Light-O-Rama Forums

zip plugs and spt wire

Terry Hurrle

Terry Hurrle wrote:

Not sure if this was posted here or not but check it out. They are trying to start a group buy if enough interest is there.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?15082-SPT2-Cord-and-Slide-On...

I would be interested in both the male and female plugs and the SPT2. I would need one 1000' roll of wire and 100 each of the male and female plugs.

Is there a possibility they would add SPT 1? I may be interested, but only in SPT1. I don't really want 2 different types of wire all over my display.

xmasboy wrote:

Is there a possibility they would add SPT 1? I may be interested, but only in SPT1. I don't really want 2 different types of wire all over my display.
Doubt it. You can go to the link and ask. I had both in my display and not really noticeble. One is a bit thinner than the other.

Terry Hurrle wrote:

xmasboy wrote:
Doubt it. You can go to the link and ask. I had both in my display and not really noticeble. One is a bit thinner than the other.

It doesn't really matter to me if it's noticable, I would just prefer to keep things simple and not have all kinds of different extention cord parts laying around. I already have lots of extra STP1 plugs lying around, and I would prefer to not add SPT2 parts to the mix.

It's probably worth it though with those prices. Thanks for mentioning this!

friskybri wrote:

Wow nice price on SPT2 wire. Far cheaper price then CDI.

Not surprised. Since CDI doesn't sell SPT2 wire, only SPT3 (SPT1 with the extra UV inhibitor added)

JBullard wrote:

friskybri wrote:

Not surprised. Since CDI doesn't sell SPT2 wire, only SPT3 (SPT1 with the extra UV inhibitor added)

They had SPT-2 this year for 275.00 per thousand in the presale and 385.00 estimated in season.

Scott Cockroft wrote:

JBullard wrote:
friskybri wrote:

They had SPT-2 this year for 275.00 per thousand in the presale and 385.00 estimated in season.

Then I will stand corrected. I missed that. ('course, I only use SPT1 (3) wire.

Thank you for pointing out my error, and I apolize to friskybri for my post.

As for me, I agree with the sentiment of keeping only one size of parts for cords. And I also use Paul's "spt3". But you can't help look twice at the price savings and say "hmmmmm". No reason why there can't be a group buy for spt1/3 at some point in the future. I think it's worth ALL our while to keep track of how this goes. As long as people don't start getting greedy, I think group buys (aka: buying co-op) is a great way to go and could be of benefit to almost every one of us.