Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Controllers

SteveMaris

George, I watched your TSO video also and was wondering about the fence top. Is that CCRs or incancescents? Looks nice!

Jeff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• toddmoon

• SteveMaris

• -klb-

jbzeus wrote:

Hey George, I saw your video and noted on the left there was a CCR it looked like with a middle that "spun in" I was wondering if you wrapped a CCR that tight or cut one up?

That would be the spiral one. Here's a closer look at how it's wrapped: http://vimeo.com/14600642

The fence snake is made of 50ct blue LED's. Each segment is approximately 42" long. (That length was chosen only because that's how it fit the fencing.) There's 18 channels on each side of the house. Nice effects, but a real channel hog.

George Simmons wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:
After watching "Time" By Pink Floyd...I give....YOU THE MAN !!!!! Awsome job.. I hate to say it...Just give me a million dollars and 10 month off and I could give you a run for your money...GREAT JOB !!!!

Give ME the million dollars and you can run all you want - I'll be retiring somewhere warm with lovely senoritas to tend to my every need, and you can have my controllers AND my sequences.

Come on George, you me if you when the lottery were not gonna see some display with like 100 CCR's or i think you could do the whole neighbor hood, i do agree however with the move to warmer weather and the senoritas, have a great day and keep up the great sequencing

I agree your sequencing is awesome, good job!

I'm just scratching my head on the pink floyd songs themselves, no offense intended, just head scratching...

shakeonit wrote:

I agree your sequencing is awesome, good job!

I'm just scratching my head on the pink floyd songs themselves, no offense intended, just head scratching...

Should be Led Zeppelin right?...:P

shakeonit wrote:

You know, there are quite a number of effective potions for itchy scalp available these days - you should check with your local pharmacist.

No offense taken. But since you brought it up, what I do is a Christmas light show synchronized to music - not a Christmas music show synchronized to lights. The lights are what people come to my house to see - they can hear Christmas music anywhere.

I scratch MY head at people who run the same five or six slow boring Christmas songs over and over... I'd probably pull the plug on something like that before the fifth of December. I do music that I like. (And quite frankly, so should you.) Turns out that I like Pink Floyd more than any Christmas song I've ever heard. Plus, with 60+ songs in the rotation, I guarantee that EVERYONE will hear something they don't like.

Hey Steve - were you thinking of any particular number by Zeppelin?

That is exactly what I told my Wife. Sometimes you hear a song you love, and you get a vision of sequencing in your head.

George,
I have been thinking of doing a medley of some sort with a bunch of Zep songs, just haven't got around to it yet.
Zep to me, is Floyd to you
:cool:
(Like Floyd too)

toddmoon wrote:

were you thinking of any particular number by Zeppelin?

Been a long time since I rock and rolled? Gets my vote.
I personally like Christmas music for my Christmas lights. Adding songs every year, because I LIKE Christmas music. To each his own, right?

toddmoon wrote:

From the land of the ice and snow, I was sitting here thinking about the Immigrant Song. Lots of cool things to work with in that one. Definitely a bit more stoked than my Pink Floyd stuff...

George Simmons wrote:

shakeonit wrote:
No offense taken. But since you brought it up, what I do is a Christmas light show synchronized to music - not a Christmas music show synchronized to lights. The lights are what people come to my house to see - they can hear Christmas music anywhere.

I scratch MY head at people who run the same five or six slow boring Christmas songs over and over... I'd probably pull the plug on something like that before the fifth of December. I do music that I like. (And quite frankly, so should you.) Turns out that I like Pink Floyd more than any Christmas song I've ever heard. Plus, with 60+ songs in the rotation, I guarantee that EVERYONE will hear something they don't like.

Well I do agree with most of your points. I did synchronization for the first time last year and had 15 songs. I do like variety also, but mine is a Christmas music show synchronized to lights. I love Christmas and the message of the season, and look at it as a ministry and a way to bless people and turn their eyes and ears to Christ, the reason for the season.

