh?

I need to use spell check next time I send you's all an e-mail. lmao

martinmc wrote:

Cracker wrote:
martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Trust me been an Irish man the last thing i speak is the Queens english,

DISCLAIMER (if i offend anyone in any way no harm intended)

Same DISCLAIMER...but this reminds me of an funny clip :D lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNgONH2ncI

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:
rwertz wrote:
Cracker wrote:
For the future...Avoid paypal for this. Takes too long for a 5 min fire sale. Had the same problem last year. Best to use CC.

I was thinking the same thing. This is the first year I tried PayPal and I couldn't believe how slow it was (compared to other PP transactions). I'll go back to typing everything in next year.

Failed English huh?

What did I say wrong?
Could it be that your mind has expired?:(

I used PayPal and was checked out in two minutes. Worked great.

I was able to see 300+ PC controllers & 9 CCRs during checkout, but by the time I was finished paying all were gone.

Disappointed? sure, but karma served up the better side of the coin for me today: No sale items and redwood tree grazes house vs. Sale items and a direct hit.

I feel lucky to have been handed the former.

(mother-in-law's house in the Serra's had the gutter & utilities ripped off/out it when a snow laden redwood gave up.)

Guest guest

Cracker wrote:

martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Its a NY accent thing....think about it as he saying it...sounds right to me :(

I disagree..proper english would have been "YOU'S GUYS"..

But then, English is the only foreign language I know..:D

It's all in the prep work.

Days in advance I went through the store to make sure I knew exactly what I wanted, looked at the checkout process to know exactly what was needed, and planned to take the simplest and most tried and true path through the system. Read the sales announcement and FAQ very carefully.

I was in and out in about 1 minute. I had my credit card number copied into memory, my address in an easy to copy paste place.

2nd year where I got exactly what I wanted.

Thanks!

Guest guest

I just used paypal, everything pre-entered, and other than the phone number I forgot to fill in, it ran surprisingly smooth.

I'm only on a 3G aircard out here in the bookdocks, but connection speed is not, as I see it, as big a factor as the processing power on the yahoo store and paypal side...have to believe if you looked at utilization on Dan's store for those first 5 minutes he probably exceeded virtually any other yahoo store in existence...

I only intended to buy one item, and that had to help..having to run back and add to the cart puts everything at risk.

Yes! Thank You Dan,with a little planning and lots of luck many made it to the checkout with a bill.

Your company rocks and looking forward to the summer sale.............

Well, all those who bought up all the items I would've wanted (..Bill..) are safe from the Lav Dump switch, as I was nowhere near the Store's site during the Sale :) But next year... next year.. be afraid.. be very afraid!! :)

Congrats anyway to those who got what they wanted, and to those who didnt.. remember.. Karma works!!

And it isnt You's.. it's Yuns!!! (west PA)

My Paypal account is fine and has been for 12 years. Paypal has it's own credit card which is what I use but apparently LOR doesn't accept that funding method from Paypal. I wish I had known that in advance and I would have transfered money to my Paypal account. I had everything set up and tested and was on the Paypal site within 25 seconds of selecting that one item. Every thing pre-filled. Thought I was in good shape. One glitch in the system.

So for future reference for others, the internal Paypal credit card is not accepted by LOR. Or it wasn't for the sale.

I am not complaining, just making an observation and pointing out an issue I had. I understand limited quantities, sales, luck of the draw, karma, etc.

I was considering CCR's and was hoping to get one to experiment with. Didn't want to have to wait until end of summer and be pressed for time. It didn't work out so I will go to plan B. Anyone use Firefli in their displays?

ace_master wrote:

Frustration indeed. But it is what it is...

Dan, Can you set up a Canadian USPS shipping calculator at checkout for next years sale... The delays to get past the errors at the current checkout screw your Canadian customers out of what we try to check out with.

No problem here;)

Guest guest

Cracker wrote:

martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Heck, doesn't Danny DeVito say it like that all the time? And he's a real funny comedian/actor too! Everytime I hear or read a "yous", I think of him. LOL

Guest guest

texascop wrote:

My Paypal account is fine and has been for 12 years. Paypal has it's own credit card which is what I use but apparently LOR doesn't accept that funding method from Paypal. I wish I had known that in advance and I would have transfered money to my Paypal account. I had everything set up and tested and was on the Paypal site within 25 seconds of selecting that one item. Every thing pre-filled. Thought I was in good shape. One glitch in the system.

So for future reference for others, the internal Paypal credit card is not accepted by LOR. Or it wasn't for the sale.

I am not complaining, just making an observation and pointing out an issue I had. I understand limited quantities, sales, luck of the draw, karma, etc.

I was considering CCR's and was hoping to get one to experiment with. Didn't want to have to wait until end of summer and be pressed for time. It didn't work out so I will go to plan B. Anyone use Firefli in their displays?

That doesn't make sense. Paypal distributes cash to the merchant, minus their cut. They're an interface between you and the merchant, but it is Paypal that gets your cash from your credit card, not LOR. I use my debit card as primary, and a credit card as backup. Can't imagine how it not accepting a paypal credit card, assuming it is like any other credit card, would be a LOR thing.

I just had my annual review at work this morning...one day late. I could have bought another controller with my bonus money...Dang it!!

As i understand it now, the Paypal credit card may have a deeper discount to the merchant than other credit cards and some merchants opt to not accept it. I know my credit line was enough to purchase a lot of CCR's and controllers if I wanted to.

LOR may have made a business to not accept payment through the Paypal credit card. If they didn't, then there was some issue with Paypal but I lean toward it being an LOR policy.

texascop wrote:

As i understand it now, the Paypal credit card may have a deeper discount to the merchant than other credit cards and some merchants opt to not accept it. I know my credit line was enough to purchase a lot of CCR's and controllers if I wanted to.

LOR may have made a business to not accept payment through the Paypal credit card. If they didn't, then there was some issue with Paypal but I lean toward it being an LOR policy.

It could also be a function of the yahoo checkout system. They may not allow pay pal credit cards to be accepted unless they are tied to visa or master card.

texascop wrote:

We would rather not take PayPal at all. It is significantly more expensive for us vs. Credit Cards.

As far as I know we have no control over how PayPal does business. Here are the only settings we can set and their current setting. (copy and pasted from our store's payment configuration screen).

--------------

Transaction Setting:
Authorize Only

Account Status:
Active

PayPal Shipping Address:
Replace With PayPal Address

Flag Address Mismatch (no auto-capture of order):
No

Required PayPal Account:
Required

Display PayPal in Checkout: