Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Prices for NEW Items

jimswinder

Just looking over my display and thinking COMPLETE change over to CCB...

soooo...when are the CCB Icicle Lights coming out?????

EDIT:

Hmmmm...wonder if I can get ABC's Extreme Makeover to come out and do my house for FREE!!!!! :P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• ace_master

• ItsMeBobO

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Just looking over my display and thinking COMPLETE change over to CCB...

soooo...when are the CCB Icicle Lights coming out?????

EDIT:

Hmmmm...wonder if I can get ABC's Extreme Makeover to come out and do my house for FREE!!!!! :P

No!! I can do a make over on your house, I have a lot of blow molds and alot of static displays that I will be trading in for some new stuff, I just hate this time of the year because once my display is designed for the upcoming season it is hard to make changes with all the programing that has to take place these sales should happen in Nov so we can pretend we are buying our wives a gift maybe a gift certificate for LOR stuff, then we don't have to make these decisions in Jan arhggggggggg:D

Don Gillespie wrote:

these sales should happen in Nov so we can pretend we are buying our wives a gift maybe a gift certificate for LOR stuff, then we don't have to make these decisions in Jan arhggggggggg:D

hmmmm...looks like I can also go from 33 Controllers down to 9 and STILL have 20 open channels!!!

And NOT have to buy the 17 NEW controllers I was planning on buying this year...

Be looking for some 48 and 64 Channel Custom Made Enclosures to be going up for sale...

jeffl wrote:

There isn't no questions the LOR software will support the CCB product. I just think the larger share of people will want smaller M6 style RGB bulbs.

I was hoping for a smaller bulb also.

rwertz wrote:

jeffl wrote:
There isn't no questions the LOR software will support the CCB product.  I just think the larger share of people will want smaller M6 style RGB bulbs.

I like the idea of the c9 but it would be nice if they offered smaller also.

ace_master wrote:

rwertz wrote:
jeffl wrote:
There isn't no questions the LOR software will support the CCB product. I just think the larger share of people will want smaller M6 style RGB bulbs.

I like the idea of the c9 but it would be nice if they offered smaller also.

We can get the bulbs in large and small formats. I think we will do some additional research to see if it makes sense to have both sizes. The price would be about the same because the electronics in the bulbs would be the same.

Dan

George Simmons wrote:

I also like the idea of smaller bulbs than C9 size.

Me too. I like small high brightness lights!

Thanks Dan for finally telling us ball park prices, this makes it much easer to plan now.

How far can the two flood lights heads be from each other?

So if I do the math right 1 set of 50 CCB's = 33 feet of light

To people saying other things I think Dan prices and ideas are pretty great. Also remember that by going with LOR you will have a well tested product that will be backed by there company. RGB lights are expensive no matter how you buy them.

I definitely like the idea of the larger bulbs. Allot of people have been talking about finding diffusers for other RGB node products, LOR CCB will have the diffusers already. Someone by me used the GE color changing lights by me this year and the bigger sized looked great on their house.

Looks to me like next year I will be making a mega tree out of CCB :D

If the price can stay the same I could see my self buying 8 sets of 100.

I would also recommend people seriously think about adding RGB floods to their display. They really help to add a punch to your display.

Dan said that each flood gave out the light of about 10 rainbow floods. So two floods for 300$ = 20 rainbow floods, 20 rainbow floods will coast you more then 300$. Greg does make and awesome product, and I can recommend him highly but my display suffers quite a bit from Light pollution issues, so I would definitely like to add some extra powerful floods to the parts of the display that get hit with light pollution issues the wort.

If the prices stay the same I will probably buy 2 of the 2 light floods :)

Dan you have made me very excited about 2011, I know things might change but at least we know about what to expect :)

Now I will admit that I do stile plan to work with a few other RGB devices in the next year, honestly I am not even sure of these devices will make the display, just want to play with a few ideas I have floating around my head that LOR does not have comparable products for. But once again LOR proves that it will be very hard to find a product on the same level of something they make.

I really think it depends on what you want to achieve and how much you want to spend.

If you want to do an Arch a CCR will probably be better.

If you want to put lights on a tree a CCB will probably be better.

