Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Spring Sale .... disappointment

sasmuse

I was not able to get any CCR either. Not the end of the world. The customer service from Dan and the gang is second to none. It was a clearance reduction sale. If they are out Oh well. Just order what you need during the Summer sale. Most companies would not evan offer the new items as sale items, They would be charging full rate for the good stuff. Dan and LOR rocks. They are so customer minded it is ridiculous.
Dan keep up the good work.
Thanks for everything you guys do for us addicts.
Don C.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• friskybri

• texascop

• jeffandnicole

Max-Paul wrote:

Gee whiz guys. To the whiners, grow up! Dan tried to make everyone aware that there was going to be a limited amount of certain items. Hell I like to buy the CBT16PC kit that requires soldering, but without a high power heat sink. All available this year is the one with the high power heat sink. Which cost more than the regular priced one I want.

But you dont see me and many others getting all worked up. Please quit pissing in LOR's wheaties.

Max that is the best comment on every sale, Next to William and you's...

I gave out some secrets about grab and run. didnt know if it helped. but summer sale will be soon.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

And it isnt You's.. it's Yuns!!! (west PA)
I was told if you go a bit further east like WV. My FIL told me that they say "Your'ns". Pronounced "urines". And in southern MO and further south it's "you all".

Can I ask .....

When will the order start going out ?!

Do we get a confirmation when they do ?

Just want to keep an eye out for the package !!

Dave

Guest wbottomley

RaceMedic wrote:

Can I ask .....

Dave

You can check the status of your order through the confirmation email.

texascop wrote:

I had my order in and on the Paypal site in less than 25 seconds and got a "does not accept funding source" message. It would have been nice to know that in advance. After that, it was too late. I can accept sold out.

I will second that. My primary method of payment is to use my checking account. I had to waste time setting up a credit card in order to even get the order to go through. Was not at all happy about that. Luckily, I managed to get what I wanted.

0-Gary-

Mountainwxman wrote:

RaceMedic wrote:
Can I ask .....

Dave

You can check the status of your order through the confirmation email.

Thank-you !

I was not aware of that !

Dave

Max-Paul wrote:

Please quit pissing in LOR's wheaties.

Ahhhh..no WONDER Dan is a champion!!! :D

my 2 cents, I prefer paypal for all my online transactions. I never have a problem and i didnt last night. I have 2 sources of payment set up in my paypal account, 1st is direct bank draft and a backup is a credit card. That way if paypal cant talk to my bank it reverts to the credit card with out having to ask me.

I dont really like giving any merchant my credit card ( although with LOR I have a few years of trust so it wouldnt be an issue) Discover has a nice feature where I can have them assign a one time use account number to my transaction, that way if someone snags that account number, it is dead after the first transaction i made.

I am really sorry about those who has trouble with paypal last night, just wanted to give my opinion and experiences.

Also I received a message today that my stuff has already been shipped... WOW

Max-Paul wrote:

TJ Hvasta wrote:
I was told if you go a bit further east like WV. My FIL told me that they say "Your'ns". Pronounced "urines". And in southern MO and further south it's "you all".

Not quite right with the "you all", it's actually, Ya'll {pronounced "yawl"}. 'specially down heerya in Flur-ee-da. ROFL

redsea300 wrote:

Dan and LOR rocks. They are so customer minded it is ridiculous.
Dan keep up the good work.
Thanks for everything you guys do for us addicts.
Don C.

Had a problem last year with a board and e-mailed Dan on a Sunday morning early and wasn't expecting to hear anything till Monday.....Dan had replied seraval times and we had a fix before noon on Sunday!!!! AWESUME!!! Lor is #1 and will always be controlling my lights! Thanks again Dan for the fantastic products and customer service!

John

Max-Paul wrote:

Gee whiz guys. To the whiners, grow up! Dan tried to make everyone aware that there was going to be a limited amount of certain items. Hell I like to buy the CBT16PC kit that requires soldering, but without a high power heat sink. All available this year is the one with the high power heat sink. Which cost more than the regular priced one I want.

But you dont see me and many others getting all worked up. Please quit pissing in LOR's wheaties.

I have to agree Max, Lets just keep complaining enough and get Dan pissed, then maybe he will not do the sale again!!!!! I got nothing this year, but the summer sale is coming, so give it a break.

Orville wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
TJ Hvasta wrote:

Not quite right with the "you all", it's actually, Ya'll {pronounced "yawl"}. 'specially down heerya in Flur-ee-da. ROFL

And th' plural is "all'ya'll"

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Orville wrote:
Max-Paul wrote:
TJ Hvasta wrote:

And th' plural is "all'ya'll"

Yes it is!;):D

This is really interesting. One of the reasons I chose to go with LOR was the reviews I saw about their customer service. Generally, companies that provide excellent customer service get to that point by listening to their customers. Again, I fully understand the limited quantities and the purpose of the sale. They are reducing on hand inventory to reduce tax liabilities. All businesses try to do that.

