Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale starts WEDNESDAY !!!

KenL_MCSE

jimswinder wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Welcome KOZ! Enjoy the ride (and buy lots of extension cords).

How come you never say MAKE a lot of extension cords (out of SPT 2 Lamp cord and vampire plugs)??? :P

Those technically are still extension cords and you still have to buy them, so it is an all-inclusive statement. ;) (plus now he is going to hijack this thread and ask how to make the cords, where is the best place to buy SPT cord, should he use SPT1 or SPT2, what the heck is SPT3, will SPT1 hold survive 2ft of snow, where should he buy vampire plugs, etc., etc., etc. Figured our new friends can ask all that in other threads.)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• Surfing4Dough

• LightORamaDan

• jimswinder

jimswinder wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

How come you never say MAKE a lot of extension cords (out of SPT 2 Lamp cord and vampire plugs)??? :P

I f he buys lots of extension cords . He won't have any money left for the sale:P:P

It's about 1:45 CDT so that means 7 hours 15 minutes til the sale and 7 hours 15 minutes and 15 seconds til its over. Sounds like Wal-Mart on black Friday and Dec. 26th rolled into 15 seconds.

Brian (KOZ) Kosmosky wrote:

have lotz already but like i say "to much is never enough" i have alot of decorations,lights,ect now the next step......making my own show!!

Hopefully miles of cords. Depending on your setup, it is amazing how much cord you need.

Denis Chaput wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:

I f he buys lots of extension cords . He won't have any money left for the sale:P:P

Unless you get the outdoor green cords for 75-90% off at Target after Christmas. You should have seen the look on the young check out girl's face when I pulled up with literally a heaping cart full in January. She was happy for me though when I explained--she too realized I had hit the jackpot. Don't get me wrong though...I love SPT cords too. But money is money.

Here is hoping there is no brown out in every state but where the LOR store front servers are.. :P Be a shame to have to fire-up the generator just to order controllers.

no hijack here made my own already...but i will say alot of the posts all over have been a great help on planning and design ....snow...ha im from wisconsin just got 10in today again after i racked my grass last week but thanks to every1 for all of the help w your experince!!!!

TechMan wrote:

evana wrote:
TechMan wrote:
Anyone know if it's quicker to check out via PayPal or V/MC?

yes there is a quick way.

So, which way is quicker PayPal or V/MC?

lol...I don't think he is going to tell you and give you the opportunity to get in line in front of him!!! LOL

TechMan wrote:

evana wrote:
TechMan wrote:
Anyone know if it's quicker to check out via PayPal or V/MC?

yes there is a quick way.

So, which way is quicker PayPal or V/MC?

pm sent.

cant share everything with you jim.:D

OK, so does anyone who doesnt think that my one order will effect them(ie Dan) getting their order through care to answer if paying with one or the other is more efficient for order processing?

In all reality, if you are on at 10pm, you should be fine. Last year they had 500 controllers like the ones most are getting (PC) that sold out in 5 minutes. They supposedly have more this year, and also put a $1500 limit per order this year (can do multiple orders). That makes me suspect that maybe there were a few huge orders that depleted that stock fast (maybe group buys or something). That should lengthen the sale a little (probably 10 minutes instead of 5!)

Just know what you are getting, have your payment info ready (either CC or paypal), and don't window shop, and I doubt you will have a problem.

Caleb Linburg wrote:

Does it remove the product from inventory whhen you click "checkout" or "checkout with paypal" or is it when everything is done and paid for?

Kinda what I am wondering, as it mentions that it doesnt pull from inventory until check-out it complete, but didnt want to chance the lag time while the PP servers contacted the LOR servers...

It doesn't remove the item from inventory untill you paid. So, don't sit with the item in your cart as you could lose it. Put it in your cart and complete the checkout as quickly as possible.

Payment from the PP servers is just as instant as processing a CC on the yahoo pages. Once the payment clears (either PP or CC) it sends a message to the server. There shouldn't be much lag between the processes. Maybe a few seconds... But if your payment clears, your good. I'm sure LOR will honor the sale if there were an issue like that.

After buying a starter set up with 32 channels, and no kore than 2 days later I order another controller, I'm doing my best to keep away from the sale! Next year for sure I plan on doubling my controllers! Best of luck to everyone!

Arnold