Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Else Get This Email from Light Keeper Pro?

jimswinder

Ron Amedee wrote:

Jerry

V.P. of an incandesent bulb tester/repair thingy site and doesn't put a link to your site. Intresting.

I see that you list your occupation as "Electronics Technician Fire Alarms/Suppression Systems/ EAS" yet I don't see a link to your site, either.

Interesting.

(Not everyone come to a forum to advertise their business. Disclaimer: My signatures have been in there for a long time.)

The intent of this project is to create a DVD of beautiful holiday displays throughout the US and Canada with all profits going to charity It is not to promote our product, we are simply the company financing this undertaking and distributing the DVD. I hope this answers your concern.

Jerry Cepa
Ulta-Lit Technologies Inc

No disrespect to Jerry, but this smells to me like one of those poetry books that the parents and grandparents of 5th-8th graders buy for $75 because they get the letter that a poem that their child wrote was submitted to them and found worthy of publishing. It makes you feel good, and who wants to say no to Jr, but in the end, the company is simply putting together the writing of anyone who wants to pay the money to be in the book and is making lots of money off of it.

And No, I didn't receive an email either, but I'm ok being in the group as George. So long as he doesn't park too close to me anyway :D

jcepa wrote:

Yes, we have stopped accepting submissions. The DVD is currently being edited.

However we do hope to have future additions.

Jerry Cepa
Ulta-Lit Technologies Inc
What charities get to partake in the 100% of profits that are donated?

How do you select them?

Pardon my skepticism, but I'm always like that when I see an attempt at making a DVD like this, trying to get it distributed, etc.

100% of profits sounds nice, but you have to make a profit first...

Guys, I don't see whay some of you are making such a big issue over this. :?

No one forced anyone to buy/submit anything. For the record I also received a request, but didn't avail myself of it either. Folks were given an opportunity to feature their display on a DVD, profits of the sales of which were going to charity.

What % of sales went to re-coop the costs of manufacturing and distribution of the product is no one's business. The one exception would be if folks are being asked to contribute to a charity directly, in which case contributors do have the right to see % of their donations that go to operational costs.

I do not believe that was the case here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To dis a vendor for making his actual costs back is, before distributing any profits is ludicrous from a business viewpoint.

Oh, and BTW, do we ask those who collect for charities from their displays whether they report receipt of these charitable contributions to the IRS, as required? I would hope not, as that is their business.

Greg