Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Don Gillespie

CCR'show many can you use together

I don't know of any easy way of sequencing effects along multiple CCRs end to end - particularly if you want to use macros.

Joining CCRs only requires opening the far end, not cutting them up. With mine, the full length CCRs even in pairs did not match my roofline length and for 2011, I added some short sections of dumb 5050 RGB ribbon to fill in the gaps. These sections were driven by LOR DC boards.

Regards Geoff

Geoff Harvey wrote:

I don't know of any easy way of sequencing effects along multiple CCRs end to end - particularly if you want to use macros.

Joining CCRs only requires opening the far end, not cutting them up. With mine, the full length CCRs even in pairs did not match my roofline length and for 2011, I added some short sections of dumb 5050 RGB ribbon to fill in the gaps. These sections were driven by LOR DC boards.

Regards Geoff

If I can get my wife on board, I'd love to see the show in the great 'Down Under' :P I guess my big question is, if I don't cut them, and run them next to each other, when I sequence a chase effect, will they look continuous, or will it be noticeably multiple CCRs hooked together ?

I'm getting on my roof tomorrow to take fine measurements to see where the CCRs would terminate which will really help plan my conversion.

Now that I have a year with 4 CCRs under my belt here is what I learned.

I needed at least 2 networks to run 13 controllers and 4 CCRs.

When I ran them all on one network the CCRs didn't work correctly.

They were so bad I was going to take them out of the show.

ItsMeBobO took a look at one of my squences and told me I had too many command s going on and I should at at least one more network and take out the fades on the chases.

Ordered 4 more USB adapters (one for each arch)

Took out all the fades.

They ran! Looked great.

http://youtu.be/PGezCu_pLC0

So I loaded my old sequences and they ran they way I wanted

For the CCRs, because I have them going left to right, I want them to do a slow, dotted-line, or hash mark chase effect slowly to the beat of a song. However, I'm not sure the behavior if you hook 3 up, if they remain synchronous. I may just need to order 2 or 3 of them, and find out and hope for the best... :?