I think my favorite of yours will always be Queen of the Winter Night, because of the originality of the face...

George Simmons wrote:

toddmoon wrote:

From the land of the ice and snow, I was sitting here thinking about the Immigrant Song. Lots of cool things to work with in that one. Definitely a bit more stoked than my Pink Floyd stuff...
good start but these four take me back to my youth and some pretty cool times:

1. Kashmir
2. In The Evening
3. No Quarter
4. Dazed and Confused

I personally like Christmas music for my Christmas lights. Adding songs every year, because I LIKE Christmas music. To each his own, right?

In order for me to appease my wife I run the music that I like during the first two weeks of my light show during Christmas and then more of the traditional Christmas music stuff for the two weeks leading into Christmas. The Christmas music is all of the standard stuff you will hear in the malls and other than updating the programming to accommodate channel growth I do not put near the time into it that I do my other music selections. If you are going to put that kind of time into it you have to be able to enjoy listening to it over and over again to program it.

Interesting enough I have gotten the most feedback from my most off beat selections of music wanting to know the artist and where they could get a copy of the music.

So, yes, to each there own.

toddmoon wrote:

In order for me to appease my wife I run the music that I like during the first two weeks of my light show during Christmas and then more of the traditional Christmas music stuff for the two weeks leading into Christmas. The Christmas music is all of the standard stuff you will hear in the malls and other than updating the programming to accommodate channel growth I do not put near the time into it that I do my other music selections. If you are going to put that kind of time into it you have to be able to enjoy listening to it over and over again to program it.

Interesting enough I have gotten the most feedback from my most off beat selections of music wanting to know the artist and where they could get a copy of the music.

So, yes, to each there own.
I need to get down to Blanding and see your display. I haven't been there in years.

toddmoon wrote:

Interesting enough I have gotten the most feedback from my most off beat selections of music...

Same here. Hoe Your Land by the Electric Amish, and David Seville's Witch Doctor are the leaders in my neck of the woods...

George Simmons wrote:

toddmoon wrote:
Interesting enough I have gotten the most feedback from my most off beat selections of music...

Same here.  Hoe Your Land by the Electric Amish, and David Seville's Witch Doctor are the leaders in my neck of the woods...

I am new to this, but watching my visualizer, (all I can do at this point) Popcorn by hot butter and Explosive from Bond are two I can watch over and over and over again....

SteveMaris wrote:

I am new to this, but watching my visualizer, (all I can do at this point) Popcorn by hot butter and Explosive from Bond are two I can watch over and over and over again....

Popcorn is a fun song to sequence - there's a lot to work with. The wife of an old friend insisted, er, I mean, suggested that I do it last year, although I never got it quite finished.

I know what you mean about sitting and watching the visualizer over and over. I'm that way with my favorites too. The new ones for this year I'll probably watch each of them a hundred and fifty times or more between now and setup. Helps to motivate me, or sometimes just passes the time when I need to stretch my eyes and look away from the sequencing grid for a few minutes. Only problem is it often leads to making a few tweaks, which kind of defeats the purpose of taking a break from the sequencing grid...

The sequence that I got the most feed back on was song parity of Ozzy Osborne's Iron Man song by Bob Rivers Twisted Christmas - I am Santa Clause.

I had both kids and adults that loved it.

toddmoon wrote:

The sequence that I got the most feed back on was song parity of Ozzy Osborne's Iron Man song by Bob Rivers Twisted Christmas - I am Santa Clause.

I was on the fence with that one. I think you just pushed me over. :P

SteveMaris wrote:

toddmoon wrote:

I was on the fence with that one. I think you just pushed me over. :)

Thanks guys - just what I need - one more song to sequence... I shouldn't have listened to it... another 99 cents down the drain...

Hey - where's Shakeonit? Let's see what he thinks of this one...