Light-O-Rama Forums

Can we get an update on the new Visualizer?

Dan C

I was going to start working on my sequencing for this year and have added quite a few channels. I was hoping we could get an update on when the new visualizer will be release.

I would like to start working now, but I don't want to have to redo all that work once the new one gets release.

I'm not looking for an exact date. Just wondering if it will be a week or two, or months down the road thats all.

Thanks!

ME too!!!...

I have been putting off sequencing since January....

I have decided to start sequencing by just doing a sequence with a few basic channels (one each of Mini tree, Arch, Mega, etc) just to get the beats down and then copy and paste those events into the new visualizer...

I put off sequencing last year waiting for the new Rev and it cost me BIG time!!

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

I have been putting off sequencing since January....

Thats why I am not waiting to much to redo with so many extra channels, can't afford to wait remember the 90 - 10 rule we can control 90% of what happens and 10% we have no control over, so quit wasting time and get sequencing LOL

Also wondering when we should see it. I started programing in November for this year. I am adding 12 CCR's and 4 rgb floods to my already 415 channels. This year all new songs, I couldn't wait. 3 songs down and 15 to go.

Just like me ..Why wait..I'm sure whatever we do now will be compatable with the new visulizer or else it would have rolled out already. The sequencer is compatible with older versions..So why wait to sequence !!!! Backwards compatible is the way to go or you will alienate everyone to switching to something else. Just good buisness sense..

Ron Amedee wrote:

..So why wait to sequence !!!!

For me it was a matter of making it simpler and quicker...

Why sequence for 4 hours today if it will take 2 hours tomorrow...

jimswinder wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:

Ah yes another procrastinator like me. A procrastinator with a cause. I'll just wait for this or that reason.

Max-Paul wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Ron Amedee wrote:

Ah yes another procrastinator like me. A procrastinator with a cause. I'll just wait for this or that reason.

procrastination.jpg

kzaas wrote:

Come on Dan, we're waitng on you, what the answer?:?

The silence on this subject is deafening...

guys, haven't you learned by now the master never gives up his secrets. Dan will tell us when it's ready. for people like me that have been here for eons, we've all learned that it's not a good practice to promise anything before it's ready.so my advice to everyone is to start your sequencing or anything you want to do and have fun. Waiting for something that might be some time away, at this point doesn't save you any time at all. So just have at it,build your layout for this year,sequence to you can't think anymore,and just knowing the back your mind... new toys are coming.

Ralph D wrote:

just knowing the back your mind... new toys are coming.

New toy! New toy! I can't wait!

As far as progress... Yes it is moving along well. My "guess" is that it will be in beta this month.

Edit:

Quote from above: "Why wait..I'm sure whatever we do now will be compatible with the new visualizer or else it would have rolled out already"

Yes, any sequencing you do will be compatible.

Also a concern from above.. The new visualizer does not necessarily make it easier to sequence. It is an enhanced visualizer but it is only a visualizer.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

As far as progress... Yes it is moving along well. My "guess" is that it will be in beta this month.

Dan

Thanks for the update. I'm ready to preorder CC Bulbs!

LightORamaDan wrote:

As far as progress... Yes it is moving along well. My "guess" is that it will be in beta this month.

and how long does Beta testing usually take??????

and then how much longer after that?!?!?!

If more Beta Testers will speed up the process, I'll volunteer!!!!!! :)

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

and how long does Beta testing usually take??????

and then how much longer after that?!?!?!

If more Beta Testers will speed up the process, I'll volunteer!!!!!! :)

Count me in also if you need testers we are the guys :P

Thanks for the update Dan.

It sounds like it will be some months down the road then.
Which is fine, I know we are all anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Thanks again!

As for beta testers.... Count me in line too!

Dan, you have a willing beta tester here. I promise a couple of hours on it almost every night too!!!:D

You can add me to the beta tester list also...

Although, I'd assume that since it is a beta release, that users with a lincese that is upgradeable (within the year time limit) would be able to download it knowing that it's a beta and may have bugs. Then there would be a forum dedicated to posting bugs.

But what do I know... I'm a noob... :D