What I was addressing was a problem in the purchase process and so were a number of others here. Now I see the phrases "whiners", "grow up", "don't complain or they won't sell us stuff anymore". I really don't do business with companies that feel like they are doing you a favor letting you buy something. I don't think LOR has that attitude but some of the customers here do. I also understand brand loyality but some of this is a little over the top.

I am new to this, last year being my first year, and am certainly new to the forum. A number of people were very helpful as I brought my display on line and I am grateful for that. I am also pretty thick skinned in most instances. However, I will be more than happy to stay off of your forum if it is considered whining to point out issues. The term "grow up" can be applied to a number of situations.

I believe Dan addressed the issue of the ordering problems with Yahoo. They are out of his control unless he finds another transaction system that will deduct what is in a cart from inventory immediately, making it unavailable to anyone else unless it is not purchased. I would not mind that if there was a time limit on the cart, say two minutes to complete the checkout phase. This would prevent someone from loading up several carts and then checking out. I do not know if there is such a system out there as I do not do any on-line business.

I have run into the issue of limited stock and this can cause customers who, in my opinion, are unreasonably irate when I run out. I always post a limited stock announcement with these types of sales but it does not seem to matter. I really do not see a solution for those people.

I actually kind of like the situation as it is now, it is kind of exciting. My wife and daughter were reminding all day that I had to be ready on time. They even told me to stop replacing our hardwood floors at about 6:30 PDT in order to be ready. Went as fast as I could but missed out on the CCR I wanted to play with. Oh well, if I really need one I can get it in the summer. I do not have any use for it right now, but even if I did I could still sequence for it even though I do not have one. It is what I do with all the new features I add each year anyway. Besides the 8 kits I purchased will keep me busy for awhile. Thanks Dan for all you do for us, your service is the best I have ever encountered.

texascop wrote:

This is really interesting. One of the reasons I chose to go with LOR was the reviews I saw about their customer service. Generally, companies that provide excellent customer service get to that point by listening to their customers. Again, I fully understand the limited quantities and the purpose of the sale. They are reducing on hand inventory to reduce tax liabilities. All businesses try to do that.

What I was addressing was a problem in the purchase process and so were a number of others here. Now I see the phrases "whiners", "grow up", "don't complain or they won't sell us stuff anymore". I really don't do business with companies that feel like they are doing you a favor letting you buy something. I don't think LOR has that attitude but some of the customers here do. I also understand brand loyality but some of this is a little over the top.

I am new to this, last year being my first year, and am certainly new to the forum. A number of people were very helpful as I brought my display on line and I am grateful for that. I am also pretty thick skinned in most instances. However, I will be more than happy to stay off of your forum if it is considered whining to point out issues. The term "grow up" can be applied to a number of situations.

I agree... We are ready to take suggestions and criticism for that matter. I have no idea how many people missed out but my guess is that it was a minimum of many hundreds.

We probably received less than 40 complaints from customers and in most cases they had not read the "fine print" which was actually pretty BOLD... and once informed were understanding. This year, as in the past, I believe that the biggest issue is that you can get something in your shopping cart and then loose it. That just does not seem fair but we are stuck with it.

I had hoped to get that changed this year but it didn't happen in time for the sale. We are looking into another store and will make sure it has better handling of inventory. I had a long talk with my Yahoo representative just before the sale (complaining as I do every year and hoping for a change) about the way inventory works and this year he said that we can create our own inventory system and link it to the store to it and should (they were not 100% convincing) be able to hold things in the cart. Was too late for this year to do it.

However no mater what we do, we will still have exactly the same number of failed attempts to purchase but the experience will be different.

If some one comes on to the forums and says that it is not fair and is cussing and truly a whiner then we should remind them that everyone had the same chance at this and we in no way hid from customers the way things worked. When someone has suggestions I will listen.

Dan

Here is my suggestion how to do the sale next year. Do it like a lottery to give some of us who couldn't be at the computer at 10pm Wednesday a chance. Have a day where people can enter their order for the sale. Have an option box where if you are out of certain items you will still either fill the rest of the order or none of it.

Then draw names from a hat (similar to the try for free promotion) and fill the orders until you run out of product.

What does anyone think about this?

It sounds a bit to complicated. If it was my business I wouldnt want to have to do all this to sell my stuff when I have no problem selling it the way the sale went.

Just my opinion.