Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Clapper

LOR sale??

Don Gillespie wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We have tried temp agencies. The problem is that it takes a few days to get people up to speed on how things work and it ends up actually slowing things down in a case like this because the people who know how to do it spend time training and not doing. Also it is a hit-n-miss deal with those agencies. Sometimes you get someone that is really sharp and ready to work other times you get someone who seems to be powered by vision (If they aren't in my vision they aren't moving)

The two guys that do shipping full time year round are on this and they will get this blip handled quickly. They like to ship (not sure why but is good for me!). Perhaps it is better than putting together lockers and cabinets and mopping floors which is what they were doing last week...

We have "repeat" temps that know what they are doing and come in for the summer sale and seasonal rush. Most of them work at schools so they can work full time during the summer and they put in extra time in the winter. Also in the winter we pull people out of production to help with shipping.

Dan

Dan you have a very diplomatic way of handling things, I on the other hand call a spade a spade I to own a very succesful buisness and temp help is a waste of time and money the real smart people have jobs and the ones that don't well do I need to go any further, I would much rather wait for the right shipment to arrive rather than to be suprised when I open up the package and find somebody elses order.

Well lets not go crazy with this one (note for those who have the popcorn popping!)...

Guest Don Gillespie

LightORamaDan wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We have tried temp agencies. The problem is that it takes a few days to get people up to speed on how things work and it ends up actually slowing things down in a case like this because the people who know how to do it spend time training and not doing. Also it is a hit-n-miss deal with those agencies. Sometimes you get someone that is really sharp and ready to work other times you get someone who seems to be powered by vision (If they aren't in my vision they aren't moving)

The two guys that do shipping full time year round are on this and they will get this blip handled quickly. They like to ship (not sure why but is good for me!). Perhaps it is better than putting together lockers and cabinets and mopping floors which is what they were doing last week...

We have "repeat" temps that know what they are doing and come in for the summer sale and seasonal rush. Most of them work at schools so they can work full time during the summer and they put in extra time in the winter. Also in the winter we pull people out of production to help with shipping.

Dan

Dan you have a very diplomatic way of handling things, I on the other hand call a spade a spade I to own a very succesful buisness and temp help is a waste of time and money the real smart people have jobs and the ones that don't well do I need to go any further, I would much rather wait for the right shipment to arrive rather than to be suprised when I open up the package and find somebody elses order.

Well lets not go crazy with this one (note for those who have the popcorn popping!)...

come on yesterday was comercials today should be popcorn :P

I bought two too many from the march madness sale. So I have two for sale! I just cannot believe how they are not gone yet!

[align=center]Two Brand New In The Box,[/align][align=center]CTB16PC Controllers for Trade or Sell!.[/align][align=center]I want to trade for two New CCR's![/align]