Light-O-Rama Forums

Tap! Bug

Guest guest

Unchecking the box marked "Use a Countdown" does not get rid of the countdown in the tapper wizard.

I'm using the freeware editor version 1.4.0.

My sequence has a silent beginning, so I didn't need the countdown. But lo and behold, the countdown still happened when I unchecked the box!

Edit: While I'm at it, I also noticed the Tap Wizard resets settings to default every time it's opened. Would be nice if it would keep the settings from the last use.

Edit II: And the option to start anywhere in the song using the Tap Wizard.

I hope your programmer is a hearty fella with all these suggestions rolling in!

I've also discovered a problem that keeps me from using the tapper.

First I set up event times using the tapper. Then I started programming the sequence. If I play it from the beginning, everything is in sync. If I play only the visible screen it is no longer in sync.

Dwight_Gleason wrote:

First I set up event times using the tapper. Then I started programming the sequence. If I play it from the beginning, everything is in sync. If I play only the visible screen it is no longer in sync.
This is usually caused by MP3 that are encoded as variable bit rate. If you can find some software to convert the MP3s to fixed bit rate then you should not have that problem. (When LOR tells Windows Media Player to start a position other than the starting point in a MP3 that is not fixed rate then it appears to make a best guess at that location which would not matter much in most applications but it does not work well for us)...

LightORama wrote:

Dwight_Gleason wrote:

This is usually caused by MP3 that are encoded as variable bit rate. If you can find some software to convert the MP3s to fixed bit rate then you should not have that problem. (When LOR tells Windows Media Player to start a position other than the starting point in a MP3 that is not fixed rate then it appears to make a best guess at that location which would not matter much in most applications but it does not work well for us)...

Thanks Dan.

I remembered that discussion about variable bit rate, and as far as I could tell they weren't variable. I don't remember where I got the information, but I believe the songs were 128 bps. It was either iTunes or GoldWave where I found the bitrate. Is it possible that they were only showing me the initial bit-rate?

What's the best way to determine the bitrate of a sound file?

It didn't affect me too much, because as I mentioned back at Halloween, I discovered that I'm a terrible tapper. lol