Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Clapper

LOR sale??

Well, Wonder what happened to the inventory reduction sale. Is there going to still be one this spring Dan? Ah the stress watching and hoping that I dont miss the notice. :P

Thanks

Just wondering....would it be better to buy something inexpensive now, so as to setup an account? Does the checkout site keep all the pertinent info such as Name, Address, CC# and such? I know on Amazon this keeps all my info so I don't have to re-type everything when I check out.

MikeH

Well, here it is the 18th and no word of a sale yet. Only 2 Sat. nights left in March and I'll probably be on my boat when the sale goes live. Hope my marina gets the WiFi installed before the sale so I don't miss it.
XXXX (fingers crossed).

Guest wbottomley

James George wrote:

Well, here it is the 18th and no word of a sale yet. Only 2 Sat. nights left in March and I'll probably be on my boat when the sale goes live. Hope my marina gets the WiFi installed before the sale so I don't miss it.
XXXX (fingers crossed).

Have you been living under a rock? Check out the other thread for sale information.

Mountainwxman wrote:

James George wrote:
XXXX (fingers crossed).

Have you been living under a rock? Check out the other thread for sale information.

Sounds like a Geico living under a rock commercial:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCFMDLakxaY

One problem is that we do not have a single source of info... I will put something in the announcement section.

Dan

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
James George wrote:
XXXX (fingers crossed).

Sounds like a Geico living under a rock commercial:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCFMDLakxaY

One problem is that we do not have a single source of info... I will put something in the announcement section.

Dan

I thought everyone would like that.

I got my official email invite to the sale this morning... I have my credit card number memorized and ready to order!

Why a week night? Haven't these always been on the weekends in the past?

Maybe to mix it up sometime. So everybody remember saturday at 12pm. LOL. Sale starts. LOL.

friskybri wrote:

Maybe to mix it up sometime. So everybody remember saturday at 12pm. LOL. Sale starts. LOL.

Now the sale starts at noon?!? Well I guess everybody better be ready at their computer at 11:45AM instead. ;):D

I know everyone here is only trying to have fun with various times/days of the sale.

However, there are always new people joining the forums who may easily become confused as to what time the sale actually starts. (Everyone was new here once, right?)

It's just me talking out loud, nothing more ... but maybe we should be careful with the dates and times we throw out.

For the record - The sale information is at http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html and has the starting day/time listed on there.

Guest wbottomley

Don wrote:

Everyone was new here once, right?

No. Well... only a hand full of us weren't.

But, I'm glad we have a good place to talk, share idea's, and trouble shoot problems. Unlike the large forum full of jargon and non-sense, this place is pretty much civil. Well... again, unless I start a rumor or war, lol.

When is that sale again? Next Saturday 10 AM?

Mountainwxman wrote:

Don wrote:

But, I'm glad we have a good place to talk, share idea's, and trouble shoot problems. Unlike the large forum full of jargon and non-sense, this place is pretty much civil. Well... again, unless I start a rumor or war, lol.

You Guys are funny!!! But Don does have a good point and of course in this thread as people read it with so many different times thay are sure to know it is a joke.

However (as usual) there were a number of orders placed immediatly after the email went out today. We will be contacting those people on Monday to make sure they understand what is going on !!!

Dan

I am from the camp of, "Trust, but verify". Dan, there will always be people who can not read. That is proven by those who called this past Saturday. That's why the worse of those people win prizes like the Darwin award. And being a electrical maintenance man we also have the saying of "Can't fix stupid". I should know, I am still broken or is that broke due to buying all of this blinky stuff?

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Don wrote:

You Guys are funny!!! But Don does have a good point and of course in this thread as people read it with so many different times thay are sure to know it is a joke.

However (as usual) there were a number of orders placed immediatly after the email went out today. We will be contacting those people on Monday to make sure they understand what is going on !!!

Dan

And... I thought that was an early bird special. :D

I guess this bird will have to go to another yard with worms instead of spaghetti noodles. ;)

Note: I was NOT one of those people. This will make my 4,5,6th sale? Shoot, I've been doing this so long, can't keep up.

Mountainwxman wrote:

I guess you all are right -- we probably shouldn't be joking about such a sad thing as a LOR Going Out of Business Sale anyway...

P1020290.JPG

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

I guess you all are right -- we probably shouldn't be joking about such a sad thing as a LOR Going Out of Business Sale anyway...

P1020290.JPG
OMG!! LOR is not going OUT OF BUSINESS?? Well I better rush and buy those controllers during the spring sale. :D

Wonder how many people will focus on the caps and not read the lower case words before the caps? Speed reading is not cracked up to be everything people hoped for.

Of course, I don't get home from work till 11:30 PM. I'm sure y'all will hold off on ordering so there will be something left when I get home.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Of course, I don't get home from work till 11:30 PM. I'm sure y'all will hold off on ordering so there will be something left when I get home.

Call in sick. I would lol.

I see no CCB for this years sale. I was looking forward to experimenting with these for 2012 season. You always have to plan for years in advanced!

However I would like to say THANKS to Dan for these sales. Its what got me started and 2011 will be my 3rd year at animation

brownjm74 wrote:

I see no CCB for this years sale. I was looking forward to experimenting with these for 2012 season. You always have to plan for years in advanced!

However I would like to say THANKS to Dan for these sales. Its what got me started and 2011 will be my 3rd year at animation

We decided not to include the pre-inventory sale of CCBs with the inventory reduction sale. We will have the CCBs on pre-sale later in the Spring before the Summer Sale.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

brownjm74 wrote:
I see no CCB for this years sale.  I was looking forward to experimenting with these for 2012 season.  You always have to plan for years in advanced!

However I would like to say THANKS to Dan for these sales.  Its what got me started and 2011 will be my 3rd year at animation

We decided not to include the pre-inventory sale of CCBs with the inventory reduction sale. We will have the CCBs on pre-sale later in the Spring before the Summer Sale.

Dan

Will they be on sale 1/2 down and 1/2 price later? Or full price on order?
Thanks Dan.

BrownOut wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
brownjm74 wrote:

Dan

Will they be on sale 1/2 down and 1/2 price later? Or full price on order?
Thanks Dan.

I am not sure... It will either be 0% down 100% on delivery or 50/50...

Dan

brownjm74 wrote:

I see no CCB for this years sale.

I was looking for the Lor Floods. Are they coming out this year?