Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sale??

Tom Clapper

friskybri wrote:

Maybe to mix it up sometime. So everybody remember saturday at 12pm. LOL. Sale starts. LOL.

Now the sale starts at noon?!? Well I guess everybody better be ready at their computer at 11:45AM instead. ;):D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• BrownOut

• displaysinmotion_will

• Max-Paul

I know everyone here is only trying to have fun with various times/days of the sale.

However, there are always new people joining the forums who may easily become confused as to what time the sale actually starts. (Everyone was new here once, right?)

It's just me talking out loud, nothing more ... but maybe we should be careful with the dates and times we throw out.

For the record - The sale information is at http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html and has the starting day/time listed on there.

Guest wbottomley

Don wrote:

Everyone was new here once, right?

No. Well... only a hand full of us weren't.

But, I'm glad we have a good place to talk, share idea's, and trouble shoot problems. Unlike the large forum full of jargon and non-sense, this place is pretty much civil. Well... again, unless I start a rumor or war, lol.

When is that sale again? Next Saturday 10 AM?

Mountainwxman wrote:

Don wrote:

But, I'm glad we have a good place to talk, share idea's, and trouble shoot problems. Unlike the large forum full of jargon and non-sense, this place is pretty much civil. Well... again, unless I start a rumor or war, lol.

You Guys are funny!!! But Don does have a good point and of course in this thread as people read it with so many different times thay are sure to know it is a joke.

However (as usual) there were a number of orders placed immediatly after the email went out today. We will be contacting those people on Monday to make sure they understand what is going on !!!

Dan

I am from the camp of, "Trust, but verify". Dan, there will always be people who can not read. That is proven by those who called this past Saturday. That's why the worse of those people win prizes like the Darwin award. And being a electrical maintenance man we also have the saying of "Can't fix stupid". I should know, I am still broken or is that broke due to buying all of this blinky stuff?

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Don wrote:

You Guys are funny!!! But Don does have a good point and of course in this thread as people read it with so many different times thay are sure to know it is a joke.

However (as usual) there were a number of orders placed immediatly after the email went out today. We will be contacting those people on Monday to make sure they understand what is going on !!!

Dan

And... I thought that was an early bird special. :D

I guess this bird will have to go to another yard with worms instead of spaghetti noodles. ;)

Note: I was NOT one of those people. This will make my 4,5,6th sale? Shoot, I've been doing this so long, can't keep up.

Mountainwxman wrote:

I guess you all are right -- we probably shouldn't be joking about such a sad thing as a LOR Going Out of Business Sale anyway...

P1020290.JPG

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

I guess you all are right -- we probably shouldn't be joking about such a sad thing as a LOR Going Out of Business Sale anyway...

P1020290.JPG
OMG!! LOR is not going OUT OF BUSINESS?? Well I better rush and buy those controllers during the spring sale. :D

Wonder how many people will focus on the caps and not read the lower case words before the caps? Speed reading is not cracked up to be everything people hoped for.

Of course, I don't get home from work till 11:30 PM. I'm sure y'all will hold off on ordering so there will be something left when I get home.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Of course, I don't get home from work till 11:30 PM. I'm sure y'all will hold off on ordering so there will be something left when I get home.

Call in sick. I would lol.

I see no CCB for this years sale. I was looking forward to experimenting with these for 2012 season. You always have to plan for years in advanced!

However I would like to say THANKS to Dan for these sales. Its what got me started and 2011 will be my 3rd year at animation

brownjm74 wrote:

I see no CCB for this years sale. I was looking forward to experimenting with these for 2012 season. You always have to plan for years in advanced!

However I would like to say THANKS to Dan for these sales. Its what got me started and 2011 will be my 3rd year at animation

We decided not to include the pre-inventory sale of CCBs with the inventory reduction sale. We will have the CCBs on pre-sale later in the Spring before the Summer Sale.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

brownjm74 wrote:
I see no CCB for this years sale.  I was looking forward to experimenting with these for 2012 season.  You always have to plan for years in advanced!

However I would like to say THANKS to Dan for these sales.  Its what got me started and 2011 will be my 3rd year at animation

We decided not to include the pre-inventory sale of CCBs with the inventory reduction sale. We will have the CCBs on pre-sale later in the Spring before the Summer Sale.

Dan

Will they be on sale 1/2 down and 1/2 price later? Or full price on order?
Thanks Dan.

BrownOut wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
brownjm74 wrote:

Dan

Will they be on sale 1/2 down and 1/2 price later? Or full price on order?
Thanks Dan.

I am not sure... It will either be 0% down 100% on delivery or 50/50...

Dan

brownjm74 wrote:

I see no CCB for this years sale.

I was looking for the Lor Floods. Are they coming out this year?

redsea300 wrote:

brownjm74 wrote:
I see no CCB for this years sale.

I was looking for the Lor Floods. Are they coming out this year?

Yes they are coming out this year. We will have a pre-sale for them as well next month.

Dan

BONUS!! I thot my Phoenix-Charlotte passengers were gonna be mad as their pilot was gonna make them late 'cause he'd be in front of his computer instead of the cockpit tomorrow night!! But I'll actually be sitting comfortably in my hotel room in Charlotte with my finger posed over the Purchase button!! (I get in couple hours earlier) Any of you buy up all the stock, look out! I'll dump the lavs on your house! :) Jus kidding.. maybe..

Yah same here had checkride yesterday. In ground schoold next three.days. Will sleep in class so.i can be wide awake for sale.

friskybri wrote

Yah same here had checkride yesterday. In ground schoold next three.days. Will sleep in class so.i can be wide awake for sale.

How nervous were you on the checkride!!!!! My knees shook so hard i could hardly walk just knowing a FAA person was in the plane!!! Brave fellow i might add!!!

Brian, new type or just 6/12 mo. chk? Which airplane? You're at American bEagle? I left Flagship to come to AmWest I've got quite a few old friends that are still there.. I'd be double digit seniority in ORD or DFW if I had stayed.. oh well, who knew..

Ron, I gave up being nervous on chkrides long ago.. it's just easier trying your best, knowing what to do, and not tryin' to BS your way thru the Oral..

I was hoping if I was unlucky, and flying when the sale was going to happen, I'd be on a 321 which has wifi.. but I lucked out and will be on the ground in CLT when it kicks off!!