Light-O-Rama Forums

Just order my first cosmic color ribbon

Denise Brunner

OK, help !!!! just made a big step going to RGB, I ordered my first cosmic color ribbon. Any suggestions regarding software / programing and just in general its use ????

Thanks

jimswinder wrote:

Sorry Dan...

but for software look here:

http://www.superstarlights.com/

If you are going to have a bunch of CCRs then superstarlights is a nice tool. However if you are only going to use one of them for now then the S2 sequence editor is more than adequate.

Make sure to use the color picker tool and the chase tool and they will make things work out well for you.

Dan

Dan is correct...

Brians software is for multiple CCR's...

Wasn't thinking...again...

So you need to buy 5 more CCR's from Dan... :P

• 1 month later...

I, too, am looking to incorporate the ccrs this year and was thinking about getting one now to start playing with it. Was wondering...

Have you had a chance to play with your ccr yet? If so, how easy is it to work with? Is it what you expected? I would be very interested in your observations and experiences.

Thanks,
Sally

i also just ordered my first CCR (couldn't wait for spring to summer sale to get started. will be adding more then and CCB). I am looking for a or a few examples of sequences for CCR' to get an idea of how to sequence RGB. would anyone be willing to share (at least the CCR section of their sequences)? LOR or LSP.

• 1 month later...

I just got my CCR, Had to upgrade to 2.8.12. Got the ribbon to work in the hardware utility, but cannot get any lights working using the sequence editor. What am I doiing wrong? I did rclick on the 1st box and added the new device. That changes all the boxes to black. I have read the guides. I know I must just be missing a step

Thanks Pat

I am in the same boat. I missed out on the Spring and want to at least play with one before the summer sale so I ordered one this week. What I want to do is build two arches with one CCR. If it works out I will buy a second in the Summer Sale.

What are people using for an enclosure for the controller and power supply? Can you make two arches with one ribbon? Would it still be a good idea to use LOR software for two CCR's?

Thanks in advance.

tbird Pat wrote:

I just got my CCR, Had to upgrade to 2.8.12.  Got the ribbon to work in the hardware utility, but cannot get any lights working using the sequence editor.  What am I doiing wrong?

I don't mean to offend, but you didn't mention specifically whether you had sequenced any lighting commands into those black channels, or entered any macros into the seven channels below the black ones. In one place ot the other there needs to be lighting commands for the CCR to follow.

If yes, does the unit ID number of the CCR match the unit ID nbumber shown in the channels in the sequence?

It shouldn't matter for the CCR but why not upgrade to 2.9.4?

No offense taken I think you may be right I did try a lot of commands, but now I notice it is not on the unit id , I will try it again later changing the unit id

Also I was going from v2.7.6 I was getting an error when I tried to go to 2.9.4 so I did one down. This too I may try again at a later time

Thanks

Pat

Ordering my first CCR This morning !!!!! Making the leap to Advanced software upgrade also..Hurry up and open bank gotta make a deposit...Sold the motorcycle yesterday to pay for lights!!!! I MUST BE CRAZY !!!!

texascop wrote:

I am in the same boat. I missed out on the Spring and want to at least play with one before the summer sale so I ordered one this week. What I want to do is build two arches with one CCR. If it works out I will buy a second in the Summer Sale.

What are people using for an enclosure for the controller and power supply? Can you make two arches with one ribbon? Would it still be a good idea to use LOR software for two CCR's?

Thanks in advance.

YES you can use one CCR for 2 arches

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum89/26193.html

http://www.vimeo.com/19318379

He used 3 for 6 arches, no cutting!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Ordering my first CCR This morning !!!!! Making the leap to Advanced software upgrade also..Hurry up and open bank gotta make a deposit...Sold the motorcycle yesterday to pay for lights!!!! I MUST BE CRAZY !!!!

You are crazy!!! If I needed more money for lights, I'd sell the house before I sold my bike. Then I'd decorate the trees and my cardboard box. :P

Ron Amedee wrote:

Getting a Goldwing pretty soon and needed to make room. Getting too old for the go fast bike!

Yeah... I'm not near old enough for a goldwing. :P I still ride the rockets! :P

Guest Don Gillespie

Nurples wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:
Getting a Goldwing pretty soon and needed to make room. Getting too old for the go fast bike! the only bike I can ride is my two wheeler I have to peddle it LOL

Yeah... I'm not near old enough for a goldwing. :P I still ride the rockets! :PI have no idea what a rocket is however I drive a truck does that count. and yes I too can't wait untill I order the CCRs. should make the house look completly different and hooking them should be a breeze.

I was thinking of jumping on the "Band Wagon" and buying two CCR's for 4 arches and free up two controllers for my project.

However I am going to wait until next January and start buying CCR's and get those two or 3 extra controllers because I still need those channels for this year.

We shall see.

Scott, I might use one CCR for 2 arches.
Have not decided yet.