Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Spring Sale .... disappointment

sasmuse

rwertz wrote:

Cracker wrote:
For the future...Avoid paypal for this. Takes too long for a 5 min fire sale. Had the same problem last year. Best to use CC.

I was thinking the same thing. This is the first year I tried PayPal and I couldn't believe how slow it was (compared to other PP transactions). I'll go back to typing everything in next year.

I used Paypal, and had no issues. Very fast for me. I do have a 1T speed, but who knows?

Dan thanks for everything!

I look forward to the new S3 later this year. Have you come up with a price on the renewals from the S2 roll out? I know mind has expired, but I want to renew my upgrade license.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• friskybri

• texascop

• jeffandnicole

texascop wrote:

I had my order in and on the Paypal site in less than 25 seconds and got a "does not accept funding source" message. It would have been nice to know that in advance. After that, it was too late. I can accept sold out.

Must be something wrong with your Paypal account.
I am from Canada and had no trouble paying with PayPal.
I wanted to make sure everything worked tonight so I bought a USB-RS485 around 9:30 EST sort of a dry run.

For the Canadians LOR does ship via UPS but you can pay the brokerage fees before it gets shipped so no surprise charges.

LOR ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Dan!

Guest wbottomley

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I used Paypal, and had no issues. Very fast for me. I do have a 1T speed, but who knows?

I look forward to the new S3 later this year. Have you's came up with a price on the renewals from the S2 roll out? I know mind has expired, but I want to renew my upgrade license.

Failed English huh?

At the time of this post, This is whats left!

13-CTB16PC Kit
32- Mini Director

Those must not have a high demand.

As a first timer i would also like to thank Dan for the sale.. this is a very rare event in todays business environment and with only a few companys to choose from i am amazed the sale even happens at all.

I have been able to save some money so that made it easier to get the wife onboard and because it was early in the year i now have the next 6 months to play with my new gadgets and get ready for christmas.

THANKYOU, DAN

Mountainwxman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
rwertz wrote:
Cracker wrote:
For the future...Avoid paypal for this. Takes too long for a 5 min fire sale. Had the same problem last year. Best to use CC.

I was thinking the same thing. This is the first year I tried PayPal and I couldn't believe how slow it was (compared to other PP transactions). I'll go back to typing everything in next year.

I look forward to the new S3 later this year. Have you's came up with a price on the renewals from the S2 roll out? I know mind has expired, but I want to renew my upgrade license.

Failed English huh?

What did I say wrong?

I went thru paypal and placed two orders one for controllers and one for a mini director. As of now I don't have a conformation on either order. I am in LIMBO.

Earle

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Failed English huh?

What did I say wrong?

Have you's ....

though I did not try to buy anything still a HUGE THANKS to Dan and all his gang for making a great product(s)...

martinmc wrote:

TRUST ME I NO ENGLISH EXPERT BUT IT MIGHT BE THE

YOU'S

Its a NY accent thing....think about it as he saying it...sounds right to me :)

Cracker wrote:

martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Trust me been an Irish man the last thing i speak is the Queens english,

DISCLAIMER (if i offend anyone in any way no harm intended)

Mountainwxman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Failed English huh?

I need to use spell check next time I send you's all an e-mail. lmao

martinmc wrote:

Cracker wrote:
martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Trust me been an Irish man the last thing i speak is the Queens english,

DISCLAIMER (if i offend anyone in any way no harm intended)

Same DISCLAIMER...but this reminds me of an funny clip :D lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNgONH2ncI

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:
rwertz wrote:
Cracker wrote:

Failed English huh?

What did I say wrong?
Could it be that your mind has expired?:(

I was able to see 300+ PC controllers & 9 CCRs during checkout, but by the time I was finished paying all were gone.

Disappointed? sure, but karma served up the better side of the coin for me today: No sale items and redwood tree grazes house vs. Sale items and a direct hit.

I feel lucky to have been handed the former.

(mother-in-law's house in the Serra's had the gutter & utilities ripped off/out it when a snow laden redwood gave up.)

Cracker wrote:

martinmc wrote:

YOU'S

Its a NY accent thing....think about it as he saying it...sounds right to me :(

I disagree..proper english would have been "YOU'S GUYS"..

But then, English is the only foreign language I know..:D

It's all in the prep work.

Days in advance I went through the store to make sure I knew exactly what I wanted, looked at the checkout process to know exactly what was needed, and planned to take the simplest and most tried and true path through the system. Read the sales announcement and FAQ very carefully.

I was in and out in about 1 minute. I had my credit card number copied into memory, my address in an easy to copy paste place.

2nd year where I got exactly what I wanted.

Thanks!

I just used paypal, everything pre-entered, and other than the phone number I forgot to fill in, it ran surprisingly smooth.

I'm only on a 3G aircard out here in the bookdocks, but connection speed is not, as I see it, as big a factor as the processing power on the yahoo store and paypal side...have to believe if you looked at utilization on Dan's store for those first 5 minutes he probably exceeded virtually any other yahoo store in existence...

I only intended to buy one item, and that had to help..having to run back and add to the cart puts everything at risk.