Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Prices for NEW Items

jimswinder

LightORamaDan wrote:

If we do decide to go with both form factors (big and small) the will be made available at the same time so you will not need to wait on one or the other. We will make the the decision on the small bulbs in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

With the 100 bulb package the controller will be in the middle. All 100 bulbs will be individually addressable.

The CCR and the CRB both have their places. the same way that rope light and mini lights were used for different effects.

I do not recall the exact length of the cords on the floods but I think they can be spaced about 30' apart.

Thanks Dan for the quick response...and "working" during your much deserved time off...

For me and apparently a lot others this is GREAT news!!!!

This is why we LOVE you and LOR!!!!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• ace_master

• ItsMeBobO

Mountainwxman wrote:

I know you don't have many details... but could they come in 4" spacing?

And, what chip are you using to control them?

Thanks a million!

Not sure what chip they use. If we go with the smaller bulb it could have 4 inch spacing.

Dan

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
I know you don't have many details... but could they come in 4" spacing?

And, what chip are you using to control them?

Thanks a million!

Not sure what chip they use. If we go with the smaller bulb it could have 4 inch spacing.

Dan

Thanks a million!

garyfunk wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
I really want to see the brightness of CCBs. are they made of three tricolored LEDs like the CCR?

Is this correct? The CCR uses tri-color LEDs? I thought it used three (red, green and a blue) LEDs.

The CCR use tri color (RGB) LEDs. Each pixel has 3 of the RGB leds so each pixel really has 9 leds junctions... So the CCR has 150 RGB LEDs on it!

Dan

I will chime in with my 2 cents. I would prefer smaller bulbs also. 8 inch spacing seems a bit large. I have some 3 year old 5MM LED's on my roof and house with 6 inch spacing that I am very pleased with and would consider replacing. My mental conquest to do more and better resists changing these to an 8 inch spacing. I wonder how many react with the thought, will 8 inch spacing look as good as the 4 inch spacing I now use? I do understand the consideration between cost and linear feet of coverage, so I would request the 6 inch spacing. Also, 4 inch spacing would work better for string length around my windows.............so tighter spacing , though more expensive per foot, would work better for me. No matter what the final product is, I will be using them.

Steve

I could go for a 5" spacing... would actually work perfectly for the dimensions of what I have planned... but then Id have to buy twice as many strings.

I suggest to LOR that they have different versions of this product.

A C9 would look really good along the house, but a C6/7 would look much better in certain parts of my display.
[line]Maybe they can have a 8" of each size bulb and a 5" of each size bulb? and price accordingly?

Would that be too hard to manage Dan?
Anyone with me on having options?

I think they should go with "standards" already in place...

4" for the smaller bulbs and 6" for the C9's...

but they have never listened to me before! LOL

So on second thought..I think they SHOULD be 8" spacing for BOTH sizes!!! :)

jimswinder wrote:

I think they should go with "standards" already in place...

4" for the smaller bulbs and 6" for the C9's...

but they have never listened to me before! LOL
Although it screws up my plans a little... I'm with you on those options

ItsMeBobO wrote:

This development prototype picture was posted in http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum89/24338.html
Seems like we are talking about the entire clear part which encloses the chip, and the dome on the tip being all one piece.
attachment.php?id=12317

or will they be like normal LED's...a plastic bulb OVER those clear parts? I have broken off a few of my LED bulbs...without EVER breaking out the LED (since they are not one piece)..so they still work just fine

While we're wishing, it would be nice have a cheaper alternative (of the smaller bulbs :)) that just controlled the RGB mix on a full string (or two).

I'd like to be able to put just one string of lights on each of our eight bushes and choose any color for the whole bush. It might be neat to be able to do spirals up and down the bushes. But I don't really see much benefit to it.

rwertz wrote:

I'd like to be able to put just one string of lights on each of our eight bushes and choose any color for the whole bush.

Why wouldn't you be able to do that?

As I understand it, these have the full capabilities of the CCR where you can choose how many pixels they run as. So you can set the whole string as a single RGB channel.

jimswinder wrote:

rwertz wrote:
I'd like to be able to put just one string of lights on each of our eight bushes and choose any color for the whole bush.

I think he's referring to the cost of the CCB strings... he doesn't need the control over each individual bulb and wishes for just an RGB string.

I could go for some of those as well as the CCBs, but they would have to be pretty darn cheap for me to convert my display... maybe $30/string?

jimswinder wrote:

rwertz wrote:

I could easily do that with the CCB. But it would cost $400 per bush. I'm not sure that feature is worth $3,200. I could probably justify $1,000 to $1,500.

And by justify, I mean justify to the wife :)

rwertz wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
rwertz wrote:

I could easily do that with the CCB. But it would cost $400 per bush. I'm not sure that feature is worth $3,200. I could probably justify $1,000 to $1,500.

you also have to consider the "Channel Savings"...

jimswinder wrote:

rwertz wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
rwertz wrote:

you also have to consider the "Channel Savings"...

I think rwertz is talking about cost savings using a controller with channels like the flood will have. Only 2 sets of 3 channels, Controlling all the bulbs at once. Each bulb would have the same color and intensity like the flood will. This would not be for chasing or multi color at the some time. I like the idea rwertz!