Light-O-Rama Forums

Install problems

Guest guest

I have already done this and it still doesn't work. I have tried it on two computers and they both are having the same problem. Unknown USB Device found. It doesn't even give me the option to install the device drivers. I had already done it previously and then i was going to reinstall the drivers and it doesn't give me the option anymore. I even went to add new hardware and the computer stated that it couldn't find any new hardware changes. I am assuming that the adapter went bad. I am going to try and call LOR today and see if they can rush me out a new adapter. I have only used this one once and now it doesn't work. I believe that the wiring might be lose on the inside. When moving the wire, it looks like the device is disconnected and then i move it another way and it is connected again. I hope that they can get me another one before thanksgiving. : (

Thanks,

Steven

Crazyboy01 wrote:

I have already done this and it still doesn't work. I have tried it on two computers and they both are having the same problem. Unknown USB Device found. It doesn't even give me the option to install the device drivers. I had already done it previously and then i was going to reinstall the drivers and it doesn't give me the option anymore. I even went to add new hardware and the computer stated that it couldn't find any new hardware changes. I am assuming that the adapter went bad. I am going to try and call LOR today and see if they can rush me out a new adapter. I have only used this one once and now it doesn't work. I believe that the wiring might be lose on the inside. When moving the wire, it looks like the device is disconnected and then i move it another way and it is connected again. I hope that they can get me another one before thanksgiving. : (

The following link installs the software for the USB adapter without the adapter plugged into the computer. This is new stuff from FTDI -- leave the adapter disconnected and run this executable if you have a Win XP system:

http://www.ftdichip.com -> Drivers -> VCP -> Windows XP section (second one, not the Windows XP X64) all the way on the right --> "installation executable" click this link and run the program.

I did what LORJOHN said and then everything started working. I was able to run the show for 3 days. Now today the show was supposed to start. Nothing is comming on. I checked the computer and it is giving me the error again. I went to the website you mentioned above and re-downloaded the ft cleaner program. Now that program doesn't even work. I put 6001 in the hex box and press clean. It asks me if i have all ft devices disconnected. I do, So i click Yes. Then it asks me if i am sure. I say yes. Then another box pops up and says "Are you sure that you want to cancel? I say no, and a dialog box pops up that says "File Access Denied". I am on the administrator account on this computer. So now i can't even uninstall the drivers again. So now i am stuck. I have restarted the computer and tried everything again. I keep on getting the same error. I hope that someone can help me. I am guessing that my adapter is causing these errors. But i cannot confirm it.

Hopefully DAN from LOR will read this.

Thanks,

Steven

I am really bummed. I am still having usb adapter problems. I have e-mailed dan and also support at lightorama.com. no one has responded and my display has been down for four days already. I just do not know what to do in order to get the show back up and running. : ( If anyone has any idea's that i should try out, please let me know.

Thanks,
Steven

Crazyboy01 wrote:

I am really bummed. I am still having usb adapter problems. I have e-mailed dan and also support at lightorama.com. no one has responded and my display has been down for four days already. I just do not know what to do in order to get the show back up and running. : ( If anyone has any idea's that i should try out, please let me know.

Are you plugging other USB devices into this computer. The chip set we use is used by many others, it is possible that other USB devices are stepping on our configuration. In any event, you could try re-running the install:
Win XP procedure: http://www.ftdichip.com -> Drivers -> VCP -> Windows XP section (second one, not the Windows XP X64) all the way on the right --> "installation executable" click this link and run the program.

The only other usb device that is connected is a USB mouse and a battery backup device. I will try again tonight and see if that will fix it. I will unplug the battery. I can't unplug the mouse, well maybe i will see if i can find the ps2 converter that came with the mouse. Who knows, maybe that will fix it.

I will let you know if everything starts to work.

Thanks John!

• 2 weeks later...

mikid wrote:

im having a problem with my lor not refreshing and finding the units could someone help,thanks

You posted this in a thread about USB. Do you have a USB485 or USB485B? If it is a USB485B then are you using a newer version of the Hardware Utility, a version that has 5 tabs at the top including a MP3 tab?