Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's vs Firefly

Mr Dave

and not to hijack your post but i have been looking all over where does one purchase firefly lights or get info on them as i remember there not cheap thanks for any info

Dale J wrote:

and not to hijack your post but i have been looking all over where does one purchase firefly lights or get info on them as i remember there not cheap thanks for any info

No problem. The company is "D-Light Designs". Really nice folks there, very easy to deal with. As to the Firefli's. I have had enough of them. I have 3 strings and ordered 4 more for my Christmas show. In 2 days, 3 strings went bad, and the Firefli people had run out of stock for the holidays. What a DRAG. Also, I have to run the Firefliy's on a seperate network. So I had to have my laptop on the whole time (this is common with Firefli's, it helps greatly with the sticking pixel problems, and that is a MAJOR problem in itself). Couldn't use my wireless LOR system that I paid dearly for. Anyway, thats why I was asking if the CCR's are a bright as the Firefly's. It's time to switch.

Oh yeah, the Firefli's are $169.00 a pop.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave, i think i'll stick to lor and the new CCB's or the CCR's
i just thought the fire fly lights looked pretty cool when i seen them in action

Hey Dale, they are very cool when they work right. I use them for a Tinkerbell effect in my Castle show that I set up at Disneys Fort Wilderness Campground. See for yourself.

Dave

Dale J wrote:

Thanks Dave, i think i'll stick to lor and the new CCB's or the CCR's
i just thought the fire fly lights looked pretty cool when i seen them in action

Hey Dale, what are CCB's ???

Dave

cosmic color bulbs at least i think thats what there called lor is releasing them real soon they should be like the ccr but have c7 or c9 bulbs around them they weren't sure one the bulb sise i'll try and find the link to some of the discussion they should be pretty cool also give more of the fire fly effect maybe

nice video we have never stayed at the camp site but have stayed at fort Wilderness lodge great resort nice view, what time of the year were you there

Yes the CCR is as bright as the Fireflys, if not brighter. I have 4 fireflys on arches and one CCR on my mega tree pole.

The CCR is more directional as they do not have the dome to defuse the light that the firefly have.

Hey Paul, thanks for the reply. It's had to tell from the videos is the CCR's are as bright as the Firefli's. Thanks again for the input.

Dave

the CCR and the firefli use the exact same type of LEDs, the RGB 5050 SMD LED

The difference is in the packaging. The CCR uses 3 RGB 5050 LEDs per 100mm (4inch) section and has a total of 150 RGB LEDs which are controllable over 50 individual sectionsin a 5 metre length

The firefli uses 16 domed modules spaced apart that contain either 3 or 4 5050 RGB LEDs in each dome (im not sure if its 3 or 4 LEDs)

So the reality is the LEDs themselves should be similar in output but are made in different configurations so the domes may appear to be brighter as they are also diffussed and have multiple 5050 LEDs inside each dome.

edvas69 wrote:

the CCR and the firefli use the exact same type of LEDs, the RGB 5050 SMD LED

The difference is in the packaging. The CCR uses 3 RGB 5050 LEDs per 100mm (4inch) section and has a total of 150 RGB LEDs which are controllable over 50 individual sectionsin a 5 metre length

The firefli uses 16 domed modules spaced apart that contain either 3 or 4 5050 RGB LEDs in each dome (im not sure if its 3 or 4 LEDs)

So the reality is the LEDs themselves should be similar in output but are made in different configurations so the domes may appear to be brighter as they are also diffussed and have multiple 5050 LEDs inside each dome.

The Firefly have 3 LEDs in each dome.

In my opinion the Firefli appear dimmer because of the domes.

edepinet wrote:

Hey Paul, how did you make a mega pole with i1 CCR strip.

I have two nylon strings hooked to the hook head. These two strings run down each side of the CCR. The strings are zipped tied to the CCR at each 'cut point". At the bottom I have the strings tied off in a upside down V patters so as to ensure it can't turn away from the viewers.

PC060077.jpg

PC060078.jpg

• The topic was locked