Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimswinder

LOR Prices for NEW Items

Recommended Posts

Guest Don Gillespie

heystew wrote:

The pixel controller connects to your LOR Network, just like any other controller (CTB16, etc). No channels from your existing controllers are used.

Here's a quick snapshot of LOR S2 setup with 7 RGB pixels.
Each pixel is represented by a single row in the sequencer, but can be expanded to show the 3 channels that make up that pixel. In the below picture, Pixels 7 has been expanded to show the 3 channels that make it up.

S2RGB.jpg

This makes perfect sense now I see how it operates I have never used the CCR'S or the CCB'S before this clears up a lot of questions for me thank you I also like the way it can connect to the LOR controller via the Cat5 cable should produce a whole different look to any display

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, don't forget the CCB's and CCR's have macro's in them. So for example, if you wanted to control all 50 (or 100) bulbs individually you would need that many RGB channels in the sequence. However you can use macro's to use the preset programs within the CCB's or CCR's to create different effects with only needing a few channels. Makes life a little easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:


I would hope after seeing most of the comments on this thread that they would know that majority of us would prefer the smaller bulbs...


Carefull with the logic there.. Those with preference to smaller bulbs have reason to reply to the thread. Those who are happy with the idea of C9 format, have no reason to respond, and are thus not represented at the same percentage as those who would like the smaller format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

When we had those prototypes built I was not 100% happy with them but they worked. I think it was 500 strings but but it could have been 1000...

Dan

Would they possibly be for sale at a reduced rate and no warranty?????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I bought 4 sets of 100 c9 strings and 8 strings of 100 small bulb strings + 4 floods and 244 channels of LOR could I get a discount?;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John2571 wrote:

If I bought 4 sets of 100 c9 strings and 8 strings of 100 small bulb strings + 4 floods and 244 channels of LOR could I get a discount?;)


Why should YOU get a discount? Are you different from the rest of us that also make large orders?

Buy them on sale, and call that your discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I phrased it wrong.;) Durring the feb./march sale will the 100 count sets be priced at 200$ or will they be priced lower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prices will be announced in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest wbottomley

John2571 wrote:

Sorry I phrased it wrong.;) Durring the feb./march sale will the 100 count sets be priced at 200$ or will they be priced lower?


Read Dan's earlier response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John2571 wrote:

Sorry I phrased it wrong.:) Durring the feb./march sale will the 100 count sets be priced at 200$ or will they be priced lower?


The prices quoted were retail prices... When on sale they will be less.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

Hello,

We do not have firm prices yet for the CCBs but we do have ball park retail prices. First a description of the CCB...

The CCB will use power line communication. That means that it will not need a data cable going to it but only a power cord plug and the data will go over the power line using regular extension cords. So for a mega tree you could run a single power cord and use in-line vampire plugs around the bottom of a tree and just plug the CCBs into it. Regular data cable control will also be included.

The CCB bulb will be molded to look like a C9 Christmas Light (molds are currently being produced and we will provide pictures as soon as possible)...

The CCB comes in strings of 50 bulbs with 8" spacing. The CCB controller will accept 1 or 2 strings of CCB bulbs. The CCB will be sold in 50 and 100 bulb sets. The set includes the controller with internal power supply and one or two sets of bulbs.

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

------

The Cosmic Color Flood will come with a controller/power supply in weather resistant enclosure. The flood heads will be in sealed aluminum enclosures with mounting brackets, sealed cables with sealed connectors run back to the controller. The controller is a 6 channel, constant current driver that can handle one or two heads.

If you purchase the two head package, it will run about $149 per head, this includes cables, enclosures, flood heads, constant current driver, outdoor power supply. A single head package will be about $199


Dan




On the 2 head package will each flood head be independantly controlled or will both heads just mirror each others effects? When will these be offered in a sale (approximately). I assume they won't be in the clearance sale which is usually in Feb/March. Any ballpark sale prices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan said in his description:

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

Looks like they will be in the sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denis Chaput wrote:



Dan said in his description:

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

Looks like they will be in the sale.

I think Keith was looking for the price of the floods and IF they would be on sale...not the CCB's...

Which Dan said:

If you purchase the two head package, it will run about $149 per head, this includes cables, enclosures, flood heads, constant current driver, outdoor power supply. A single head package will be about $199

Dan did not mention if the Floods would be on sale...but he did mention the CCB's would be on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:

Denis Chaput wrote:


Dan said in his description:

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

Looks like they will be in the sale.

I think Keith was looking for the price of the floods..not the CCB's...

And the regular price for the floods is at the bottom of Dan's post also. As far as when they will be on sale...only Dan and crew knows those prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independantly. This was a question for Dan. I didn't wan't to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith,

here is your answer.

LightORamaDan wrote:


The prices quoted were retail prices... When on sale they will be less.

Dan


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith Adams wrote:

Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independantly. This was a question for Dan. I didn't wan't to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.

It was described as a 6 channel controller. That would imply separate control of each head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-klb- wrote:

Keith Adams wrote:
Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independently. This was a question for Dan. I didn't want to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.

It was described as a 6 channel controller. That would imply separate control of each head.


That is a good question..

My guess would be that 2 heads connected to one controller would both operate the same and the extra 3 channels are for effects but having the option of independent control would be really nice!

This past year I used high power RGB/LED outdoor floods that are DMX controlled and they have the option of 6 channel control, channels 1-3 for RGB, channel 4 for intensity, channel 5 for speed, and channel 6 for effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a lor controller. Effects are directly applied to the channels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith Adams wrote:

Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independantly. This was a question for Dan. I didn't wan't to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.



Floods are 5 channels per head for a total of 10 chans on controller.

Flood1 -- R=chan1, G=2, B=3, OnTime=4, OffTime=5

F2 -- R6, G7, B8, On9, Off10

The following may change:

On time is 8.33ms to 83.3ms

Off time is 8.33ms to about 4s

On & off times are used to create strobe effects.

I may allow F2 to be slaved to F1 if F2's off time is 100% but on time is 0%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaJohn wrote:

The following may change:

On time is 8.33ms to 83.3ms

Off time is 8.33ms to about 4s

I may allow F2 to be slaved to F1 if F2's off time is 100% but on time is 0%.

Can someone explain to this RGB newbie what the On and Off times are for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can read if you want to make a strobe effect you can control how long your on time and off time between flashes.

Anybody can jump in and enlighten us if this isn't exactly what I understand it to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read it the same way. Strobe effects configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-klb- wrote:

Strobe effects configuration.

ahhhh...cool!!

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...