Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale starts WEDNESDAY !!!

KenL_MCSE

3/3 controllers
0/2 CCRs

Would have rather had it the other way.

There were hundreds of controllers left but only 9 CCRs when I hit pay.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• Surfing4Dough

• LightORamaDan

• jimswinder

Shut out this year. Got 3 controllers last year with no problems. PayPal froze on me first try, refreshed, got another in cart, then by the time I got the freaking "Do you want to apply for a PayPal MasterCard?"advertisement to go away shopping cart was empty. I kinda sympathize with the guy who wants to kick the crap out of somebody.

axle wrote:

Oh thanks I'm able to get 1 controller. And welcome me as a LOR owner.....Im sweating...

welcome to this crazy crazy hobby:D Just getting started myself

4 CCRs
2 Complete Controllers
Paid via Paypal...little delay Panic!!!!
Ahhhh another continue button ....
And another button Complete !!!!

Ummm need errrr want 3 cards for future...
GONE
Quick grab another Complete kit.
Check out complete
$147???? Oh crap got the one that needs to be soldered.

Wait did I buy 2 kits that need soldering??? Double checked nope got the right ones.

Happy camper!

well Im finally in the light controller family got 3 controllers tonight now on to making my banner:D:dude::D

khawes wrote:

3/3 controllers
0/2 CCRs

Would have rather had it the other way.

There were hundreds of controllers left but only 9 CCRs when I hit pay.

Or not... :(

Looks like tings were evaluated even after I hit pay... On to the summer sale !

no go on my first round of sales guess ill have to start w reg price but rest assured ill be ready in the summer sale congrats to those who scored tonite!!

Brian (KOZ) Kosmosky wrote:

no go on my first round of sales guess ill have to start w reg price but rest assured ill be ready in the summer sale congrats to those who scored tonite!!

The summer sale is a much more relaxed. No rush to get the order placed and no limits on quanity.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Brian (KOZ) Kosmosky wrote:

The summer sale is a much more relaxed. No rush to get the order placed and no limits on quanity.

Dan

When things went so easy for me last year at the Spring sale, I was kind of smug about the people who complained about not getting in. Guess I got paid back a little this year. When I hit the pay with Paypal button and that Damn "pop over" came up asking if I wanted to apply for a PayPal credit card would not go away I freaked. I hit the refresh button, went to Paypal again but saw that it had now doubled my order I wanted to pick up the whole computer and throw it out into the street. By the time I changed the quantity, it was sayonara controllers. I know the Summer sale prices are higher but just have to put up with it.

jim6918 wrote:

When things went so easy for me last year at the Spring sale, I was kind of smug about the people who complained about not getting in. Guess I got paid back a little this year. When I hit the pay with Paypal button and that Damn "pop over" came up asking if I wanted to apply for a PayPal credit card would not go away I freaked. I hit the refresh button, went to Paypal again but saw that it had now doubled my order I wanted to pick up the whole computer and throw it out into the street. By the time I changed the quantity, it was sayonara controllers. I know the Summer sale prices are higher but just have to put up with it.

That PayPal pop up is a PayPal thing that we had no control (or knowledge of)... Sorry about that.

Dan

I am glad I am no longer in business for myself. You should not have to apologize for PayPal's pop up or the fact that people couldn't read the sale start time - which was clearly stated.

Dan you do great work. You have a great company with an excellent reputation - keep up the great work!

One of the millions of reasons i don't use paypal. have heard all the horror stories and experienced a few of my own. just use my visa check card or credit card. try to keep my credit cards at zero just for this reason. when paypal is the only method of payment I simply walk away.

KenL_MCSE wrote:

I am glad I am no longer in business for myself. You should not have to apologize for PayPal's pop up or the fact that people couldn't read the sale start time - which was clearly stated.

Dan you do great work. You have a great company with an excellent reputation - keep up the great work!

Gimme a break. I wasn't blaming LOR for the PayPal pop-over. Like many people here I was just expressing what ever frustration they experienced at not saving a few bucks. The LOR people certainly did their best with the sale. If you took the time to read my posts, I clearly stated that I had a great experience last year, and it just didn't work out this year.

caniac wrote:

One of the millions of reasons i don't use paypal. have heard all the horror stories and experienced a few of my own. just use my visa check card or credit card. try to keep my credit cards at zero just for this reason. when paypal is the only method of payment I simply walk away.

Funny...I have done over a thousand transactions with paypal and have never had a problem.

wallleyes wrote:

caniac wrote:

Funny...I have done over a thousand transactions with paypal and have never had a problem.

Me too. Thats why I didn't think there would have been a problem. I think my mistake was not to have logged on to my PayPal account about 10 minutes before the sale and left it running in the background. Always next year to try that.

jim6918 wrote:

wallleyes wrote:
caniac wrote:

Me too. Thats why I didn't think there would have been a problem. I think my mistake was not to have logged on to my PayPal account about 10 minutes before the sale and left it running in the background. Always next year to try that.

I was not logged into paypal.I even had to enter my phone number which slowed it up.

2 computers
A mouse in each hand.
3 browsers tabbed on each. Each one with a different controller page opened up.
Credit card info written down on a piece of paper so I wouldn't have to squint to see the card number (you know...moving it back and forth to see it off of those holographic numbers...) Knew paypal would be slow too.
Started refreshing the screen on the desired controller at 9:59pm eastern.
"Add to cart" came up at 10pm.
CALMLY typed allllll the info in.
In cart, paid by 10:02pm (think it was...)
:D
Got ONE complete kit.

Now...just need another LOR DC card. Too bad those were not on sale :-( Also wonder how much the S3 upgrade is going to cost?