Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Spring Sale .... disappointment

sasmuse

The very bottom line. NO matter what Dan would post or would be said on the forums on how fast the INVENTORY REDUCTION sale goes. There would be those that would always be UNHAPPY.

Dan most likely conducts this sale more for the business benefit than for out benefits. We are just lucky enough to be able to reap from it.

And just FYI, No I did not participate. I am waiting for the CCB to be released.

Chuck

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• friskybri

• texascop

• jeffandnicole

rwertz wrote:

The way I see it, this is like when the forecast calls for a 30% chance of rain but you go out fishing anyway. If it happens to rain and your day gets ruined, you're probably going to whine about it some. But you're not going to call the weather channel and give them a raft of [Foul Language Used] over it.

Then again if you have a six pack of beer in the truck, the rain might not bother you as much.
Hey, I think I know where I went wrong this year :dude:

rwertz thats Good Words of wizdom... We will have to fish sometime, had many a rainy days myself.

-Dan annouces a sale every year

-The sale is clearly outlined before hand

-your part

- BE THERE or NOT

Mountainwxman wrote:

To settle it all... Dan could do this.

Enter the sale page with all of the terms of service. Before you can continue on where the deals, you'll have to check "I Agree With These Terms" then click next.

That way... if they [Foul Language Used] & moan and made it to the products page, they were aware of the TOS.

Great idea William!

That being said, there would still be people who would complain...

It's a symptom of today's world....

Greg

Greg Young wrote:

there would still be people who would complain...

Greg

So true. There can be a sign right in front of someone and they still complain, even though you know they saw it and you even seen them read it, they'll complain and say "I never saw the sign!".

Just ask 'em if they want some cheese with their whine.:P

Orville wrote:

Greg Young wrote:

Greg

So true. There can be a sign right in front of someone and they still complain, even though you know they saw it and you even seen them read it, they'll complain and say "I never saw the sign!".

I find it funny that you complain about the complainers. Sounds like you need some cheese also. I will admit I was one that complained up front. I said some things that I regret and have sent an apology to Dan. I just snapped. Now the question is where we go from here. If you want to keep up this thread I can have alot of fun with this. I can run with the best. I do think Dan has a great company and helps all of us when we need it.

I have always been against limited quantities at any store. BEST BUY, WAL-Mart ect. I used to work at Best Buy and think the 4 hour after Thanksgiving sale is crap. limited to 10 in stock NO Rainchecks. I think the hottest item shouldn't have the lowest count. The perfect sale would be 15 minutes or 30 minutes no set quantities and let them fly.

I am sure someone is going to say that I am complaining again. So go for your complaints back I am ready to run this to the point of Dan shutting this thread down. so far 50 % of the people that have posted on here has been in an arguments before on the forum.

friskybri wrote:

Orville wrote:
Greg Young wrote:

Greg

I find it funny that you complain about the complainers. Sounds like you need some cheese also. I will admit I was one that complained up front. I said some things that I regret and have sent an apology to Dan. I just snapped. Now the question is where we go from here. If you want to keep up this thread I can have alot of fun with this. I can run with the best. I do think Dan has a great company and helps all of us when we need it.

I have always been against limited quantities at any store. BEST BUY, WAL-Mart ect. I used to work at Best Buy and think the 4 hour after Thanksgiving sale is crap. limited to 10 in stock NO Rainchecks. I think the hottest item shouldn't have the lowest count. The perfect sale would be 15 minutes or 30 minutes no set quantities and let them fly.

I am sure someone is going to say that I am complaining again. So go for your complaints back I am ready to run this to the point of Dan shutting this thread down. so far 50 % of the people that have posted on here has been in an arguments before on the forum.

I AM NOT COMPLAINING! I was just agreeing with the previous poster about no matter what, you can't please everyone, even if there were a sign right smack in front of them. And just making light. I have no complaints about the sale or the complainers. And I have plenty of cheese!!:P

BTW: I've worked retail and retail management in the past and have dealt with a lot of complaints about sales merchandise. It IS INEVITABLE!

I also just checked this entire thread and I haven't complained anywhere, so not sure where you're seeing a complaint from any of my posts.

Yes you did. I havent had a beer in 2months because I have been on a 1200 cal diet. Hitting the gym. Swinming 5000 meters. Ect. Lost 40 lbs and need to loose 40 more. When I get another 10 I will have a one night only drunk fest with the neighberhood. They all keep asking how far am I away.

Michelob has those 55 calorie beers. Kinda like water, but with a very slight beer taste! :-)

Orville wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:
scarjo_popcorn.gif

Thanks for bringing the popcorn Tim. Got any "cheese salt" to go with it? ROFL

What, bandwidth exceeded... That's what I get for hot linking to a crumby page...

Lets try this again :P

scarjo_popcorn.gifgold-medal-2327-cheddar-pure-gold-easy-cheese-popcorn-paste-mix-30-lb-tub.jpg

Plus your requested cheese :(

Tim Herberger wrote:

Orville wrote:
Tim Herberger wrote:
scarjo_popcorn.gif

Thanks for bringing the popcorn Tim. Got any "cheese salt" to go with it? ROFL

What, bandwidth exceeded... That's what I get for hot linking to a crumby page...

Lets try this again :)

scarjo_popcorn.gifgold-medal-2327-cheddar-pure-gold-easy-cheese-popcorn-paste-mix-30-lb-tub.jpg

Plus your requested cheese :P

(That's what I saw the first time I saw your original post and had no idea what you had linked too!)

Rats, that's a base coating. They actually have a salt that is "cheese" flavored, comes in an assortment of flavors too, Nacho and Cheddar (two that I know for sure) that you put on the popcorn after it's all popped up, nice and airy.

A lot smaller container than that one. A lot of theatres actually have these salts at their "popcorn" condiments area.

Now I AM NOT complaining, just wasn't exactly what I was expecting!:(

I actually didn't hit the sale. Just knew it was going to be a mad house and the price isn't that much off of the normal sale with unlimited qty. I understand where some newbies might want to get an earlier start or others may want to try some newer equipment like the CCR's. I think it's great Dan does this even though we all know there is a predetermined qty set on items for this sale. Also as expected some will grumble, although not overly loud about it for the most. Being in Wisconsin though my access to cheesee is fairly unlimited....:(

Lenny Ruel

Got notification that my order is being shipped. I'm so excited. I bought 4 ready-to-go controllers and was lucky to get them. I see that they sold out within 1 minute. Dang that is fast.

Last year was my first show with 32 channels and looking forward to life at 96. Already have half my sequences updated and a new song in the works.

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!
http://www.ListenToOurLights.com