Light-O-Rama Forums

PLanet Monkman Custom Built Sequences

nmonkman

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to be sure and get this post up EARLY so as many people as possible can get on the list. To Encourage everyone to order early enough, I am offering my custom built sequencing for a special price. Normally it starts at 40-50 for 3 minutes and goes as high as $150 depending on the number of channels.

For a limited time I will sequence up to 304 channels and have extended the time limit from 3 minutes to 5 minutes. This is any song of your choosing. If you have the MP3 file you can send it to me or I can purchase on YOUR behalf for an additional $1.

The pricing is $50 per song.

This is a fantastic savings. Additionally for orders of 5 or more sequences, I will drop the price to $40 each.

Everyone is advised to hurry in order to ensure that you reserve a spot on the list so you can get your sequences in a timely manner. When you get to the site you are encouraged to read exactly how we fill orders. Bottom line, the sooner you get on the list the better your chances of getting your sequences for the current year.

Click the link to get started www.webstore.planetmonkman.com

There is contact information on the website. You are better off using that to contact me. I spend so much time sequencing, I dont get here as much as I would like to.

Thanks,

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• evan.a

• jem5136

• Paul Roberson

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood why anyone would charge to do any sequencing or give a class for money. I know for myself, it's not as hard as everyone thinks it is. I myself have always shared alot of my stuff, never asking for anything in return.
At the last mini, I gave Mountainman (Willams) a flashdrive with all my sequences. over 70 started or done. We even spoke about the next mini I'ld show how I do my sequences. might even go to the phillie mini.

same goes for advice, a lot of newbiees ask alot of questions. I don't think I've ever seen a member say "I'll give you the answer, but it'll cost you..."

Maybe we should start charging people to see our display. Or think of the reason why we do this.
The time spent sequencing, setting up, and the take down. putting everything away for the next season.. how much is that worth?

just my thoughts. I just can't see why anyone would pay to do what I or we love to do.

evana wrote:

I've never understood why anyone would charge to do any sequencing or give a class for money. I know for myself, it's not as hard as everyone thinks it is. I myself have always shared alot of my stuff, never asking for anything in return.
 At the last mini, I gave Mountainman (Willams) a flashdrive with all my sequences. over 70 started or done.  We even spoke about the next mini I'ld show how I do my sequences. might even go to the phillie mini.

same goes for advice, a lot of newbiees ask alot of questions. I don't think I've ever seen a member say "I'll give you the answer, but it'll cost you..."

Maybe we should start charging people to see our display. Or think of the reason why we do this.
The time spent sequencing, setting up, and the take down. putting everything away for the next season.. how much is that worth?

just my thoughts. I just can't see why anyone would pay to do what I or we love to do.

As a fellow sequencer (like nmonkman) I charge people to sync their lights. I do it because there are a lot of people that don't understand the software, but still want a show and there are a lot of people that get the software and hardware around Aug. and they don't learn the software or don't have the time to sync a show. Thats why there are people that charge to sequence.
I try to keep my prices low enough that I make a little spending money or some money to pay for gas for my car(its a gas sucker). And I like sequencing. Being 16, everyone tells me I need to get a job doing something I like, and I like syncing, and its a job to me. I'm not getting rich off of it, and if someone asked me how to do something in a software, I'll tell them the answer without making them pay for it. And if someone wants to see my sequences I've done, then by all means, I'll let them see whatever they want. They can use whatever they want, they just have to ask.

Guest wbottomley

evana wrote:

I've never understood why anyone would charge to do any sequencing or give a class for money. I know for myself, it's not as hard as everyone thinks it is. I myself have always shared alot of my stuff, never asking for anything in return.
 At the last mini, I gave Mountainman (Willams) a flashdrive with all my sequences. over 70 started or done.  We even spoke about the next mini I'ld show how I do my sequences. might even go to the phillie mini.

Maybe we should start charging people to see our display. Or think of the reason why we do this.
The time spent sequencing, setting up, and the take down. putting everything away for the next season.. how much is that worth?

just my thoughts. I just can't see why anyone would pay to do what I or we love to do.

Oh yea. Evan passed along 1.3gb worth of files.

I even uploaded them to my server, gave Evan the link, then he pass them along to anyone he wishes.

Evan, I will publicly say "Thank You" for them. I used a couple in this year's display.

Here's one of them:

evana wrote:

I've never understood why anyone would charge to do any sequencing or give a class for money.

That is true for everything in this world evana. How can you not understand the opportunity to make money or buy relief on your timeline? Offering a service does not compel anyone to buy it. We each decide on our own if we like the value of something offered. Personally, I have a lot less time than I do money. I buy controllers & transmitters already assembled. And I never hire the lowest bidder. In fact I tell contractors they don't charge enough.

Since you are now doing personalized to each layout sequencing for anyone who walks up for free, what is your website and email so I can check you out?

I posted this song on LOR before. It has been downloaded 69 times without a single person saying thank you. Regardless, here it is again. I believe that sequences should be plentiful and free. I routinely give my sequences to the TASL group in Raleigh.

If I could, I would give you the music too. However, you can download the mp3 for 99 cents here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00138AJFY/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk7?ie=UTF8&qid=1226847236&sr=8-2

All is Well by Michael Smith
Merry Christmas.
Al
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=9355

I do it because this is the USA and it is called free enterprise.

It kinda goes along with the desire to be a complete idiot, if you choose.

I sequence for people that simply want a animated show and dont have the time, patience or skills to do it themselves. If they wanted to learn it, they would not come to me or others that sell sequences.

What you are forgetting about the sequences that you are posting here is that they STILL have to be configured to ones own channel lay out.

Why I do it or why people pay me to do it is really none of your business. Regardless of the number of "free" sequences out there, people still come to me.

Oh yeah, lets not forget the lousy caliber of most (not all) the free sequences out there. None of them are near the level of detail of mine or others who do it professionally.

Go ahead and post away, I will still have my customers coming to me.

Al, I've never got a thank you for sharing or even posting my sequence(maybe in pm). It never bothered me. I've always gave thing away. So for all the newbies, search the forum. you can find alot of sequences for free here.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Thank you Al! In fact, Thank you again! There, 2 times in one day.

Jeff

No thank you.

As you mentioned earlier, ChristmasCarolina.com has links to tons of good sequences by talented people. As a matter of fact, I cut my teeth on this stuff by studying free sequences. Open source or go home.
Al

Robin wrote:

Does anyone have Wizards in Winter? Or is it Wizards of Winter?

I have a few different ones. How many channels are you lookin for?