• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• ace_master

• ItsMeBobO

LightORamaDan wrote:

Hello,

We do not have firm prices yet for the CCBs but we do have ball park retail prices. First a description of the CCB...

The CCB will use power line communication. That means that it will not need a data cable going to it but only a power cord plug and the data will go over the power line using regular extension cords. So for a mega tree you could run a single power cord and use in-line vampire plugs around the bottom of a tree and just plug the CCBs into it. Regular data cable control will also be included.

The CCB bulb will be molded to look like a C9 Christmas Light (molds are currently being produced and we will provide pictures as soon as possible)...

The CCB comes in strings of 50 bulbs with 8" spacing. The CCB controller will accept 1 or 2 strings of CCB bulbs. The CCB will be sold in 50 and 100 bulb sets. The set includes the controller with internal power supply and one or two sets of bulbs.

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

------

The Cosmic Color Flood will come with a controller/power supply in weather resistant enclosure. The flood heads will be in sealed aluminum enclosures with mounting brackets, sealed cables with sealed connectors run back to the controller. The controller is a 6 channel, constant current driver that can handle one or two heads.

If you purchase the two head package, it will run about $149 per head, this includes cables, enclosures, flood heads, constant current driver, outdoor power supply. A single head package will be about $199

Dan

On the 2 head package will each flood head be independantly controlled or will both heads just mirror each others effects? When will these be offered in a sale (approximately). I assume they won't be in the clearance sale which is usually in Feb/March. Any ballpark sale prices?

Dan said in his description:

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

Looks like they will be in the sale.

Denis Chaput wrote:

I think Keith was looking for the price of the floods and IF they would be on sale...not the CCB's...

Which Dan said:

If you purchase the two head package, it will run about $149 per head, this includes cables, enclosures, flood heads, constant current driver, outdoor power supply. A single head package will be about $199

Dan did not mention if the Floods would be on sale...but he did mention the CCB's would be on sale.

jimswinder wrote:

Denis Chaput wrote:

I think Keith was looking for the price of the floods..not the CCB's...

And the regular price for the floods is at the bottom of Dan's post also. As far as when they will be on sale...only Dan and crew knows those prices.

Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independantly. This was a question for Dan. I didn't wan't to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.

Keith Adams wrote:

Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independantly. This was a question for Dan. I didn't wan't to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.

It was described as a 6 channel controller. That would imply separate control of each head.

-klb- wrote:

Keith Adams wrote:
Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independently. This was a question for Dan. I didn't want to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.

It was described as a 6 channel controller. That would imply separate control of each head.

That is a good question..

My guess would be that 2 heads connected to one controller would both operate the same and the extra 3 channels are for effects but having the option of independent control would be really nice!

This past year I used high power RGB/LED outdoor floods that are DMX controlled and they have the option of 6 channel control, channels 1-3 for RGB, channel 4 for intensity, channel 5 for speed, and channel 6 for effects.

Keith Adams wrote:

Yes I was asking when and if the CCF's were going to be on sale and if he had a ballpark numer if they were going to be on sale. And if the 2 head package only meant both floods would only turn on at the same time or if each head could be controlled independantly. This was a question for Dan. I didn't wan't to bother him with a PM as I am sure he is busy right now.

Floods are 5 channels per head for a total of 10 chans on controller.

Flood1 -- R=chan1, G=2, B=3, OnTime=4, OffTime=5

F2 -- R6, G7, B8, On9, Off10

The following may change:

On time is 8.33ms to 83.3ms

Off time is 8.33ms to about 4s

On & off times are used to create strobe effects.

I may allow F2 to be slaved to F1 if F2's off time is 100% but on time is 0%.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Can someone explain to this RGB newbie what the On and Off times are for?

From what I can read if you want to make a strobe effect you can control how long your on time and off time between flashes.

Anybody can jump in and enlighten us if this isn't exactly what I understand it to be

Jim

If you can find an earlier answer from ITSmeBOBO he has a tool on the bottom of his signature called the maestro macro you can download and play gives you an idea how to set up your CCR or CCB I assume

LightORamaJohn wrote:

I may allow F2 to be slaved to F1 if F2's off time is 100% but on time is 0%.

This is a little confusing to me. But I think I can relate it to the CCR controller a little.
The 8.33ms to 83.3ms numbers are the same on the CCR but are set using macro mode channels 153 & 154 from 0 to 100. The big difference is on the CCR there is a macro mode setting for strobe effect which LOR John did not list in his run down as a channel.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Keith Adams wrote:

So basically they are independantly controlled. Not sure I understand the need for the On and Off channels as I would think the sequence would control that. I guess no eta as to what month these may be available or go on sale or a ballpark price. Nice to know I could control them separately though.

Sorry for the lack of clarity on the On/Off times. These are to create a strobing effect. They should be left at 0% for normal operation.

They are built into the controller because it would be difficult/impossible to create very short duration bursts consistently using the LOR or DMX protocols.

Effects like lightening can make use of varying brightness and very short to longer pulses to achieve realism.

I'm sure we'll be adjusting the firmware to get it where people want it to be.

Do we have any more info on the Cosmic Color Bulb sizes and string lengths?

- Will there be another smaller size than the C9 bulbs?
- Will the smaller bulbs be 4" spacing and 16ft lengths?
- How much lower of a price should we expect on the smaller bulbs, compared to the C9's? (Assuming that a 100 count (2 string) C9 will be around $200 regular price.)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has a lot of decision making to do this week before vendors pre-sale prices are over.