Light-O-Rama Forums

you know you've been sequencing too much when...

Guest guest

...your alarm, which happens to be your phone that has a stupid little song as a ring tone, goes off and in your sleepy morning haze you start imagining the LOR grid with ramps, lines and taps that would go with the song.

i kid you not, that's how i woke up this morning!

it was too funny, i just had to share with folks who would understand...

joules

Somtimes I pre-view my sequences AS my alarm. Like if I sequence 1 min of a song I schedual it to play in the morning. The lights do their thing, then I imagine the rest. Then I sit down a sequence away. Yes, that is what happens when you sequence too much!

--Daniel L

You know you've been sequencing too much when you listen to the radio and you no longer hear the words, just how the lights on your house would be flashing to the music. When the song finally ends, you realize that you need something else in your display.

• 2 weeks later...

You know you've been sequencing too much when:

You carry your laptop and external drive (with sequence & audio files) everywhere you go and if it's not whith in your view, it's panic city :shock:. :]

Tom

DownTown wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
You know you've been sequencing too much when:...

you start thinking that the preview screen actually looks much better than the real thing outside...

:shock: What, you mean the preview screen is not supposed to look better than the real thing? :laughing:

When you look at your commanders computer screen where she has the flying schedule up and it looks just like the LOR sequence screen. Then you tell her that and get that "I think I need to send you to the mental health folks" look from her.
:P

you know you've been sequencing too much when...

You take your laptop with you when you substitute teach and every opportunity you have you work on a second here and there because you "need to." Also, while subing, when the students are doing their work, you are doing "your work."

You know you've been sequincing to much when as soon as you hear a song you finger starts tapping as if there was a mouse there.

You know you've been sequincing to long when you actually can listen to a 15 second section of a song in your head over and over again.

Daniel wrote:

Somtimes I pre-view my sequences AS my alarm. Like if I sequence 1 min of a song I schedual it to play in the morning. The lights do their thing, then I imagine the rest. Then I sit down a sequence away. Yes, that is what happens when you sequence too much!

I've done this: Sit down at 10:30 PM and think you are going to spend only an hour before bed sequencing a song... but before you know it... your alarm goes off at 7 AM in morning and you suddenly realize you lost all track of time and forgot to get any sleep - and you got a first thing in morning meeting with boss today.