• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• cenote

• ace_master

• jem5136

Denise Brunner wrote:

He is being very quiet on this one!!!

nah...he's just taking a break from the popcorn eating events around here.

I believe last year Dan said that you would have a choice of using the new or old visualizer as I was thinking the better the visualizer may require a more powerful computer to run it than my old laptop had. At least thats is what I seem to remember.

And I'm actually quite happy with the current visualizer. I'd like spatial options added, so effects can utilize LEFT -> CENTER -> RIGHT and be "color smart" ... like know how to take all the REDs, GReens or Clears , etc. I'd also be happy if I could move an item (or group of items) around without having to redraw them. If I had all that in the new one, I'd be real happy.

I wouldn't personally invest time in a whole redesign right now, unless you pretty happy with the existing visualizer ... because I have a feeling the answer Dan will give ... is "it depends" ... to some extent. I think having an option of old vs. new would be nice and probably mandatory the first year.

Guest Don Gillespie

The sooner we get an answer the sooner I can start my drawing for this years show I know what I want it to look like but am waiting for anything new I usaully wait untill the end Feb then I just go ahead with the original plans that way it gives me a lot of time to copy and paste and sequence my medley for this year.

So what do you say Dan any word yet :D:D

Found this:

This visualizer will be released early next year. The visualizer allows you to create multi channel objects such as arches, trees, etc. drag them around, layer them so that one appears in front of another, etc... Supports macros, sub sequence activity, etc…

taybrynn wrote:

Found this:

This visualizer will be released early next year. The visualizer allows you to create multi channel objects such as arches, trees, etc. drag them around, layer them so that one appears in front of another, etc... Supports macros, sub sequence activity, etc…

I searched for the post...

For reference.. that post was made on Dec 23rd, 2010. Here is the link:
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=25276&forum_id=81&jump_to=230294#p230294

Jeff Millard wrote:

I'm hoping we'll still be able to use them little dots. I already drew them for this year. Beta means I'll have to re-draw them to rest the new stuff anyway... I hope it isn't too long before we get to test it.

Jeff

OK, I have seen some of the visualizations that have those "little dots" but my visualizer looks like an ATARI.:X Is that a Beta version or do I need an upgrade?

I am running LOR Sequence Editor v2.8.12 Advanced

NickByrd wrote:

OK, I have seen some of the visualizations that have those "little dots" but my visualizer looks like an ATARI.:X Is that a Beta version or do I need an upgrade?

What you need is to bring everything to scale and then draw in more detail. If you don't have a picture of your house/yard that you're using as a template it might be best to just start over. With the new visualizer somewhere on the way I'd wait. If you want to check out a non-Atari visualizer go here and play a sequence:

http://vimeo.com/channels/164087

George Simmons wrote:

NickByrd wrote:

What you need is to bring everything to scale and then draw in more detail. If you don't have a picture of your house/yard that you're using as a template it might be best to just start over. With the new visualizer somewhere on the way I'd wait. If you want to check out a non-Atari visualizer go here and play a sequence:

http://vimeo.com/channels/164087

George that looks great!

That is what I need from a visualization. I was thinking about HLD for a visualization but if LOR can do that, I'll be great.

Here is my sad visualization.:)

Attached files 235929=12880-visualization.png

Heck, that doesn't suck too bad... :)

Much better than many I've seen, that's for sure. I could sequence to that.

I have nothing pro or con regarding HLD. That's up to you. But I'm comfortable with what I can do with LOR's software and if they're making it even better, I'm happy to spend my money on more controllers rather than more software.

I'll second that it is a very servicible animation window. As for getting higher resolutions, unless something has changed, that has been possible for at least a year, maybe nearly two.. But there is a trick to it. If you don't have a photo, it limits you to a fairly small resolution. If you have a photo, (or even a blank JPEG) when you select the photo, you have the option of making the grid denser, or looser with a couple of buttons. If you start with an immage smaller than your screen resolution, then click up two or three times, you can get a really dense grid. It will give you a warning that looks like you can't actually do it, but so far, I have always been able to. Then, if you don't want the background immage, you can always remove it.

I find that I like having the background immage when I am drawing things, and prefer not to have it when sequencing..

Thanks guys... All along I though that I was just being lazy to not clean things up in the visualizer. I am going to try importing the image of my house or just black. I think the idea of a shot of the house to the rear of the visualizer would make things more difficult to sequence for sure.

I don't even have street lights, so when I turn off all the lights, I get a PITCH BLACK effect that is pretty strong...

My issue was with the big block resolution, there are places that things were getting kinda tight (especially with the add ons for next year) and smaller blocks in the visualizer would surely help.

Thanks again...:D

I use Paint, which comes on every computer running windows, and just make a black picture to get a better grid. It works really well.

jem5136 wrote:

I use Paint, which comes on every computer running windows, and just make a black picture to get a better grid. It works really well.

Will you please explain your process in a little more detail? Thanks!

Melvin Stoddard wrote:

George, really cool. One question how big is your grid, i mean how many rows and columns?

Mine is 144 rows x 320 columns.