Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Prices for NEW Items

jimswinder

Guest wbottomley

Don Gillespie wrote:

OK I might be out to lunch here exactly how many channels on an LOR controller will be required to work the CCB's lets just use a 50 count string for easy calculations that way I will understand this a little better.

Don, I have no idea what you are looking for... but, 1 pixel is 3 channels. So multiply 3 times the number of pixels and that is the number of channels you'll be sequencing.

Plus... the channel counts in everyone's signature is very subjective with rgb devices.

So the way I see it... it's not the number of channels you have but the number of devices.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• ace_master

• ItsMeBobO

How much are the controllers?
How many does each controller handle?
Will each controller handle more than one run of nodes?
Is the controller the same controller whether it is cat 5 or PL with just an option to make the difference between the cat5/PL or are they totally separate animals?

Guest wbottomley

FBW4 wrote:

Is the controller the same controller whether it is cat 5 or PL with just an option to make the difference between the cat5/PL or are they totally separate animals?

Is that sarcasm? If so, I love it. :P

If not, you're living under a rock. Start reading at page one of this thread and all your questions will be answered.

FBW4 wrote:

I think Dan made a post answering your questions on this thread. -> http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum25/25718-1.html

OK now I know I am a little slow sometimes, just call it due to age, I have a question and that is Where are you seeing this information and where can I go get the information on the CCB's?

Roger Leon Forbes wrote:

OK now I know I am a little slow sometimes, just call it due to age, I have a question and that is Where are you seeing this information and where can I go get the information on the CCB's?
Read this thread from the beginning (particularly posts by LightORamaDan) and you will find just about everything that we currently know.

You can also read the following thread for info... http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum81/25276.html

jimswinder wrote:

dmoore wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
dmoore wrote:
You can see in the following video the design that the CCB's are based on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAh1gg0u8Xk
So where can we get those Light Strings on the arch?!?!?!
That was a prototype of the PLC controller developed by someone outside of LOR - his design was conceived prior to pixels coming onto the market, though all the other aspects are nearly the same.

Were the light strings a prototype also?

Sort of - I recall he said he had a thousand or so strings of them made. All hand soldered in china.

dmoore wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
dmoore wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
dmoore wrote:
You can see in the following video the design that the CCB's are based on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAh1gg0u8Xk
So where can we get those Light Strings on the arch?!?!?!
That was a prototype of the PLC controller developed by someone outside of LOR - his design was conceived prior to pixels coming onto the market, though all the other aspects are nearly the same.

Were the light strings a prototype also?

Sort of - I recall he said he had a thousand or so strings of them made. All hand soldered in china.

When we had those prototypes built I was not 100% happy with them but they worked. I think it was 500 strings but but it could have been 1000...

Dan

Guest Don Gillespie

Mountainwxman wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
OK I might be out to lunch here exactly how many channels on an LOR controller will be required to work the CCB's lets just use a 50 count string for easy calculations that way I will understand this a little better.

Don, I have no idea what you are looking for... but, 1 pixel is 3 channels. So multiply 3 times the number of pixels and that is the number of channels you'll be sequencing.

Plus... the channel counts in everyone's signature is very subjective with rgb devices.

So the way I see it... it's not the number of channels you have but the number of devices.

What I was wondering is will one channel from the LOR controller controll a complete string of a 50 count CCB (all three colors) or do you need to use 3 channells (one for each color)??

The pixel controller connects to your LOR Network, just like any other controller (CTB16, etc). No channels from your existing controllers are used.

Here's a quick snapshot of LOR S2 setup with 7 RGB pixels.
Each pixel is represented by a single row in the sequencer, but can be expanded to show the 3 channels that make up that pixel. In the below picture, Pixels 7 has been expanded to show the 3 channels that make it up.

S2RGB.jpg

Guest Don Gillespie

heystew wrote:

The pixel controller connects to your LOR Network, just like any other controller (CTB16, etc). No channels from your existing controllers are used.

Here's a quick snapshot of LOR S2 setup with 7 RGB pixels.
Each pixel is represented by a single row in the sequencer, but can be expanded to show the 3 channels that make up that pixel. In the below picture, Pixels 7 has been expanded to show the 3 channels that make it up.

S2RGB.jpg

This makes perfect sense now I see how it operates I have never used the CCR'S or the CCB'S before this clears up a lot of questions for me thank you I also like the way it can connect to the LOR controller via the Cat5 cable should produce a whole different look to any display

Also, don't forget the CCB's and CCR's have macro's in them. So for example, if you wanted to control all 50 (or 100) bulbs individually you would need that many RGB channels in the sequence. However you can use macro's to use the preset programs within the CCB's or CCR's to create different effects with only needing a few channels. Makes life a little easier.

jimswinder wrote:

I would hope after seeing most of the comments on this thread that they would know that majority of us would prefer the smaller bulbs...

Carefull with the logic there.. Those with preference to smaller bulbs have reason to reply to the thread. Those who are happy with the idea of C9 format, have no reason to respond, and are thus not represented at the same percentage as those who would like the smaller format.

LightORamaDan wrote:

When we had those prototypes built I was not 100% happy with them but they worked. I think it was 500 strings but but it could have been 1000...

Dan

Would they possibly be for sale at a reduced rate and no warranty?????????

If I bought 4 sets of 100 c9 strings and 8 strings of 100 small bulb strings + 4 floods and 244 channels of LOR could I get a discount?;)

John2571 wrote:

If I bought 4 sets of 100 c9 strings and 8 strings of 100 small bulb strings + 4 floods and 244 channels of LOR could I get a discount?;)

Why should YOU get a discount? Are you different from the rest of us that also make large orders?

Buy them on sale, and call that your discount.

Sorry I phrased it wrong.;) Durring the feb./march sale will the 100 count sets be priced at 200$ or will they be priced lower?

John2571 wrote:

Sorry I phrased it wrong.:) Durring the feb./march sale will the 100 count sets be priced at 200$ or will they be priced lower?

The prices quoted were retail prices... When on sale they will be less.

Dan