Light-O-Rama Forums

Load Resistors for LED's

James Shelby

Yes it was liquid tape I found at ACE Hardware. The only colors they had was red, white and black. Lowes only had black. I used two coats and I was very impressed with the product. I don't think I'll have any problems with them coming apart, I took a piece of copper wire and laced each resistor to the one next to it, also it made it easier to solder. I'll start working on the PC cards next week, I think I've found a cool way to do those too.

Attached files 237669=12956-DSC04639.JPG

That's what I thought.

I started out using it for my O gauge train layout wiring, and expanded it to include some of my outside decorations where space was tight, and using electrical tape/heat shrink was not practical.

I didn't know Ace caried a variety of colors. I'll pick up some red, as that works perfect for the red/black wiring for the layouts bus wiring.

Thanks!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

James Shelby wrote:

Here is what it looks like when I'm done.

What ohm resistor and wattage are you using? Does different ohms give you different results?

scubado wrote:

James Shelby wrote:
Here is what it looks like when I'm done.

What ohm resistor and wattage are you using? Does different ohms give you different results?

47K, 1/2 watt will work fine. The resistance values are not critical. Essentially you want a load on the circuit.

Greg