Also a CCR will be 250$ normally and has 50 RGB pixels if all goes well the CCB will be 100 RGB pixels for 200$ That a cheaper price and double the nodes. Which will probably make RGB Lighting allot more reasonable.

csf wrote:

I really think it depends on what you want to achieve and how much you want to spend.

If you want to do an Arch a CCR will probably be better.

If you want to put lights on a tree a CCB will probably be better.

Also a CCR will be 250$ normally and has 50 RGB pixels if all goes well the CCB will be 100 RGB pixels for 200$ That a cheaper price and double the nodes. Which will probably make RGB Lighting allot more reasonable.

I really want to see the brightness of CCBs. are they made of three tricolored LEDs like the CCR?

LightORamaDan wrote:

We can get the bulbs in large and small formats. I think we will do some additional research to see if it makes sense to have both sizes. The price would be about the same because the electronics in the bulbs would be the same.

Dan

Sheesh Dan...

Now I don't know what to do ...AGAIN!!! LOL :D

If you MIGHT be coming out with smaller bulbs, I would rather wait for those!!!

Though I could see having both in my display...I don't see them being about the same price as an issue.

Would the smaller ones have a more traditional spacing? Like 4"?

Guess I will have to order a couple and see how they would work out...

Oh..and another question..you said two 50 ct strings can be hooked to a controller...is this end to end or do both strings plug into the controller? Would make a big difference in designing things.

LightORamaDan wrote:

The CCB bulb will be molded to look like a C9 Christmas Light (molds are currently being produced and we will provide pictures as soon as possible)...

The CCB comes in strings of 50 bulbs with 8" spacing. The CCB controller will accept 1 or 2 strings of CCB bulbs. The CCB will be sold in 50 and 100 bulb sets. The set includes the controller with internal power supply and one or two sets of bulbs.

Thanks Dan ! This is so exciting to hear. Questions about all this.

Is the ccb 100 like a second ccr? I am hoping for 100 individually addressable contiguous bulbs. I recall the ccr manual says the second set of 50 results in sets of 2 pixels and still only 50 addressable pixels.

Are the molded bulb covers slip on and removable? I dont want C9 and it would discourage me from a purchase. I was hoping to be able to rig my own dome or maybe choose some options. My concept was a light saber as done by TheBaron. Basically each bulb had a 6 foot home made acrylic rod reflector. Not asking LOR to offer these. Just hoping that the dome is not single piece molded in so other options can be tried.

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

The CCB comes in strings of 50 bulbs with 8" spacing. The CCB controller will accept 1 or 2 strings of CCB bulbs. The CCB will be sold in 50 and 100 bulb sets. The set includes the controller with internal power supply and one or two sets of bulbs.

Dan

I know you don't have many details... but could they come in 4" spacing?

And, what chip are you using to control them?

Thanks a million!

BrownOut wrote:

I really want to see the brightness of CCBs. are they made of three tricolored LEDs like the CCR?

Is this correct? The CCR uses tri-color LEDs? I thought it used three (red, green and a blue) LEDs.

LightORamaDan wrote:

The CCB controller will accept 1 or 2 strings of CCB bulbs. The CCB will be sold in 50 and 100 bulb sets. The set includes the controller with internal power supply and one or two sets of bulbs.

To connect 2 CCB strings (the 100 bulb set), will both strings be directly connected to the controller, or will we be able to plug them in end to end?

Wow! This has me reconsidering my design for next year as well.
I think I would rather have 4" spacing and somthing in a C6.
At those prices, 16 strings is a real possibility.
I might have some controllers for sale to help defray the costs. On second thought... more is better :D

I need to do some serious ROI calculations...

Dan,

On the CCR 3 lights = 1 Pixel, how is it with the CCB's??? is each bulb a pixel??

Looks like I might be ordering 12 (maybe 16) - 100 count strings (would prefer smaller than the C9 size). 3 new mega trees!!!

Denise Brunner

If we do decide to go with both form factors (big and small) the will be made available at the same time so you will not need to wait on one or the other. We will make the the decision on the small bulbs in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

With the 100 bulb package the controller will be in the middle. All 100 bulbs will be individually addressable.

The CCR and the CRB both have their places. the same way that rope light and mini lights were used for different effects.

I do not recall the exact length of the cords on the floods but I think they can be spaced about 30' apart.