Light-O-Rama Forums

16 channel LOR with a mind of its own

Guest guest

I have two 16 channel LOW1602W's that seem to have a mind of their own. I am doing music only and on several of the songs, the programming is not showing up in the lights. I have powered up and down, unplugged everything everyday and it does not get to the program.

2nd: I have to reboot the computer in order to get the music to play on the computer.

Any ideas? I am too tired from putting up lights to try to figure this out anymore.

Dale,

Have you tried to control the lights with the sequence editor?

You have configured the channels in the sequences.. (using Export,Import channel config).

If the controllers work OK on some songs then it seems like it may be a configuration issue.

I had all the channels configured the same as I read that solution on a previous thread. As I stated, some songs are inconsistent with their reaction to the programming on some of the channels.

Anyway, I went ahead and reset the channels back to their default settings to see what that does.

In the meantime, do you have any idea why the music will not play unless the computer is rebooted? It has not been a problem yet, but I am concerned about the forthcoming weekend when I will be unavailable to restart the program.

Dale W wrote:

I had all the channels configured the same as I read that solution on a previous thread. As I stated, some songs are inconsistent with their reaction to the programming on some of the channels.

Anyway, I went ahead and reset the channels back to their default settings to see what that does.

In the meantime, do you have any idea why the music will not play unless the computer is rebooted? It has not been a problem yet, but I am concerned about the forthcoming weekend when I will be unavailable to restart the program.

Dale, I am not sure what "Anyway, I went ahead and reset the channels back to their default settings to see what that does" actually means. Can you clairify?

As far as music playing unless rebooted.... I have never heard of that before.... So if you do not reboot, the show starts at the scheduled time, the lights start working but the music does not play... Is that what is happening?

Can you play a song directly with Windows Media Player at this time (before you reboot)?

What is happening is as you described. The lights come on and flash, but there is not any music unless the computer is rebooted. I can play music on the computer and the sound card is operating.

Dale W wrote:

What is happening is as you described. The lights come on and flash, but there is not any music unless the computer is rebooted. I can play music on the computer and the sound card is operating.

Dale

This is going to be a tough one I think. It seems as though there must be something happening before the show that causes the problem. If you reboot a few hours before the show and do nothing then the music would play? I am going to get someone else involved in this one. Please send an email to dan@lightorama.com with a subject of "No Music in Show"