Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB's + CCR's = Less Controllers

jimswinder

IF and when the CCB's are ready for purchase this year, I am looking at possibly using 9 less controllers (144 Channels) and 10,000 less lights this year...even though I am adding about 6 new elements to my display.

Is anyone else going this direction due to an increase in your use of CCR's and CCB's?

Yea, I know...ya all will do me a big favor and take my extra lights and controllers off my hands...

You guys are the best!!! :)

jimswinder wrote:

IF and when the CCB's are ready for purchase this year, I am looking at possibly using 9 less controllers (144 Channels) and 10,000 lights this year...even though I am adding about 6 new elements to my display.

Is anyone else going this direction due to an increase in your use of CCR's and CCB's?

Yea, I know...ya all will do me a big favor and take my extra lights and controllers off my hands...

You guys are the best!!! :)
Me too I am waiting for something come out I put all mini light off and go for RGB and RGB pixel I am go to need few board for RBG pixel, faster I can get them faster start to work with them .I hope new software LOR come out few month before Halloween I go to need few new setting before intalle everything on I looking to spent few $$$$ this years :D:D

jimswinder wrote:

Forgive me for being a doubting George, but I think your math is slightly flawed. Looks to me like you're going to have even more controllers in your yard this year. Or aren't you counting the CCR and CCB controllers as controllers?

George Simmons wrote:

Forgive me for being a doubting George, but I think your math is slightly flawed. Looks to me like you're going to have even more controllers in your yard this year. Or aren't you counting the CCR and CCB controllers as controllers?

LOL...of course my math is flawed George!!!

I was ACTUALLY thinking of total channels...and no, I for one, won't count the 157 channels per string/ribbon in my channel count... ;)

jimswinder wrote:

...and no, I for one, won't count the 157 channels per string/ribbon in my channel count...  ;)

For what it's worth, neither do I. In my mind a CCR is fifty channels because that's how many I'm sequencing. (I don't use macros)

Jim Saul wrote:

if anyone wants to get rid of some of those pesky extra controllers, I can take them off your hands ;)

I need mine to go to a nice warm climate...not somewhere where there is still snow on the ground and then have my controllers subjected to 50 - 70 mph winds!!! :P

jimswinder wrote:

I need mine to go to a nice warm climate...not somewhere where there is still snow on the ground and then have my controllers subjected to 50 - 70 mph winds!!!  :P

LOL Me too!
by the way, the rebar that each of the nativity wise men are tied to is bent now too!

jimswinder wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:
if anyone wants to get rid of some of those pesky extra controllers, I can take them off your hands ;)

I need mine to go to a nice warm climate...not somewhere where there is still snow on the ground and then have my controllers subjected to 50 - 70 mph winds!!! :P

Send em down to sweet home Alabama and I will give them a nice warm (and humid) home.

jimswinder wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:
if anyone wants to get rid of some of those pesky extra controllers, I can take them off your hands :P

I need mine to go to a nice warm climate...not somewhere where there is still snow on the ground and then have my controllers subjected to 50 - 70 mph winds!!! :)

Well that actually leaves Florida out! No Snow, but if we get a hurricane during hurricane season, we may or could possibly get winds up to 150+mph! Bye bye controller unless it's really mounted down and even then, if the house goes and their mounted on a wall, still Bye bye controllers. Ah well....:)

I am adding arches this year and was going to use 7 channels per arch.

4 arches would be 2 controllers plus lights ...ummm LED run $10 plus each times 28 is over $280 for each colour.

I thought I would use the CCR to make 2 arches but wife said they would be too small and use one for each!

Who am I to argue?

I love my wife :D

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

IF and when the CCB's are ready for purchase this year, I am looking at possibly using 9 less controllers (144 Channels) and 10,000 less lights this year...even though I am adding about 6 new elements to my display.

I am only a day late with this thread but my thinking is the same as yours Jim, my plan is to use either the CCRs on the roof lines this year or the CCBs that would free up enough channels to operate my trees in RGB also with possiblity of some M-5 leds to outline the trees

Jim Saul wrote:

I should was 2 3 on sale went my new board for pixel are in keep my aadresse check in 1 mouth I have I HAVE HARD TIME FINE SOME BOARD for my light RGB Pixel:cool:

Orville wrote:

Well that actually leaves Florida out! No Snow, but if we get a hurricane during hurricane season, we may or could possibly get winds up to 150+mph! Bye bye controller unless it's really mounted down and even then, if the house goes and their mounted on a wall, still Bye bye controllers. Ah well....;)

If that ever happened I would not be thinking of my controllers.......I would be saying "Its a great day to be alive"

I need to ask this question. On regular LED light strings LEDs do burn out. So my question is ...... do they or can they burn out on these CCR's?

If they ever did would it look crappy with a gap between lights?

Just curious.

Most of my house stays static anyways and all you can see is the peak. So I was thinking that those CCR's might look good just on that spot. If they are 8ft long I would need 6 of them. Or use the new CCB's when they arrive.

I cannot let PaulChristmas be alone up in this neck of the woods. :D

On the other hand that may need to be a 2012 goal .......ah we shall see.

lightzilla wrote:

Most of my house stays static anyways and all you can see is the peak. So I was thinking that those CCR's might look good just on that spot. If they are 8ft long I would need 6 of them. Or use the new CCB's when they arrive.

CCR's are 16'4" each..so 3 should do ! You should get from 30,000 to 50,000 hours of life from them.