Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sale??

Tom Clapper

Whoo Hoo! 2 minutes and 47 seconds after 10:00 and I go from 48 to 96 channels. Four minutes later my ISP decided to do upgrades and I lost my internet connection for five minutes. As they say... I'd rather be lucky than good!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• BrownOut

• displaysinmotion_will

• Max-Paul

So happy to get my 4 controllers bringing my show up to 96 channels.

Did lots of homework to prep for the sale. Made sure I knew exactly what I was getting, made sure the credit card was working, even verified what exactly was needed to checked out.

Then I had my credit card number and address on the clipboard for pasting for faster checkout.

Great sale.

Tim.Barr wrote:

Well, for the second year in a row - with 15 minutes to go before the sale - the wife has shut down my plans to start deploying LOR.

Tim in PA.

Sound like it's time for Wife 2.0!

4hoogies wrote:

Yeah, I got my couple of controllers in as well. Excited!!! figured I would for sure be too late.

Hi T! It's late in asking, but did you finally get yours working for Christmas?

UPS SHIPPING LABEL CREATED.....

At last i can sleep in peace tonight, hav'nt had any for the last two nights with my brain in flashing, twinkle mode !!!!!

martinmc wrote:

UPS SHIPPING LABEL CREATED.....

At last i can sleep in peace tonight, hav'nt had any for the last two nights with my brain in flashing, twinkle mode !!!!!

Was the shipping info emailed to you?

Got my ship notification a few hours ago...you'll get an email just like you did the order confirmation.

It's typical LOR service..they have your stuff on your doorstep before you know it..

DonFL wrote:

Got my ship notification a few hours ago...you'll get an email just like you did the order confirmation.

It's typical LOR service..they have your stuff on your doorstep before you know it..

I printed my order confirmation, but it was never emailed to me. I do have the correct email address on the order and it is not in a spam folder. I'm sure it will come.

DonFL wrote:

It may take up to two weeks (most likely quicker) to get everything shipped... We just do not have the staff to ship more than 100 orders a day this time of year.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

DonFL wrote:

It may take up to two weeks (most likely quicker) to get everything shipped... We just do not have the staff to ship more than 100 orders a day this time of year.

Dan

Hey Dan, ever think of just hiring some TEMP workers through a local temp/staffing agency for a day or two or maybe a week or two to get all your orders out when you have these sales? You can usually get some "cheap" workers for a day or two, or even a couple weeks. I've worked through staffing agencies quite often, and most often temp help pay rates are around the $8-$10 an hour range for "short-term" employment to just help out with packing up items in a warehouse.

Just a suggestion for the next sales event. (If you would want to do something like this.)

You can ship mine when you get around to it. Not like I need it tomorrow or anything. LMAO You really need to work on that instant site to site transporter to ship your stuff. ;)

Orville wrote:

Hey Dan, ever think of just hiring some TEMP workers through a local temp/staffing agency for a day or two or maybe a week or two to get all your orders out when you have these sales? You can usually get some "cheap" workers for a day or two, or even a couple weeks. I've worked through staffing agencies quite often, and most often temp help pay rates are around the $8-$10 an hour range for "short-term" employment to just help out with packing up items in a warehouse.

Just a suggestion for the next sales event. (If you would want to do something like this.)

Thanks for the suggestion. We have tried temp agencies. The problem is that it takes a few days to get people up to speed on how things work and it ends up actually slowing things down in a case like this because the people who know how to do it spend time training and not doing. Also it is a hit-n-miss deal with those agencies. Sometimes you get someone that is really sharp and ready to work other times you get someone who seems to be powered by vision (If they aren't in my vision they aren't moving)

The two guys that do shipping full time year round are on this and they will get this blip handled quickly. They like to ship (not sure why but is good for me!). Perhaps it is better than putting together lockers and cabinets and mopping floors which is what they were doing last week...

We have "repeat" temps that know what they are doing and come in for the summer sale and seasonal rush. Most of them work at schools so they can work full time during the summer and they put in extra time in the winter. Also in the winter we pull people out of production to help with shipping.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Orville wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We have tried temp agencies. The problem is that it takes a few days to get people up to speed on how things work and it ends up actually slowing things down in a case like this because the people who know how to do it spend time training and not doing. Also it is a hit-n-miss deal with those agencies. Sometimes you get someone that is really sharp and ready to work other times you get someone who seems to be powered by vision (If they aren't in my vision they aren't moving)

The two guys that do shipping full time year round are on this and they will get this blip handled quickly. They like to ship (not sure why but is good for me!). Perhaps it is better than putting together lockers and cabinets and mopping floors which is what they were doing last week...

We have "repeat" temps that know what they are doing and come in for the summer sale and seasonal rush. Most of them work at schools so they can work full time during the summer and they put in extra time in the winter. Also in the winter we pull people out of production to help with shipping.

Dan

I do know exactly what you mean. I am always ready to go in to any job, no matter what it is and be ready to go (work), but like you say, it is hit and miss, some of the other temps that were sent out with me, well, sometimes they don't even make it through the entire shift before getting canned because they either can't grasp the idea of what's needed, or they just are too lazy to work and figured it was a position where they could "goof off" and not have to do much work. Myself, I've never understood that mentallity, but it's there in some folks, for whatever reason, I have no idea.

Sort of like the company owes them a check, instead of having to really "work" for it.

I guess I'm one of those rare breeds that will actually go above and beyond what is required of me when I enter any type job, including doing things that aren't even part of my job description. But I was always taught, take pride in your job, the company you work for/with, and always do your absolute best work and improve on it. Be willing to take on new criteria or additional duties, even if they aren't yours, if asked, do it.

So hard to really find good help these days and it seems the ones that always win out on positions now days are the ones some folks wouldn't even want as their next door neighbor!

Yet with my work ethic I can't even get re-employed(or so it sure seems at the moment), but I really believe a lot of that has more to do with my age, than anything else! (But I don't look anywhere near it!) Guess when they see the birthdate, that does me in. LOL