Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Else Get This Email from Light Keeper Pro?

jimswinder

Request to submit your Christmas display for national DVD

cleardot.gifDear Decorator,

We would love to feature your home in a new, nationally distributed, holiday DVD, “Bellringin’ Christmas Displays,” a video tour of the best Christmas decorations in the United States and Canada. 100% of the profits will be donated to charity. For details on entering your photos and/or videos and valuable photography hints, please see: http://tsa-lightkeeperpro.org.

We are also happy to receive any photos, videos or contact information for other displays that are notable in your area. Please feel free to pass this email along.

The DVD won’t be complete without you!

Looking forward to including you,

The Folks at Lightkeeper Pro &
Mary Edsey, author of The Best Christmas Decorations in Chicagoland

Mary Edsey
Bellringin' DVD
Ulta-Lit Technologies, Inc.
Home of the LightKeeper Pro
1989 Johns Drive
Glenview, IL 60025

Don wrote:

Yes.

Guess I should have added...

and if so, are you going to submit a video of your display? :(

Well, I'm not. (Then again, I've only submitted once to a DVD. That was my first year, back in '05.)

I wouldn't see an issue with submitting your videos to them, though.

I guess I should also mention that they seem to at least be visiting the websites of these displays. In the email I received it had information specific to my display. It wasn't information posted on the front page, so they did more than an email blast.

(Now, how much more I have no idea.)

jimswinder wrote:

100% of the profits will be donated to charity. For details on entering your photos and/or videos and valuable photography hints, please see: http://tsa-lightkeeperpro.org.

Yah. I like how they say 100% of profits. Less their cut. Just like the salvation Army. LOL. Love how the chapter people make really good money. (ie San Diego Chapter president $500,000) and they call themselves a charity. Give me a break. I wouldn't buy this or submit a video. Good luck.

I haven't seen that yet. However, the two men in charge of LKP spoke at the Chicago Mini. I feel like I vaguely remember them saying something about a DVD of lights and such. Well, here it is!

Makes sense they either just harvest website emails, or from forums like this...

Sounds like one of those "who's who in whatever" books that offers you the book for 29.95 so you can see your name in print..

Maybe its just the devious part of me, but might be funny to submit the worst of the worst and see if they put it on the DVD..like a LOR bloopers submission..Jim's tree in a heap...lights that do nothing..etc.

chuckd wrote:

From what I know, EVERYBODY got one of those emails, from the smallest displays I've seen all the way to the biggest.

Make that ALMOST everybody - I guess I didn't make the cut either...

Yah George your display really sucks. I can see why they don't want yours. Lol. You better send all your sequences and controllers to me. Just kidding. :P.

• 1 month later...

We agree that the initial requirements for submitting entries were cumbersome. That process was ultimately simplified. Sometimes get overly cautious for the attorneys.

Thanks for you input.

Jerry at LightKeeper Pro

Ron Amedee wrote:

Jerry

V.P. of an incandesent bulb tester/repair thingy site and doesn't put a link to your site. Intresting.

And a must have thingy IMHO!!